Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Yep agree, think scowens played attacking midfield before but for me these two are more like two defensive midfielders and hence we`re creating bugger all, and for me all the bigging up ofeze, for me hes not creating and doing enough, even though he seemed to be working harder yesterday, and i also think manning and smyth should be getting involved, another frustrating thing is when we`ve got up the other end we pump high balls into eze and freeman or wells, yet he brings smith on then theres no balls played into smith.
    We have lost 1 game out of our last 7,
    4 games in 3 months.
    Joint 8th in the league.

And you want to bring in manning and Smyth.
    Na thanks, I rather trust Steve Mc's judgment on this.

How is Washington and mackie getting on these days?

#kennelclub
    #fetch
    #olliesboys
    #runsthroughbrickwalls
    #hillofhell
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I like Manning but I would doubt anyone would be put straight into a side that was on an unbeaten run.

Was surprised he didn't feature at all against Leeds but that may suggest fitness levels or getting to grips with the style and formation SM wants to play.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
        scowen playing well atm but would have manning over cousins any day. JN
        100%, really don't see what Cousins brings to the table, apart from fouling consistently as he is caught out of position time after time. He also doesn't create anything or score goals and consistently loses the ball. Chair or Manning ahead of him if Mas and Cameron are still out

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post

100%, really don't see what Cousins brings to the table, apart from fouling consistently as he is caught out of position time after time. He also doesn't create anything or score goals and consistently loses the ball. Chair or Manning ahead of him if Mas and Cameron are still out
          Hard to say where Manning is in the pecking order in my opinion. Despite what many believe, he certainly wasn't starting every game up at Rotherham. I suspect he couldn't be any worse than Cousins was at the weekend though!

Comment

Manning did not take his chance with us when it came.Sent off in next to no time. Regardless of what people like to think he was pretty average on loan and that's what he is. Pretty average.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              Manning did not take his chance with us when it came.Sent off in next to no time. Regardless of what people like to think he was pretty average on loan and that's what he is. Pretty average.
              In your opinion, to me seen enough to know smyth & manning have got that little something different and in my opinion should be getting involved more, said before as not a fan of loans & would always prefer to bring on our own than a loanee, even though these loans have turned out ok, but we have youngsters that are better than given credit for in my opinion. Manning was excellent when he played away to villa last year and just needs game time same as smyth.
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Last edited by Brian Wilson; 08-03-2019, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

Cousins has improved a bit this year (Contract coming to an end ) but needs to do a lot in the next few month for even a years extension IMO. Would like to see Manning alternate with Scowen and Cousins.
                  Making unnecessary changes there Brian nothing like a settled side , that's what we had untill injuries let scowens back and gave cousins a chance as well as ausie Joe's jaunt to the middle East

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Making unnecessary changes there Brian nothing like a settled side , that's what we had untill injuries let scowens back and gave cousins a chance as well as ausie Joe's jaunt to the middle East
                    Need Mas back mate. We've really missed him the last few weeks, in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Need Mas back mate. We've really missed him the last few weeks, in my opinion!
                      Yep your'e right he's been a miss but these long jaunts are upsetting I don't see why he couldn't have finished the Christmas program and left on the 27th Dec ,
                      imo we should get shot of him in June he was late back and out of form at the start of the season then 10 weeks later he's of again , yeah he's the best we've got for his position but in reality he's not ireplacable or that great to be given a couple of months out of our season as a debt ridden championship side , it's a luxury we can't afford

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Yep your'e right he's been a miss but these long jaunts are upsetting I don't see why he couldn't have finished the Christmas program and left on the 27th Dec ,
                        imo we should get shot of him in June he was late back and out of form at the start of the season then 10 weeks later he's of again , yeah he's the best we've got for his position but in reality he's not ireplacable or that great to be given a couple of months out of our season as a debt ridden championship side , it's a luxury we can't afford
                        I think it holds some of these guys back from getting a big move. Same deal with the African players disappearing to the African Cup of Nations. No team wants to lose a key player for 4 to 6 weeks mid season.

Comment

I think it holds some of these guys back from getting a big move. Same deal with the African players disappearing to the African Cup of Nations. No team wants to lose a key player for 4 to 6 weeks mid season.
                          Well it has be realistic that interested clubs must have put off him with his early exit to join the Oz squad and his prolonged absence while bench warming

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            In your opinion, to me seen enough to know smyth & manning have got that little something different and in my opinion should be getting involved more, said before as not a fan of loans & would always prefer to bring on our own than a loanee, even though these loans have turned out ok, but we have youngsters that are better than given credit for in my opinion. Manning was excellent when he played away to villa last year and just needs game time same as smyth.
                            Bang on. Manning and Smyth are more than capable at this level from the appearances I've seen. Should at least be making the bench.

The one I can't work out is Sean Goss. Seems to have had decent games at U23 everytime I've seen a report (scores or assists) but is seemingly a million miles off being in the squad. Can't see he's got a future here personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Bang on. Manning and Smyth are more than capable at this level from the appearances I've seen. Should at least be making the bench.

The one I can't work out is Sean Goss. Seems to have had decent games at U23 everytime I've seen a report (scores or assists) but is seemingly a million miles off being in the squad. Can't see he's got a future here personally.
                              Gotta be attitude hasn't it?

I've got a few family ties to Glasgow Rangers. Feedback from his stint up there was very mixed to say the least. Apparently looked top drawer one week, then would not show up the next.

Needs jogging on in my opinion. Came with much fanfare (and no doubt a hefty wage for a kid with no real experience), but has produced nothing and has been overlooked by 2 managers in a row.

On paper, he should really be the guy to come in as cover for Mas. The fact MacLaren has gone with Scowen instead speaks volumes!

Comment

Gotta be attitude hasn't it?

I've got a few family ties to Glasgow Rangers. Feedback from his stint up there was very mixed to say the least. Apparently looked top drawer one week, then would not show up the next.

Needs jogging on in my opinion. Came with much fanfare (and no doubt a hefty wage for a kid with no real experience), but has produced nothing and has been overlooked by 2 managers in a row.

On paper, he should really be the guy to come in as cover for Mas. The fact MacLaren has gone with Scowen instead speaks volumes!
                                Tbh from very little seen of him and hearing about him he doesnt come across as the same type of player like mas, dont think hes the type with the same engine as mas, comes across as the type to spread passes about simular to carrick who that had likened him to, also doesnt strike me as a defensive tackler type but could be wrong, but just maybe doesnt suit our style of play just like he didnt under ollie.

But agree about his attitude cos he shot his bolt cos he'd had a couple of good games be it against poor opposition, but he thought he was the next big thing with his comments which tbh in the end has backfired on him.
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X