Palestine v Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

They didn't take Mooy? Bit of a strange one that, I know Huddersfield have had a terrible season but I'd have thought Mooy would've been a definite.
    Mooy is injured

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post

Mooy is injured
      Ah fair enough, cheers Knocker
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post

73 mins
        73, 90, same thing
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Oh well. Hopefully Syria can turn them over on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post

73, 90, same thing
            Sane, same... but different
            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
              Is it his choice to go? Huddersfield's Mooy is Australian isn't he? And the Cardiff keeper? They are still here and would surely be in the first team.
              Son of Spurs flies out after tomorrow's Spurs match to play for South Korea...clearly wasn't needed for the group stages...more essential for the knock out rounds.

Comment

MASSIMO Luongo won’t be returning to QPR just yet after a stoppage-time winner sealed Australia’s place in the last 16 of the Asian Cup on Tuesday.

Luongo returned to the Socceroos starting XI for their crucial final group game with Syria in Al Ain, where Tom Rogic’s 93rd-minute effort clinched a 3-2 win.

Australia looked like having to share the points after Syrian goals from Omar Khribin and Omar Al Somah (pen) had cancelled out strikes from Awer Mabil and Chris Ikonomidis. But Jogic’s last-gasp heroics sealed the defending champions’ progression.

Victory means Australia finish second in Group B behind Jordan and must now wait to see who they’ll face in the next round.

Comment

Oh bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post
                    I don’t know why he bothers he didn’t get a minute in the World Cup and gets 15 mins v Palestine . Is that really worth flying half way round the world for , they clearly don’t rate him.
                    You think he'd focus on his club career rather warming the bench for a 2nd rate international side, wouldn't you?

Said it on another thread, I'm sure it's holding his career back!

Comment

It's difficult for him though as he must think it is a real honour to play for his country. Plus if he says no to his country he will likely be slagged off back home.
                      "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
                        It's difficult for him though as he must think it is a real honour to play for his country. Plus if he says no to his country he will likely be slagged off back home.
                        Does anyone in Australia actually care about football? It's like 5th or 6th in the pecking order in national sports over there.

It's a bit like saying we'd #### off a hockey player for not wanting to play for the national side.
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 16-01-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Does anyone is Australia actually care about football? It's like 5th or 6th in the pecking order in national sports over there.

It's a bit like saying we'd #### off a hockey player for not wanting to play for the national side.
                          To be fair, I bet there would be a load of abuse on twitter for that, whether people actually cared or not.
                          "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                            Is it his choice to go? Huddersfield's Mooy is Australian isn't he? And the Cardiff keeper? They are still here and would surely be in the first team.
                            The Cardiff keeper Etheridge is Filipino. Their Manager, the mighty Sven ( yes that one) didn't name him in the squad leaving him free to play for Cardiff

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Said it on another thread, I'm sure it's holding his career back!
                              Even if a winners medal might be the only silverware he'll get all career ?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Even if a winners medal might be the only silverware he'll get all career ?
                                1.) I very much doubt Australia will win the tournament.
                                2.) If Mas holds an Asia Cup winners medal in higher esteem than a season (or more) in the Premiership, or a day out at Wembley in the play-off final, that probably gives you a decent indication as to why he's still playing Championship football at 26 years of age.

Ain't knocking Mas by the way. Ain't for me to say how anyone else decides their priorities in life. I'm just saying that if I was a player with his ability, I'd be more focused on playing a few seasons of top flight football than turning out for a 2nd rate national side.

Comment

Working...
                                X