£10 million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Not sure I buy that mate. 20 years old, and started less than 50 first team matches? This lad has got bags of improvement in him if his career is managed properly!
    init this Timmy don is having a mare needs to lower his cholesterol intake still .JN

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

Big call that especially when you consider Freeman was playing for Stevenage when he was 20

And as for improving, this time last year Holloway rated Washington as a better player than Eze by picking him instead

What is it about Eze that makes you think it's fair to compare him with Hoilett and Bolasie..? As in what are the similarities you base that on? And what is different about Freeman?

All I can think of is skin colour which of course isn’t what you base it on. So interested what you are basing it on?
      wouldn't put it past hm . JN

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post

wait... i'm confused - did you read this or did you read somewhere that you read this?
        Was more of a point that 'reports' mean f00k all, but I did 'reportedly' read this.

Comment

Originally posted by Undecided View Post

Or is that

He's worth 100% more than £10 million?
          He is 100% worth more than £10m IMO..

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

He is 100% worth more than £10m IMO..
            I understand this opinion. Worse prospects have moved for far more in the current market. But a player's value basically comes down to 2 things.

1.) How much a prospective buyer values the player.
            2.) How hard the club wants (or is able) to fight to keep the player.

I'd hazard a guess if a 10m quid offer came in (and I mean 10m paid in a lump, not based on appearances etc.), then he'd be sold. I don't think we can afford to knock back that kind of offer in our current predicament.

Comment

I understand this opinion. Worse prospects have moved for far more in the current market. But a player's value basically comes down to 2 things.

1.) How much a prospective buyer values the player.
              2.) How hard the club wants (or is able) to fight to keep the player.

I'd hazard a guess if a 10m quid offer came in (and I mean 10m paid in a lump, not based on appearances etc.), then he'd be sold. I don't think we can afford to knock back that kind of offer in our current predicament.
              Don't doubt what you're saying, but in today's market I couldnt justify saying to you what you've just said. End of the day, if we dont get £10million for him then we've been mugged off massively in this market.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Don't doubt what you're saying, but in today's market I couldnt justify saying to you what you've just said. End of the day, if we dont get £10million for him then we've been mugged off massively in this market.
                I think as fans we have a habit of letting our hearts rule our heads on this type of thing.

In the cold light of day, this is a kid with tremendous ability, but only 50 or 60 appearances under his belt. We also only have to go back 2 and half years to when Millwall let him go cos they didn't think he'd make it. I think he has the potential to go right to the very top. But equally he's at a stage of his career where nothing is a given. In the past we've been guilty of knocking back offers for players thinking what was on the table wasn't good enough (Charlie Austin being the most obvious recent one), then regretting it a few months later.

Just to use an absolute worse case scenario, how would we feel as fans if 10m quid was on the table this window, we knocked it back and then Eze got injured badly in the 2nd half of the season and never came back to where he was? In fact, it wouldn't even need to be an injury, what if he simply lost form? Or even more likely than that, what if he got his head turned, started to believe the hype and forced a move on his own terms in the next window?

I think the above will be the mindset of Lee Hoos in particular, and probably the majority of the board. Given our current predicament, could we afford to knock back this type of offer in the hope that Eze's stock will continue to rise? It's no exaggeration to say that 10m quid would be an absolute game changer for the club at the moment.

I will add that I hope I'm wrong. I hope Eze stays here many years, continues to develop, helps us get back to the Prem and eventually leaves for a damn sight more than 10m quid.

Comment

I think as fans we have a habit of letting our hearts rule our heads on this type of thing.

In the cold light of day, this is a kid with tremendous ability, but only 50 or 60 appearances under his belt. We also only have to go back 2 and half years to when Millwall let him go cos they didn't think he'd make it. I think he has the potential to go right to the very top. But equally he's at a stage of his career where nothing is a given. In the past we've been guilty of knocking back offers for players thinking what was on the table wasn't good enough (Charlie Austin being the most obvious recent one), then regretting it a few months later.

Just to use an absolute worse case scenario, how would we feel as fans if 10m quid was on the table this window, we knocked it back and then Eze got injured badly in the 2nd half of the season and never came back to where he was? In fact, it wouldn't even need to be an injury, what if he simply lost form? Or even more likely than that, what if he got his head turned, started to believe the hype and forced a move on his own terms in the next window?

I think the above will be the mindset of Lee Hoos in particular, and probably the majority of the board. Given our current predicament, could we afford to knock back this type of offer in the hope that Eze's stock will continue to rise? It's no exaggeration to say that 10m quid would be an absolute game changer for the club at the moment.

I will add that I hope I'm wrong. I hope Eze stays here many years, continues to develop, helps us get back to the Prem and eventually leaves for a damn sight more than 10m quid.
                  Again, I totally agree with you.

I'll try again. 'Fans', 'Current Market', 'Football sales of late' will mean that we believe that £10 million isn't a true value.

Comment

This is where sell-on fees come into play. Sell him now based on his current ability, with sell-on clause in case he develops and attracts a high transfer fee in the future. I realise it doesn't always work out though.

We did that with Raheem, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                      This is where sell-on fees come into play. Sell him now based on his current ability, with sell-on clause in case he develops and attracts a high transfer fee in the future. I realise it doesn't always work out though.

We did that with Raheem, yes?
                      Totally agree mate. 10m quid with a decent sell on clause would be good business for everyone in my opinion.

Comment

£10m ? That's about half a Luke Freeman....

Comment

You lot still think he's worth more than £10m?

Comment

First game of season at Preston I said he was lazy and needed to work harder and most this board jumped on me saying I’m trying to take the flair out of him.

If he worked hard but had off day hes still worth place in the team but when you have off day but are plain lazy too you got nowhere to hide

effort and working hard is the bare minimum we should expect from a professional footballer and the amount of ability you have dont mean you work less hard then others

We failed Adel not addressing his short comings and insisting on him doing the basics and we’re once again failing Eze as from what I can see no one has got a grip of him and said 1/ that’s not good enough 2/ your not putting in enough effort

hurts to say this but if we got a decent offer he can go, think chair is equally as good with better work ethic

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              You lot still think he's worth more than £10m?
                              Yes I do Tim ! No good digging out the players and the manager that has served us well this season we have a paper thin squad quality wise and as the season progresses it catches up with injuries and absentees ,
                              agree today was upsetting but 20 year olds need help when it gets tough , cousins is a dog of a player scowens is better but he's only a supporting player those 2 equal nil creativity ,
                              Posters wouldn't agree earlier that cousins is just not good he was getting by when the squad stronger now we are missing the players we'd had earlier he's exposed

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                First game of season at Preston I said he was lazy and needed to work harder and most this board jumped on me saying I’m trying to take the flair out of him.

If he worked hard but had off day hes still worth place in the team but when you have off day but are plain lazy too you got nowhere to hide

effort and working hard is the bare minimum we should expect from a professional footballer and the amount of ability you have dont mean you work less hard then others

We failed Adel not addressing his short comings and insisting on him doing the basics and we’re once again failing Eze as from what I can see no one has got a grip of him and said 1/ that’s not good enough 2/ your not putting in enough effort

hurts to say this but if we got a decent offer he can go, think chair is equally as good with better work ethic
                                eze needs to get talent is only any good if hard work goes with it .... the kid needs a firework up his 'arris

Comment

Working...
                                X