• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginger Ninja
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Lesson from today is for the fans.

We will lose games.
    Yes, it's gutting but, we lost 1-0 away from home to the second best team in the league.

We are in a very good place and with only losing 1 game in our last 7, there is plenty to be happy about.

After 3 years of utter shyte, we have now a club to be proud of.

You r'ssssssss
    Literally couldn't agree more. Top post Hits.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    The issues for me were the lack of creativity, and a lack of threat up top. Wells had the worst game he's had in a QPR shirt (as far as I can remember), and that central midfield 2 aren't good enough to select against a decent side like Sheff Utd.
    Definitely not convinced by this Scowen / Cousins partnership. Yesterday brought home how much Cameron and Luongo are now being missed.

As for Wells, his supply line was virtually nullified the entire game, so he was pretty much isolated. Plus as I said in the other thread:

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    His game wasn't helped by the fact he was getting lumps kicked out of him for most of the game. Sheff Utd clearly targeted him and Eze (supply source) for special treatment.

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    I'm not in the slightest bit concerned, mainly because I have absolutely no illusions about play offs and associated nonsense. We simply aren't good enough, but we're hugely improved vs this time last year.
    Agree with that. I reckon though we'll be play off contenders for the rest of the season but never quite deliver. Whenever we get close we'll falter and drop back again. Its the Rangers way, but we are miles better this season than for many years.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Bad day at the office and in recent months they have been rare so a little bit of slack should be given as this team have done great especially when you consider the players that are not available

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

What annoys me Shania - and this isn't sour grapes because I expected a tonking today - is that we never learn. Wells and Eze got whacked every time they went near the ball. There was just enough ball involved for the opponent to escape a booking or it was made to look like a bit of a two way bundle for the ball. Then, for example, Cousins upends a player miles from goal, no threat, going nowhere and gets himself booked so he can't then knock someone over later in the game who needs to come down. We get knocked off the ball too easily. We're not Man City, passing teams to death, so we have to mix it. Great to watch pure football but Leeds and Sheff Utd are where they are because they play a tough game not because they are particularly good. Not sure I've seen a really good team this season that I'd pay to watch if I wasn't QPR.
    , I think I know what you mean. And I would actually like us to buy a few players with great physical strenght before next season`s campaign. Not sure who; but today Duffy and McGoldrick impressed me immensly. The ran rings around us at times. Another thing Is how poor we are when we miss the easiest of passes. Hemed, Rangel and Cameron are also like I stated before sorely misses as all three of them are excellent at using their strength and routine when needed...
    Last edited by Shania; 13-01-2019, 07:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wortonranger
    replied

What annoys me Shania - and this isn't sour grapes because I expected a tonking today - is that we never learn. Wells and Eze got whacked every time they went near the ball. There was just enough ball involved for the opponent to escape a booking or it was made to look like a bit of a two way bundle for the ball. Then, for example, Cousins upends a player miles from goal, no threat, going nowhere and gets himself booked so he can't then knock someone over later in the game who needs to come down. We get knocked off the ball too easily. We're not Man City, passing teams to death, so we have to mix it. Great to watch pure football but Leeds and Sheff Utd are where they are because they play a tough game not because they are particularly good. Not sure I've seen a really good team this season that I'd pay to watch if I wasn't QPR.
    Very sensible observation. Thought the game proved how close we are to being proper contenders - next season could be very interesting, but this one’s all about the cup I reckon.

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Originally posted by Shania View Post
    I think Alanwycombe`s real intention here was to suggest how we can( or should) improve our squad during the summer, with regards to next year`s potential push for a play-off spot.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    We aren't tough or robust enough. When we do put ourselves about we aren't very good at it and get bookings for really lame fouls. At least take someone down properly if you are going in the book. Sheffield at the top and another team that look nothing like decent enough.
    And try to attack leading to maybe scoring a goal, today was rubbish as far as attacking wise & something thats a worry that we create hardly anything, but a good job our defence is solid.

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    I think Alanwycombe`s real intention here was to suggest how we can( or should) improve our squad during the summer, with regards to next year`s potential push for a play-off spot.

Leave a comment:

• gator
    replied
    Wells has been playing with a leg injury hence why he was rested in the Cup match, he took a few knocks today as well, maybe he should have been subbed off, it's a tough call though because a player like that can come out of nowhere with a moment of quality, I thought he should have been subbed after he got stomped on!

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    I'm not in the slightest bit concerned, mainly because I have absolutely no illusions about play offs and associated nonsense. We simply aren't good enough, but we're hugely improved vs this time last year.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    I thought we battled alright today mate. The issues for me were the lack of creativity, and a lack of threat up top. Wells had the worst game he's had in a QPR shirt (as far as I can remember), and that central midfield 2 aren't good enough to select against a decent side like Sheff Utd. I also think the gaffer got the subs wrong today. After Oteh's performance last week, I'd have probably found a way to get him on at half time.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Lesson from today is for the fans.

We will lose games.
    Yes, it's gutting but, we lost 1-0 away from home to the second best team in the league.

We are in a very good place and with only losing 1 game in our last 7, there is plenty to be happy about.

After 3 years of utter shyte, we have now a club to be proud of.

You r'ssssssss

Leave a comment:

• Shania
    replied
    Cameron and Hemed in form are sorely missed atm. Luongo also.

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    started a topic Big lesson from today

Big lesson from today

We aren't tough or robust enough. When we do put ourselves about we aren't very good at it and get bookings for really lame fouls. At least take someone down properly if you are going in the book. Sheffield at the top and another team that look nothing like decent enough.
Working...
X