Release the handbrake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Sorry but last season for quite a big chunk of the second half of the season we was dominating possession with this same squad and the younger players, so dont agree with you there
    2nd half of the season, the majority of games we had less possesion.

Comment

Come on Swede your o/p would be nice watch when things go well but imo it would lead to losing games 4_3 you've got to have Ballance in a side and that means you need foot soldiers to slog it out for your ball players and that means Cameron or Scowens have to consired

Comment

It's unbelievable that some fan still think we have a chance of reaching the play offs,we are 14th in the league and that position is a fair one,and if we finish up in 14th position it would have been a fantastic season for us. We aren't even nearly good enough to finish in the play offs

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          Come on Swede your o/p would be nice watch when things go well but imo it would lead to losing games 4_3 you've got to have Ballance in a side and that means you need foot soldiers to slog it out for your ball players and that means Cameron or Scowens have to consired
          Your right but I believe Pav is both - foot soldier and creator.

Comment

I'd like to see Oteh partnering Wells upfront. Nakhi looked well pissed off against Preston, not getting any service and someone to play off would give us more firepower
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post

Not mental, more like a wise thing to do. He has all the attributes to play in that position and if we use him there, we wont be so onedimensional in CMF. Both CMF must be able to be creative, if not we are easy to read/stop. One upfront is not enough, we need to start winning games - if we’re about to give the playoffs a chance.
              How is picking an out and out winger with no experience playing central midfield in central midfield a wise idea?

Seen some silly posts on this site recently, but this one is right up there!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Ive said bout wanting chair in but more attacking wise, hsavnt seen anyone saying having chair as our defensive holding midfielder.
                I never said anything about playing him as defensive midfielder either mate. My point is that if you wanna play 4-4-2, both your central midfielders need to be well rounded. Able to defend and attack. Mas can play that role, not sure any of our other midfielders really can.

Chair is an attacking midfielder. We'd be exposed defensively if we pick him in the middle in a 4-4-2 formation, or sitting deep in a 4-5-1.

Comment

So are we writing Eze off ?

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    I'd like to see Oteh partnering Wells upfront. Nakhi looked well pissed off against Preston, not getting any service and someone to play off would give us more firepower
                    Done that yesterday and it was woeful

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                      So are we writing Eze off ?
                      Doesn't look that interested to me. I reckon he has his eyes on a big pay day in the top flight. Hard to blame him to be fair, as much as it probably won't help his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson
                        Chair can swap in for Eze when needed with no need for formation change. Certainly can't play as part of a middle 2. Eze not going anywhere I reckon but should enjoy him while we have him.
                        Fully agree with this. Chairs couple of brief appearances look very promising and full of energy.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Chair can swap in for Eze when needed with no need for formation change. Certainly can't play as part of a middle 2. Eze not going anywhere I reckon but should enjoy him while we have him.
                          Agree with that.

Comment

Have you ever seen him shout at a referee or team mate? Just very laid back it seems...doesn't mean he is not interested.
                            Agreed mate. But you can't say his performances haven't dropped off a bit in recent weeks, and where was he yesterday?

Could be wrong, but I suspect his head has been turned!

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

Done that yesterday and it was woeful
                              Yeah, but to be fair you could partner Shearer and Cole in Hoops and they would struggle with our midfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Agreed mate. But you can't say his performances haven't dropped off a bit in recent weeks, and where was he yesterday?

Could be wrong, but I suspect his head has been turned!
                                Injured apparently!
                                @gatorTFC

Comment

Working...
                                X