Horrendous in game management from McClaren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrendous in game management from McClaren

Bringing on Donkey Smith didn’t work at all. Just meant we spent the rest of the game thumping the ball forward aimlessly. Then, when it was obvious that wasn’t working, he left it until 75 minutes before making another sub. Also - why bring on Osayi-Samuel for Pawel? And what is it with leaving subs waiting on the touchline for about 15 minutes before actually bringing them on? The questions go on.

On a a separate note, when is he going to drop Eze? Been abysmal for weeks now. It’s like starting with ten men every match. Total liability.

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post
    Bringing on Donkey Smith didn’t work at all. Just meant we spent the rest of the game thumping the ball forward aimlessly. Then, when it was obvious that wasn’t working, he left it until 75 minutes before making another sub. Also - why bring on Osayi-Samuel for Pawel? And what is it with leaving subs waiting on the touchline for about 15 minutes before actually bringing them on? The questions go on.

On a a separate note, when is he going to drop Eze? Been abysmal for weeks now. It’s like starting with ten men every match. Total liability.
    Eze worth of at least £20m, so needs to start every game.

Comment

Agree God awful day at the office

Comment

Creamed in midfield first half with both Cousins and Scowen overrun. Neither able to create anything. We sooooooo miss Luongo and Cameron. Manning for Cousins and BOS for Eze at HT. Where was Chair? Steve replaces Cousins with Eze? Lol. Eze so deserved to be pulled at half time. Freeman in behind Wells with BOS and Pawel wide. Lump it football thereafter gave Preston a further edge. Pulling Pawel was silly. A like for like change was never going to hack it. Very bad day at the office.

Comment

Agree.. Eze was shocking today - and the problem is when he is not performing - Freeman has to come inside to collect the ball leaving us with absolutely no width on the left, - freeman in the middle and bright or smyth on the wing.

Comment

If Eze is worth £20 million, my dicks a bloater, total passenger today.
            I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
              If Eze is worth £20 million, my dicks a bloater, total passenger today.
              You didn't read the Eze thread then?

Comment

Originally posted by The Godfather View Post

This.

Eze is a passenger most games. Gives absolutely nothing most games.

One good game every 4 or 5 isn't worthy of 90 mins every week.

Watched his every move today for the 85 mins I was there and he did naff all.

About a dozen or so passes backwards and sideways. Zero genuine efforts to actually win a 50/50 ball.
                Just flounces around doing as little as possible in case he gets his hair messed up or god forbid he might get hurt.

He made one attempt to take the ball forward today and lost possession within 3 strides.

10 million,? I would happily sell him for half that and feel we got a good deal.

The ability is clearly there but the effort and actual output is seriously lacking.
                Time to give someone else some game time as he's clearly getting complacent.

Comment

If we got a good offer for Eze I would take it, but we won’t, anyone scouting will see he’s good but very lightweight and don’t influence game enough

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    If we got a good offer for Eze I would take it, but we won’t, anyone scouting will see he’s good but very lightweight and don’t influence game enough
                    swap for "at all"

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

You didn't read the Eze thread then?
                      Sorry Tim I don’t understand your point.

I’ve just got home from a #### 6 hours and £70 worst off, the only bright spot was pie and double mash In Portobello road.
                      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Creamed in midfield first half with both Cousins and Scowen overrun. Neither able to create anything. We sooooooo miss Luongo and Cameron. Manning for Cousins and BOS for Eze at HT. Where was Chair? Steve replaces Cousins with Eze? Lol. Eze so deserved to be pulled at half time. Freeman in behind Wells with BOS and Pawel wide. Lump it football thereafter gave Preston a further edge. Pulling Pawel was silly. A like for like change was never going to hack it. Very bad day at the office.
                        atrocious management today from macca. long ball wasn't working in the 1st half nor was it ever gunna work, we never looked decent but what does he do? brings on smith ffs. was always gunna be a tough game but its a game that i expected us to win! didn't expect such a pathetic toothless display. we were dreadful the whole game

Comment

Also - Not just us - but what exactly is that goal kick tactic supposed to achieve - I remember Brentford this season doggedly trying to stick to it and getting caught out time and time again,...we are not barcelona or man city who can pass their way round the strikers - all we seem to do is give the ball to the opposition midfield and in the mean time play all their strikers on side as we are so deep.

Comment

Scowen should have been hooked after his party trick today as he went back trying to do the same with the next goal kick. We were absolutely woeful today with not one player deserving of any credit. The midfield offer zero creativity and the pack needs shuffling with young Smythe and Bright due a run of games.

Comment

It was probably Cousins and Scowens last match in a QPR-shirt. Imo.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X