£10 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    I can’t work out if Eze is quick or slow. Don’t think I’ve ever seen him open up and just sprint with or without the ball
    I don't think there is any physical reason why he appears slower or less mobile than any of our other offensive players. Physicality may have been an issue a year back, but he seems big and strong enough now, at least to look at him.

I think it's all mental. He wants to play that free role and drift in and out of games. Tracking back and chasing players down doesn't seem to be something he feels he needs to do too often.

Personally I think it needs to be coached out of him. If he was delivering the goods 4 games out of 5 like Adel a few years back you could forgive it. But his off days are more frequent than the games where he pops up with a goal or an assist. And if he contributes nothing offensively, this means he literally contributes nothing!

Said it a few times, but Eze really reminds me of Ravel Morrison.........and that isn't a good thing!

Comment

He's playing exactly the way S Mc wants him to otherwise he wouldn't have started every game !! I'm not going to bring his age into it again but keep an open eye on that , imo he's become whipping boy with punters wanting to dig him out is because they recognise that he is a good player and expect more ,I don't want to him chasing back like some m/f foot soldier we should have them doing that I want to see him in the attacking half of the field where their defenders have keep their attentions on him , I do though think Pompey is good time to give the lad a rest ,
      Btw how well do his critics think Wells cousins scowens Woz the defenders Smith and the rest played in fairness the ex show pony greedy play fore his self tried but was dragged down to the level of the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I don't think there is any physical reason why he appears slower or less mobile than any of our other offensive players. Physicality may have been an issue a year back, but he seems big and strong enough now, at least to look at him.

I think it's all mental. He wants to play that free role and drift in and out of games. Tracking back and chasing players down doesn't seem to be something he feels he needs to do too often.

Personally I think it needs to be coached out of him. If he was delivering the goods 4 games out of 5 like Adel a few years back you could forgive it. But his off days are more frequent than the games where he pops up with a goal or an assist. And if he contributes nothing offensively, this means he literally contributes nothing!

Said it a few times, but Eze really reminds me of Ravel Morrison.........and that isn't a good thing!
        Have to say I agree with the Morrison comparison. Whilst it’s a poor show for any of our fans to barrack our players, as that guarantees things getting worse, watching the game yesterday ( from Denmark), I understood it. I’m not sure what sort of team best suits Eze, but I don’t think it’s us. That being the case, we should take whatever we can for him this window. A talented player but, I fear, hasn’t got the passion needed to move to the next level.

Comment

The boy is work in progress and if a 10 million offer comes in I would take it with a huge sell on fee. Maddison last season and Bowen this season will go for more as they affect games more consistently.

Comment

Working...
          X