On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Oh dear when we are poor we are truly the pits, beaten easily by a basic Preston team who outplayed us for the whole game, although they created very little, got to go down as a pathetic performance.

Steve McClaren got it wrong again today, Scowen and Cousins are just not up to it, all the fans can see it and he sticks with them, why recall Manning and still play Cousins, the HT substitution was right and wrong, right player off but Smith on ???, he offers #### all and we resort to basic hoofball.

Again Lumleys disrubution was poor and predictable, him and Scowen were like a comedy double act for their first, I may stand alone but I’m not his greatest fan.
    No MOTM as it was a collective shambolic performance.
    I hope the manager does not try to gloss over today, he should apologise to the fans and say that sort of performance is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.

Maybe took them to lightly and paid today, also again suffered a team time wasting and rolling on the floor at 4-1 up, we would never resort to these tactics......... would we, maybe today was payback time.
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 19-01-2019, 07:02 PM.

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
    Oh dear when we are poor we are truly the pits, beaten easily by a basic Preston team who outplayed us for the whole game, although they created very little, got to go down as a pathetic performance.

Steve McClaren got it wrong again today, Scowen and Cousins are just not up to it, all the fans can see it and he sticks with them, why recall Manning and still play Cousins, the HT substitution was right and wrong, right player off but Smith on ???, he offers #### all and we resort to basic hoofball.

Again Lumleys disrubution was poor and predictable, him and Scowen were like a comedy double act for their first, I may stand alone but I’m not his greatest fan.
    No MOTM as it was a collective shambolic performance.
    I hope the manager does not try to gloss over today, he should apologise to the fans and say that sort of performance is not acceptable will not be tolerated.

Maybe took them to lightly and paid today, also again suffered a team time wasting and rolling on the floor at 4-1 up, we would never resort to these tactics......... would we, maybe today was payback time.
    Agree with parts. Agree with Cousins and Scowen been saying it since Luongo went. They can’t play together but then I don’t think Mannging is the answer either. Cameron and Luongo are both brilliant on the ball where as Scowen and Cousins are runners.

Sub was odd and weird. If going diamond then bring on Oteh and let him run behind. You don’t need to encourage Lynch to punp it long. The shape both halves were bad and we seem to sit back and let them attack rather than get at them. Great against good teams but the likes of. hull Reading and PNE are happy for a point.

Wont slate Lumley for passing out, Scowen should do better than that turn. I’m not Lumleys biggest fan but I’ll always encourage then to play out. Birdwell and Furlong didn’t attack enough but then we didn’t hold the ball at all.

Comment

I don't understand why we always hoof the ball after kick-off to the right sideline instead of gaining some possession? Small thing but leads us to poor 5-7 first minutes in every game.

Comment

Said recently Luongo is an integral part of our team but he's no more than a decent player ! he's been gone 5 games and counting after arriving back late and out form from international duty in fact he's a liability to any game plans , I couldn't give a shlt about him wanting to play for his country not at our expense , come June we should be looking to off load him for a reasonable offer , how many games has he missed so far ???

Comment

woeful team performance , they pressed and closed us down , we had wells up alone running between their defenders , eze is a passenger he spends most of the game watching it , he does no work off the ball the fella is far to lazy . we need players that are prepared to run themselves into the ground ... today we lacked heart and desire

Comment

Absolutely shocking Performance by all - but is EZE undroppable? He had an absolute mare...he didn't ever look for the ball and when he got it he was easily knocked of it or did a pirouette and passed it back

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
              Absolutely shocking Performance by all - but is EZE undroppable? He had an absolute mare...he didn't ever look for the ball and when he got it he was easily knocked of it or did a pirouette and passed it back
              This.

just another LTC.

In fact he's not that good

Comment

Wrong to dig one out as we were shyte from start to finish to a man.

Comment

just got in myself, shocking, lazy performance. Definitely need a Shaun Derry type player in midfield. We knew Preston would adopt their ugly tactics, but we are so naive we helped them
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    just got in myself, shocking, lazy performance. Definitely need a Shaun Derry type player in midfield. We knew Preston would adopt their ugly tactics, but we are so naive we helped them
                    Did we not have 2 Shaun Derry type midfielders playing today? Admittedly neither are fit to lace Derry's boots, but I don't think another defensively minded midfielder would have helped. What we need is somebody who can pass the ball a bit in the middle. It's been obvious to everyone apart from MacLaren since Luongo farked off on his little jolly.

Not buying all this chat about there being no other options. Give Manning a chance or bring in Chair and have a reshuffle, maybe bring Freeman central.

Astounded MacLaren went with those 2 in central midfield again after last week. Can't work him out as a manager at all. Some weeks her close to walking on water, then you get days like today where he gets everything wrong. He even talked a load of sh*te in the interview after the game. Honestly, today it felt like watching Ollie all over again. Hopefully it's just a blip!

Comment

I have my doubts about Lumley. He looks like an accident waiting to happen and makes me nervous every time I see him.

Comment

Distraction of cup next week, today will give him an excuse to tinker, we have a big following travelling, hope he gets it right.
                        Today was poor, Wigan away next in league, Wigan are always tough and if we put in a performance like today's we have had it, put in a performance like villa or Stoke away and it's happy days again

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Astounded MacLaren went with those 2 in central midfield again after last week.
                          Was genuinely shocked he started with Cousins and Scowens again after last week. I can only assume he's seen things in training to discount giving Manning a go. But surely after the last two defeats he could be no worse? What was equally baffling though was his introduction of Smith at h/t. :(

Comment

Manning has to replace Scowen as we are too deep and too slow when we have the ball with him in the team. Should have been hooked once he tried to repeat his party trick on the edge of the area.

Comment

When is Hall going to play? On the bench but played League Cup games. Dint know why he never played defensive mid today. How much linger does he need?

Comment

Working...
                              X