Realistically.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistically.....

We ain't good enough to get anywhere near the playoffs and rightly so considering our present situation with ftp and all that load of bo llix so apart from a potential cup run where do you see the next couple of years going for the club
    PRIDE OF LONDON.

Rotherham Luton and the ilk
    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Hoping Luton go up
      PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
        Hoping Luton go up
        They dead certs
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Stranger things have happened than a club with modest budget making the play-offs, so I will keep hoping; not so much this season, but next. But realistically it will be very hard, as we need to cut costs significantly due to FFP and due to Premier League parachute money coming to an end. However, a lot of other clubs are in the same position, so I won't rule out a good 2019/2020 season. If Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield get relegated this season I don't fancy any of them going straight back either (Fulham will implode, with their many underperforming big earners). So who knows, 2019/2020 can be the year. We have a decent manager, which is a good start.

Comment

Looking forward to next season , improving football first and foremost ,Luton ,Portsmouth ,Fulham and Cardiff rejoining the the championship ,hopefully Charlton too , all games with an edge........
            Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Realistically an Everton or a Leicester in the Prem. Not going to get relegated but won't challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                Looking forward to next season , improving football first and foremost ,Luton ,Portsmouth ,Fulham and Cardiff rejoining the the championship ,hopefully Charlton too , all games with an edge........
                Pretty much how I see it vesps....some cracking games ahead
                PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                  We ain't good enough to get anywhere near the playoffs and rightly so considering our present situation with ftp and all that load of bo llix so apart from a potential cup run where do you see the next couple of years going for the club
                  Keep on this path of developing players, and McClaren and his team keep delivering, a relegation battle
                  will be a thing of the past, but i think we have a few more years in the Championship for the foreseeable

Comment

If we finish this season where we are positioned now it should be regarded as a big success, I agree that we are miles away from being good enough for play offs but on the plus side we are too good to be relegated . I hope we give it a real go next Tuesday,what a great chance we have to reach the 5th round for the 1st time in 22 years. This summer will be very important for the club,players will leave and we will need to replace properly. With our present situation I would very happily take 14th position again for next season

Comment

We will have to sell the likes of Freeman etc because we are a selling club it's not great but it's just how it is. What is more hopeful is that for the first time in years we have a queue of youngsters who will only get better! Not all will make it to be first team regulars but they are some really impressive prospects coming through. If we can keep enough of them then the future looks ok!

Comment

actually prefer the Championship because we are nowhere near good enough to compete in the top flight. When you see Wednesdays pathetic performance against a far superior Chelsea side I don't want to be seeing that every week. A good cup run and balance the books and then see where we go from there
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

As long as we dont throw silly money around trying to get promoted and aren't in a relegation battle then I'm quite happy.

Seems to me that most clubs eventually get a serious crack at promotion at sometime and I just hope when it comes to us we absolutely storm this division then act wisely like Burnley did a few years ago.

Love the idea of a few cup runs though.

Comment

Working...
                          X