No announcement yet.

Will we finish higher than last season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we finish higher than last season?

We are now sitting mid table at 13th place with 39 points.

Last season we finished 16th with 56 points.

We are presently 4 points ahead of last seasons position. Will we finish higher than last season or end up with a pretty similar position as under Holloway?

There are seemingly numerous improvements this year, but I think it is most realistic that we will end up only marginally higher than last season. I am happily taking a mid table finish, but given the fact we have prioritized loan players over youth players I think the real progress in terms of points and league table position is more modest than all the positive McClaren posts indicate.

I am very happy with McClaren, despite todays result, but I refuse to accept that he is producing significantly better results than Holloway. The table does not lie.

Poor game and Oslo is back like a Phoenix.

Comment

Very good post Oslo. I don't think many can disagree with any of the points you make. I think we have certainly played some good football at times but we are just as inconsistent as under Holloway. I just don't think the players are good enough. I do think having to play cousins who I've highlighted is no where near the level of a championship player which has clearly effected our form. McLaren isn't a great manager, I think he can improve our younger players but once he comes off the training ground he becomes quite a poor manager which will hold us back.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

We will Finnish above ipswich,hand on heart,ask me mum,
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Ha, ha, Oslo and Weare. Two posters who haven't had one positive post all season.

Comment

1 point more than last season is an improvement in my eyes.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

We are missing some of our best players. Need Luongo, Cameron Rangel in the team. There’s an argument for Hemed too. It’s nit doom and gloom.

Comment

####ing hell here we go. Not any better than last season? Give it a ####ing rest. We’ve got injuries in vital areas. We need mass and Cameron back ASAP. We’re far better and more consistent than last year. Funny how some appear after a bad result isn’t it

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                  We are missing some of our best players. Need Luongo, Cameron Rangel in the team. There’s an argument for Hemed too. It’s nit doom and gloom.
                  this lol. yes we were awful today and not great last week against the second best team in the league but this is on the back of a 6 game unbeaten run which included wins over leeds and middlesbrough! today was a bad day at the office and at the end of it all most of us expected us to be around midtable anyway!

Comment

Yes we will.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

We Are. Were you there today to see the first goal? I think you would have to agree that Scowen is equally poor or worse than Cousins. But then you only dig him out every game and no one else even every single player warranted a 4 or 5 maximum for today.

Comment

Originally posted by QPROslo View Post
                        We are now sitting mid table at 13th place with 39 points.

Last season we finished 16th with 56 points.

We are presently 4 points ahead of last seasons position. Will we finish higher than last season or end up with a pretty similar position as under Holloway?

There are seemingly numerous improvements this year, but I think it is most realistic that we will end up only marginally higher than last season. I am happily taking a mid table finish, but given the fact we have prioritized loan players over youth players I think the real progress in terms of points and league table position is more modest than all the positive McClaren posts indicate.

I am very happy with McClaren, despite todays result, but I refuse to accept that he is producing significantly better results than Holloway. The table does not lie.
                        Very good post oslo, you watch youll get mobbed for pointing this out lol, young #### sorry hits will be on you like a flash

Would much rather us of been playing our youngsters like oteh smyth manning chair etc than any loan players, but we`ll see how things go, cos if we carry on like we are he`ll have to start utilising them more.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          1 point more than last season is an improvement in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                            ####ing hell here we go. Not any better than last season? Give it a ####ing rest. We’ve got injuries in vital areas. We need mass and Cameron back ASAP. We’re far better and more consistent than last year. Funny how some appear after a bad result isn’t it
                            Yep here comes the police lol, if you dont like what oslos said why post, you dont control the board and whats to be put or not, as oslos pointed out interesting facts which some obviously dont like, deal with it dont post

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

this lol. yes we were awful today and not great last week against the second best team in the league but this is on the back of a 6 game unbeaten run which included wins over leeds and middlesbrough! today was a bad day at the office and at the end of it all most of us expected us to be around midtable anyway!
                              Corbs there not our players apart from luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X