No announcement yet.

Big lesson from today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we only lose 1-0 away whilst playing badly is not too bad a result There is a reason this Ref was once relegated to Div 1 and 2 games and he showed it today

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

but a good job our defence is solid.
      Unlike last term....

Comment

Dont forget they thumped Derby 3-1 then Blackburn 3-0 then Wigan 3-0 . They managed a single goal against us. Not worried at all. Watch out Preston !!

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          I'm not in the slightest bit concerned, mainly because I have absolutely no illusions about play offs and associated nonsense. We simply aren't good enough, but we're hugely improved vs this time last year.
          I agree with both you and Hitman. I was expecting a season where QPR would be hovering between 7th and 14th in the table, with a top half finish. This is exactly what we are getting. The squad, on paper, is not good enough to win promotion or get into the play offs, but then neither was Huddersfield's So if they do get in the play offs I'd be chuffed, but I am not expecting it to happen and will not get upset by a narrow loss every so often

Comment

It's not a great incentive for a Manager to get promoted when they usually land up getting sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              It's not a great incentive for a Manager to get promoted when they usually land up getting sacked.
              As well as a fair number getting sacked for NOT getting promoted...

Comment

True, but the way sacked managers often get their contracts paid up after a job it is hard to feel too much sympathy for them.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

True, but the way sacked managers often get their contracts paid up after a job it is hard to feel too much sympathy for them.
                  Money ain't everything though, is it?

For me, I can't help but feel sorry for managers that take a side up , get given little financial backing then end up sacked. Take Wagner for example. Worked minor miracles getting Huddersfield promoted, then worked another miracle keeping them up on a shoestring. A year later, he's still not been given money to spend, and inevitably they are struggling. He's paid the price, they'll bring in someone new and will most likely still go down. Really he should have been given the chance to try and get them back up again next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

For me, I can't help but feel sorry for managers that take a side up , get given little financial backing then end up sacked. Take Wagner for example. Worked minor miracles getting Huddersfield promoted, then worked another miracle keeping them up on a shoestring. A year later, he's still not been given money to spend, and inevitably they are struggling. He's paid the price, they'll bring in someone new and will most likely still go down. Really he should have been given the chance to try and get them back up again next season.
                    Yes I agree.
                    We have only really seen that with Sean Dyche haven't we?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Yes I agree.
                      We have only really seen that with Sean Dyche haven't we?
                      Pretty much mate.

I think money is the problem. There is such a gulf in revenues between the top flight and the 2nd tier. Chairman feel obliged to make a change if it looks like they are at risk of going down. Unfortunately its not often it makes much difference to the eventual outcome!

Comment

Wagner wasn't sacked though. In addition, he said he wanted a break from the pressure of football management.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Wagner wasn't sacked though. In addition, he said he wanted a break from the pressure of football management.
                          Left by mutual consent when his side were 8 points adrift at the bottom? May not have been announced publicly as a sacking, but it's basically the same thing isn't it?

Comment

Wagner was sacked for sure, no matter what the spins says.

Dyche is very organised, which you need to be to survive at that level without serious investment.

Comment

I agree about Wagner, and i wasn't aiming him in my comment, but more the likes of Mourinho, Allardyce, Moyes and lots of others who get sacked and paid off with 2 -3 years pay.

Comment

Offset by the fact they've chalked up a promotion on their CV?....

Comment

Working...
                                X