Match Thread | QPR 1 PNE 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Dunno what Manning is doing (or not doing) in training, but seems MacLaren doesn't like the look of him!
    My view is manning is pretty average player but he deserves chance in front of Cousins or Scowen. His return has gone as I anticipated!!! Picking splinters up on his ####

Comment

• Originally posted by gator View Post

So why bother recalling him?
      If someone is injured.

Comment

• Back to the drawing board

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson

Bit harsh Westy. He always gives 100% and certainly causes problems for defences. Problem is we change how we play when he comes on and try hit him everytime so very predictable. Not really his fault. He did score today.
          So what if he gives 100% wilo you could pick 10k fans from stands who would give 100% and still not be good enough. I’ve never questioned his effort or character as that’s not in question but this level of football is beyond him and has been for some time. I would dispute he causes teams problems, if I was opposition and saw him on pitch I would take big sigh of relief

Comment

• Smith doesn't suit our system anymore. It's ok to have him for the last 5 minutes, but not before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson

Bit harsh Westy. He always gives 100% and certainly causes problems for defences. Problem is we change how we play when he comes on and try hit him everytime so very predictable. Not really his fault. He did score today.
              Totally agree, at the end of the day smiths a target man striker & when used properly is extremely affective, its the long balls to him from defence which let it down, yet we have players who are fast for the wings and can get good balls in, but smiths a striker who scores goals, if wells goes back on a baron run we could be in trouble & will be if mac doesnt change things up, instead of either play the ball outfrom defence or launch it to furs which has become soo predictable we`re losing the art of passing it around to each other, for me smyth is superb and just what we need to change things up and chairs excellent, along with manning and others, mac needs to start showing proper confidence in them and playing them when things arent working & not on the 83rd min etc, otehs another one who looked superb vs leeds thens not featured again, these needed bringing in when certain players started struggling in my opinion to also add competition.
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post

So what if he gives 100% wilo you could pick 10k fans from stands who would give 100% and still not be good enough. I’ve never questioned his effort or character as that’s not in question but this level of football is beyond him and has been for some time. I would dispute he causes teams problems, if I was opposition and saw him on pitch I would take big sigh of relief
                Totally disagree, hes a striker and got 10 goals last season used effectively with players getting close to him playing off him like all good strikers should, obviously youre not from the days of proper center forwards, a team always needs them, we`ve goto mix it up as what is happening now is we`ve been sussed which tbh isnt hard to do....

Comment

• To get the best out of Smith we need propwr width and crosses.not players who get sucked inside. He is limited but does provide an alternative when we are in trouble. The big problem is we become a much slower team with him playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Reality check.

We just don't have a creative ATM. If we're honest, we haven't since Adel was in his pomp. There's no way we're getting one any time soon either.

It does put in perspective all the play off nonsnense though. There will be days like this, we're still miles ahead of where we were this time last year.
                    13th & as gator pointed out 4 points more than the same time not that ive checked that though, billy bleaches bets not looking so water tight now.

Comment

• I don't get this miles ahead of last year. Performances? Points? Are we being extremely unlucky? Yes we've diced with the playoffs but over a season you tend to finish where you should in terms of ability. We've definitely missed luongo but it just highlights how waffer thin our squad is. Not sure when we are a team with very strict finances we keep a player of cousins ability on the wage bill. Scowen likewise, just shows how poor our scouting is which is an issue that's held us back for years. So I guess we always blame managers but Holloway was and is much better than most give credit for and was extremely unlucky to lose his job
                      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Why was he unlucky to lose his job??

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

13th & as gator pointed out 4 points more than the same time not that ive checked that though, billy bleaches bets not looking so water tight now.
                          Briliant, so finally you want to have a bet.

£50 says we finish higher than we did last term. You stick in £50, winner takes all.

You brought this up again, so no excuses. I look forward to your acceptance.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            I don't get this miles ahead of last year. Performances? Points? Are we being extremely unlucky? Yes we've diced with the playoffs but over a season you tend to finish where you should in terms of ability. We've definitely missed luongo but it just highlights how waffer thin our squad is. Not sure when we are a team with very strict finances we keep a player of cousins ability on the wage bill. Scowen likewise, just shows how poor our scouting is which is an issue that's held us back for years. So I guess we always blame managers but Holloway was and is much better than most give credit for and was extremely unlucky to lose his job
                            If he's as good as you seem to think why isn't he in a job?

I'm very happy to back my opinion with cash and will happily accommodate any Ollie fans, terms and conditions as in the previous post.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Briliant, so finally you want to have a bet.

£50 says we finish higher than we did last term. You stick in £50, winner takes all.

You brought this up again, so no excuses. I look forward to your acceptance.
                              Haha goto laugh, ive brought this up a few times since been back but you ignored me cos it was fashionable

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Haha goto laugh, ive brought this up a few times since been back but you ignored me cos it was fashionable
                                Mate I've been tryiing to take money off you since forever. Will PM so we can get this on.

Comment

Working...
                                X