Release the handbrake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release the handbrake

If we really should give the playoffs a chance we need to release the handbrake. Give it a go and play a MF-formation able to win every game. From left to right:

Freeman - Luongo- Wzsolek - Bright -Samuel

Samuel has been great when playing and Pav has all the experience and attributes to be a good CMF. Have Cameron as backup and Scowen-Cousins on the bench.

Bring it on.

Wszolek in the middle? When he's proven to be very handy on the wing?
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Play off dream is over

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Wszolek in the middle? When he's proven to be very handy on the wing?
        More than handy on the wing but we also have BOS, and he is also more than handy. Scowen and Cousins are not so handy.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
          If we really should give the playoffs a chance we need to release the handbrake. Give it a go and play a MF-formation able to win every game. From left to right:

Samuel has been great when playing and Pav has all the experience and attributes to be a good CMF. Have Cameron as backup and Scowen-Cousins on the bench.

Bring it on.
          I agree with you about releasing the handbrake, we are creating bugger all atm and averaging a goal a game, me personally would like to see chair replacing luongo while hes out, smyth recalled as felt hes exactly what we need and

would of been ideal for yesterday & and replacing wzolek when hes knackered or not on it, for me also mannings got a goal or two in him, but needs to be getting more games, for whatever people think of smith how can a team ignore

a striker who got 11 goals last year, causes havoc most times hes involved, just cut out soo many long ballsfrom defence to him as we have the width, we`ve got good enough players and mac needs to let these players express

themselves more, this keeping shape too much is starting to become boring in my opinion when we have a few players who can be exciting given the licence to be.

PS, Spaced things out a little so as not to upset our english teachers firm
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

More than handy on the wing but we also have BOS, and he is also more than handy. Scowen and Cousins are not so handy.
            I get you but playing players out of position won't remedy that, that was a Holloway thing and I'd hope we've moved on from that. I don't personally think Wszolek would do any better in CM than the 2 you mentioned. A CM is a definite must in the summer.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Bring it on.
              Agree with the sentiment, but Pav in the middle is mental.

For me I'd play a 5 man midfield with Freeman in the number 10 role, then luongo and one of Scowen, Cousins or Manning in the middle. I'd pick 2 out of Pawel, BOS or Chair out wide.

I see lots of people calling for Chair to be played centre midfield. Not really sure that's his game. He's quite diminutive and has no real defensive side to his game. Best played as a number 10 or out wide I think!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 27-01-2019, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

For me I'd play a 5 man midfield with Freeman in the number 10 role, then luongo and one of Scowen, Cousins or Manning in the middle. I'd pick 2 out of Pawel, BOS or Chair out wide.

I see lots of people calling for Chair to be paid centre midfield. Not really sure that's his game. He's quite diminutive and has no real defensive side to his game. Best played as a number 10 or out wide I think!
                Not mental, more like a wise thing to do. He has all the attributes to play in that position and if we use him there, we wont be so onedimensional in CMF. Both CMF must be able to be creative, if not we are easy to read/stop. One upfront is not enough, we need to start winning games - if we’re about to give the playoffs a chance.

Comment

Our success and good performances this season has been built on solid defences and good structure in midfield. Something we have lacked under most recent managers. We have limited possession but hit on the break and are difficult to break down and work hard as a unit with everyone knowing their jobs and people played in correct position. And now we suddenly change to this free flowing, possession dominating side? Come on mate. Despite what some may thing, this squad is not that strong. Player for player, we’re lower bottom half if not bottom 5. We start playing like you suggest and I’d say the only other thing to do would be bend over.

Comment

what we need to stop doing is hoofing and blinfly heading the ball at every opportunity. i noticed it yesterday and against preston, every time the defence had the ball they just hoofed it up field with no real direction even when a player was right in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I see lots of people calling for Chair to be paid centre midfield. Not really sure that's his game. He's quite diminutive and has no real defensive side to his game. Best played as a number 10 or out wide I think!
                      Ive said bout wanting chair in but more attacking wise, hsavnt seen anyone saying having chair as our defensive holding midfielder.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                        Our success and good performances this season has been built on solid defences and good structure in midfield. Something we have lacked under most recent managers. We have limited possession but hit on the break and are difficult to break down and work hard as a unit with everyone knowing their jobs and people played in correct position. And now we suddenly change to this free flowing, possession dominating side? Come on mate. Despite what some may thing, this squad is not that strong. Player for player, we’re lower bottom half if not bottom 5. We start playing like you suggest and I’d say the only other thing to do would be bend over.
                        Sorry but last season for quite a big chunk of the second half of the season we was dominating possession with this same squad and the younger players, so dont agree with you there

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                          what we need to stop doing is hoofing and blinfly heading the ball at every opportunity. i noticed it yesterday and against preston, every time the defence had the ball they just hoofed it up field with no real direction even when a player was right in front of them.
                          Sadly that what the midfield two did too. Play it on the floor and out wide.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Sorry but last season for quite a big chunk of the second half of the season we was dominating possession with this same squad and the younger players, so dont agree with you there
                            Who were these “young” players in midfield again?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                              Yes, but IF we want to give the playoffs a chance we can’t play like that, Its late january and we wont be relegated - why not give it a go?

Comment

Working...
                              X