X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
    Manning did not take his chance with us when it came.Sent off in next to no time. Regardless of what people like to think he was pretty average on loan and that's what he is. Pretty average.
    In your opinion, to me seen enough to know smyth & manning have got that little something different and in my opinion should be getting involved more, said before as not a fan of loans & would always prefer to bring on our own than a loanee, even though these loans have turned out ok, but we have youngsters that are better than given credit for in my opinion. Manning was excellent when he played away to villa last year and just needs game time same as smyth.

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Manning did not take his chance with us when it came.Sent off in next to no time. Regardless of what people like to think he was pretty average on loan and that's what he is. Pretty average.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by THE CAT View Post

100%, really don't see what Cousins brings to the table, apart from fouling consistently as he is caught out of position time after time. He also doesn't create anything or score goals and consistently loses the ball. Chair or Manning ahead of him if Mas and Cameron are still out
    Hard to say where Manning is in the pecking order in my opinion. Despite what many believe, he certainly wasn't starting every game up at Rotherham. I suspect he couldn't be any worse than Cousins was at the weekend though!

Leave a comment:

• THE CAT
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
    scowen playing well atm but would have manning over cousins any day. JN
    100%, really don't see what Cousins brings to the table, apart from fouling consistently as he is caught out of position time after time. He also doesn't create anything or score goals and consistently loses the ball. Chair or Manning ahead of him if Mas and Cameron are still out

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    I like Manning but I would doubt anyone would be put straight into a side that was on an unbeaten run.

Was surprised he didn't feature at all against Leeds but that may suggest fitness levels or getting to grips with the style and formation SM wants to play.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Yep agree, think scowens played attacking midfield before but for me these two are more like two defensive midfielders and hence we`re creating bugger all, and for me all the bigging up ofeze, for me hes not creating and doing enough, even though he seemed to be working harder yesterday, and i also think manning and smyth should be getting involved, another frustrating thing is when we`ve got up the other end we pump high balls into eze and freeman or wells, yet he brings smith on then theres no balls played into smith.
    We have lost 1 game out of our last 7,
    4 games in 3 months.
    Joint 8th in the league.

And you want to bring in manning and Smyth.
    Na thanks, I rather trust Steve Mc's judgment on this.

How is Washington and mackie getting on these days?

#kennelclub
    #fetch
    #olliesboys
    #runsthroughbrickwalls
    #hillofhell

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

All I'm saying is we have options mate. And I've seen enough of the Scowen and Cousins combo to know it aint the answer against most sides in this division.
    No it's not long term that's why I think if Manning doesn't fit what S Mc is looking for a loan might be the answer , I've no doubts young chair has potential but at the moment im not sure it's the right time , sub apps might be the best preparation for him , Bos similar but he has more 1st team experience here and Blackpool , I'm not as sure that we have good enough cover in m/f at the moment

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Come tarby Freeman is doing the biz so why move him we've only saw camio's of chair can he handle a full game ? Bos is not much more , if Manning doesn't get a game next week I could see a loan coming in the scowens cousins pairing isn't reliable , maybe this Italian lad from Brighton could have legs
    All I'm saying is we have options mate. And I've seen enough of the Scowen and Cousins combo to know it aint the answer against most sides in this division.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Plenty of other options mate. Freeman can more than hold his own in the middle. Drop one of Scowen or Cousins, and bring in one BOS or Chair. That set up would offer a lot more in my opinion.
    Come tarby Freeman is doing the biz so why move him we've only saw camio's of chair can he handle a full game ? Bos is not much more , if Manning doesn't get a game next week I could see a loan coming in the scowens cousins pairing isn't reliable , maybe this Italian lad from Brighton could have legs

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

Absolutely this. Maybe macs persevering with scowen and cousins because he’s got no other choice. If manning had come back all fired up and tearing up trees in training maybe he’d get his chance. Same applies to smyth. Effort equals reward and I don’t buy this whole maccas got his favourites thing. Rotherham fans we’rent over impressed with him in the end. Made a bright start but that’s about it. Time for these men to pull up their socks and graft, force your way into the team.
    Plenty of other options mate. Freeman can more than hold his own in the middle. Drop one of Scowen or Cousins, and bring in one BOS or Chair. That set up would offer a lot more in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    I have to trust SM on this one, he usually has the team very organized, that doesn't happen overnight, you have to train hard on this and although Cousins and Scowen were not the 1st choice DM pairing surely they have spent hours in training in this role! Manning hasn't been back all that long, I'm sure he is being trained to step into one of those spots if needed, I just don't buy that SM doesn't rate him, many assume he would be better than Cousins or Scowen, which may eventually be the case, I think we will see him playing soon if he has trained well!

Leave a comment:

• jamesnutt
    replied
    scowen playing well atm but would have manning over cousins any day. JN

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Could be they both want to play the same game Westy ??
    Yep agree, think scowens played attacking midfield before but for me these two are more like two defensive midfielders and hence we`re creating bugger all, and for me all the bigging up ofeze, for me hes not creating and doing enough, even though he seemed to be working harder yesterday, and i also think manning and smyth should be getting involved, another frustrating thing is when we`ve got up the other end we pump high balls into eze and freeman or wells, yet he brings smith on then theres no balls played into smith.

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Manning might simply not be up to it despite so many Fans wanting him to succeed and rating him

cant work out Scowen and Cousins as good one week shocking the next. Appears to be no consistency between them
    Could be they both want to play the same game Westy ??

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Manning might simply not be up to it despite so many Fans wanting him to succeed and rating him

cant work out Scowen and Cousins as good one week shocking the next. Appears to be no consistency between them

Leave a comment:

Working...
X