Palace Want Eze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stainrod View Post

Same could be said about , Stan , adel ,etc.but I’d rather watch those kind of players than ones that run all day but have no ability .
    Exactly. You always get the complete silence from them when he pulls something off from out of nowhere.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Same could be said about , Stan , adel ,etc.but I’d rather watch those kind of players than ones that run all day but have no ability .
      Doesn't bother me that Eze looks a little lazy at times. As you say, he's that type of player, and he's definitely not in the team for his work rate.

I do think he needs to learn how to impose himself on a game a little bit better though. He has a habit of drifting in and out of games, and on a bad day you can barely notice he's on the pitch. Reminds me a bit of Ravel Morrison from that perspective!

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Exactly. You always get the complete silence from them when he pulls something off from out of nowhere.
        if it was a rabbit they be impressed
        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Wouldn't call him lazy, it's his style of play, he's calm. The only thing that bothers me about him is that he's not clinical in front of goal, he's fluffed a fair few good chances. That said, I still rate him.

Comment

He is similar to Ravel but not at that level yet. Both could do something brilliant in games and bith float across the pitch the big difference was Ravel could finish and was very calm with the ball at his feet. Eze has it all in front of him where as Ravel has wasted a talent that could have made him a world star.

Comment

Ravel; Adel; Ezel!

Comment

No mention of price but I think at the price someone quoted on here £20M , he's gone we'd have to take it can't see anyone offering anywhere near that though will probably be between £6M-£8M, +add on's and I think the board would have to seriously think about it what with our fiancé's at the moment, He's not been to consistent lately, few so,so games and a couple of poor one's too, he's young and he has undoubted potential to be a top player but that's what it is at the moment potential, needs to get the consistency going, but with everyone talking about him so highly he's going to attract attention, I'd rather we kept him under the radar for a while, to fend them off

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  No mention of price but I think at the price someone quoted on here £20M , he's gone we'd have to take it can't see anyone offering anywhere near that though will probably be between £6M-£8M, +add on's and I think the board would have to seriously think about it what with our fiancé's at the moment, He's not been to consistent lately, few so,so games and a couple of poor one's too, he's young and he has undoubted potential to be a top player but that's what it is at the moment potential, needs to get the consistency going, but with everyone talking about him so highly he's going to attract attention, I'd rather we kept him under the radar for a while, to fend them off
                  £6-8m is far too cheap to entertain.

Comment

A sale and loan back would be best for all involved. He aint gonna get game time in the prem like he would with us and we cant replace him at his value.
                    Rather keep him.

Comment

I would bet that after Jordan Mutch and Alex McCarthy, Palace would be wary of buying anyone from us !!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        I would bet that after Jordan Mutch and Alex McCarthy, Palace would be wary of buying anyone from us !!

Jordan Mutch is available on a free transfer at the moment, Palace paid him off last week. And to think, we parted with 6m quid for that guy. Didn't look anything like a top flight player to me. Don't even think he'd get into our current side.

Comment

Mutch ado about nothing.

Comment

You mean Washington and Mackie? All we can ask is that they try their best.....lol

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

You mean Washington and Mackie? All we can ask is that they try their best.....lol
                              This will always be an interesting argument. Should a player be allowed to make less effort just because they are more gifted?

Adel is a great example. As far at the end of the spectrum as you can get in terms high levels of talent, but low levels of application. Then you have players at the other end of the spectrum, you know, the Karl Henry types. Personally I think you can cut a player like Eze a little slack. But that being said, imagine the player he could be if you could install a little more work ethic in him? He could be a tremendous creative central midfielder if only he tracked back a little more!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

This will always be an interesting argument. Should a player be allowed to make less effort just because they are more gifted?

Adel is a great example. As far at the end of the spectrum as you can get in terms high levels of talent, but low levels of application. Then you have players at the other end of the spectrum, you know, the Karl Henry types. Personally I think you can cut a player like Eze a little slack. But that being said, imagine the player he could be if you could install a little more work ethic in him? He could be a tremendous creative central midfielder if only he tracked back a little more!
                                Not in my opinion. But clubs/managers will put up with it as long as they are getting a benefit from it. We got the (huge) benefit from Adel during the one season that he could be arsed.

There are plenty of talented players that also put in effort - that's when they become great players. As you say, Eze seems to have the talent even if it's a little raw but he could contribute more.

Comment

Working...
                                X