Manning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning

We've already played three games since Ryan Mannings returned from his loan spell with Rotherham. Yet, he is still waiting to play some minutes for the first team. With Cameroon and Luongo out of the team, there must be some space for Ryan. He did well during his loan spell and coming on as a sub could have helped today. I trust SM judgement, however, I hope Manning will not end up like Smyth, who I believe has been giving the cold shoulder by the boss.

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    We've already played three games since Ryan Mannings returned from his loan spell with Rotherham. Yet, he is still waiting to play some minutes for the first team. With Cameroon and Luongo out of the team, there must be some space for Ryan. He did well during his loan spell and coming on as a sub could have helped today. I trust SM judgement, however, I hope Manning will not end up like Smyth, who I believe has been giving the cold shoulder by the boss.
    Once Cameroon are in the team there will be little space for anybody!

Comment

I'd be fuming if I was Manning to be honest. Recalled to play 2nd fiddle to Cousins and Scowen? You'd be ok if it was Mas and Cameron, but those 2 yesterday really ain't the best.

I like Steve MacLaren a lot, but I can't understand why he's persevering with that pairing. That's twice now they come up well short in my opinion!

Comment

If he doesn't get any game time on Saturday he'll be on his way ! He clearly hasn't done anything for S Mc to think he can add much to the team , if he gets a chance he's got to make an impact or look elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          If he doesn't get any game time on Saturday he'll be on his way ! He clearly hasn't done anything for S Mc to think he can add much to the team , if he gets a chance he's got to make an impact or look elsewhere
          Absolutely this. Maybe macs persevering with scowen and cousins because he’s got no other choice. If manning had come back all fired up and tearing up trees in training maybe he’d get his chance. Same applies to smyth. Effort equals reward and I don’t buy this whole maccas got his favourites thing. Rotherham fans we’rent over impressed with him in the end. Made a bright start but that’s about it. Time for these men to pull up their socks and graft, force your way into the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

Absolutely this. Maybe macs persevering with scowen and cousins because he’s got no other choice. If manning had come back all fired up and tearing up trees in training maybe he’d get his chance. Same applies to smyth. Effort equals reward and I don’t buy this whole maccas got his favourites thing. Rotherham fans we’rent over impressed with him in the end. Made a bright start but that’s about it. Time for these men to pull up their socks and graft, force your way into the team.
            S Mc is too professional to ignore ability , Smythe has far more natural ability than Manning but it certainly has to have effort there is an obvious rift between Smythe and the manager therefore the players have to work for and with the manager or regrettably it's the players that have to move on

Comment

Manning might simply not be up to it despite so many Fans wanting him to succeed and rating him

cant work out Scowen and Cousins as good one week shocking the next. Appears to be no consistency between them

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Manning might simply not be up to it despite so many Fans wanting him to succeed and rating him

cant work out Scowen and Cousins as good one week shocking the next. Appears to be no consistency between them
                Could be they both want to play the same game Westy ??

Comment

Could be they both want to play the same game Westy ??
                  Yep agree, think scowens played attacking midfield before but for me these two are more like two defensive midfielders and hence we`re creating bugger all, and for me all the bigging up ofeze, for me hes not creating and doing enough, even though he seemed to be working harder yesterday, and i also think manning and smyth should be getting involved, another frustrating thing is when we`ve got up the other end we pump high balls into eze and freeman or wells, yet he brings smith on then theres no balls played into smith.
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

scowen playing well atm but would have manning over cousins any day. JN

Comment

I have to trust SM on this one, he usually has the team very organized, that doesn't happen overnight, you have to train hard on this and although Cousins and Scowen were not the 1st choice DM pairing surely they have spent hours in training in this role! Manning hasn't been back all that long, I'm sure he is being trained to step into one of those spots if needed, I just don't buy that SM doesn't rate him, many assume he would be better than Cousins or Scowen, which may eventually be the case, I think we will see him playing soon if he has trained well!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

Plenty of other options mate. Freeman can more than hold his own in the middle. Drop one of Scowen or Cousins, and bring in one BOS or Chair. That set up would offer a lot more in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Plenty of other options mate. Freeman can more than hold his own in the middle. Drop one of Scowen or Cousins, and bring in one BOS or Chair. That set up would offer a lot more in my opinion.
                          Come tarby Freeman is doing the biz so why move him we've only saw camio's of chair can he handle a full game ? Bos is not much more , if Manning doesn't get a game next week I could see a loan coming in the scowens cousins pairing isn't reliable , maybe this Italian lad from Brighton could have legs

Comment

Come tarby Freeman is doing the biz so why move him we've only saw camio's of chair can he handle a full game ? Bos is not much more , if Manning doesn't get a game next week I could see a loan coming in the scowens cousins pairing isn't reliable , maybe this Italian lad from Brighton could have legs
                            All I'm saying is we have options mate. And I've seen enough of the Scowen and Cousins combo to know it aint the answer against most sides in this division.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

All I'm saying is we have options mate. And I've seen enough of the Scowen and Cousins combo to know it aint the answer against most sides in this division.
                              No it's not long term that's why I think if Manning doesn't fit what S Mc is looking for a loan might be the answer , I've no doubts young chair has potential but at the moment im not sure it's the right time , sub apps might be the best preparation for him , Bos similar but he has more 1st team experience here and Blackpool , I'm not as sure that we have good enough cover in m/f at the moment

Comment

Working...
                              X