No announcement yet.

Sheffield United Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a good read. And i actually applaud them for not being like the usual and most club forums of throwing insults about at our club and fanbase. They seem like a good bunch who are just happy to be going along for the ride and happy with how they are doing just like we are. We've both been good and bad in the past and it's good to see fans happy that they are doing well, not getting too much ahead of themselves. They also recognise that anyone up there at this stage is worthy of being there and that anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
      They aint confident beating us

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.ph...-go-2nd.68738/

With Eze, Freeman and Wells they’ve got some firepower. Not sure what they are like at the back, but not far off a playoff outfit looks at their first XI.
      Quite a good read and I see they also linked our thread on them.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
        That was a good read. And i actually applaud them for not being like the usual and most club forums of throwing insults about at our club and fanbase. They seem like a good bunch who are just happy to be going along for the ride and happy with how they are doing just like we are. We've both been good and bad in the past and it's good to see fans happy that they are doing well, not getting too much ahead of themselves. They also recognise that anyone up there at this stage is worthy of being there and that anything can happen.

I've got a Villa mate who went to their 2-2 draw with QPR & he tells me he's never seen a team waste time, fake injury, hurl themselves to the ground and faff about wasting time as much as QPR did. So be prepared for a very frustrating afternoon if we don't get an early lead!

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
          Most of Washingtons appearances have been as sub so unlikely to start. Utd off the boil lately so 2-0 us.
          https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.ph...2#post-1899854

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post

I've got a Villa mate who went to their 2-2 draw with QPR & he tells me he's never seen a team waste time, fake injury, hurl themselves to the ground and faff about wasting time as much as QPR did. So be prepared for a very frustrating afternoon if we don't get an early lead!
            Yes read that bit. But having actually watched the game i call it different. Their player with a girls name purposely leaving his foot in and smashing Lumleys nose and so clearly could have been his eye giving most of the injury time. Maybe the Villa fans thought Joe was faking it and had a blood capsule in his hand ready to act out 7 minutes sitting on the floor dazed and getting a nasty cut on his nose treated. Well we all know Tammy Abraham the perpertrator thought that as he was trying to push our medical staff off the pitch. And then thought Joe Lumley could go off the pitch to be treated so Villa could carry on with the game. We all know that never happens with goalkeepers. And then the Villa fans throwing abuse at our medical staff as they went off behind the goal and walked back to the dugout. Lovely fans that Villa lot. I hold them in the highest regard.

Comment

I reckon we'll win this one. As a few have said, they're off the boil at the moment. 2-0 Rangers.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                You are Spot on. Chalk n Cheese from that Villa lot

Comment

3-1 or 3-2 Rangers. Think we win well if we get the first goal as that could leave them vunerable at the back to the quick counter attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    I reckon we'll win this one. As a few have said, they're off the boil at the moment. 2-0 Rangers.
                    If by 'off the boil' you mean second in the form standings then yes...!

United fan here - just quickly signed in to dispel the myth we're on a bad run of form. Think it will be a very tight game. How do you lot set up away from home? Will you come to have a go or soak up the pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by HeCanDoMagic View Post

United fan here - just quickly signed in to dispel the myth we're on a bad run of form. Think it will be a very tight game. How do you lot set up away from home? Will you come to have a go or soak up the pressure?
                      As we are away prob soak up and hit you on the break. Oh we are 2nd on the form front as of the last 5 games.

Comment

I think you'll find we are 2nd in the form table mate. Just checked, and fair enough, you guys are 3rd. Should be a good game!

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

As we are away prob soak up and hit you on the break. Oh we are 2nd on the form front as of the last 5 games.
                          First 20 minutes will be key then - we usually get at teams very early and pile on the pressure. When we score during that period we usually go on and win. However, when teams survive that period we can at times struggle to break teams down and leave ourselves exposed on the counter.

Form guide traditionally goes off previous 6 games - however, whether we are 2nd or 3rd on that list, we are certainly not 'off the boil'.

Comment

I think you'll find we are 2nd in the form table mate. Just checked, and fair enough, you guys are 3rd. Should be a good game!
                            Definitely - to be fair, think its shame we're playing each other this weekend - a lot of the big spenders are playing each other so gives some teams the less fancied teams chance to catch up or cement a place up there. I'd love the likes of Leeds, West Brom and Derby to drop off.

Comment

Definitely - to be fair, think its shame we're playing each other this weekend - a lot of the big spenders are playing each other so gives some teams the less fancied teams chance to catch up or cement a place up there. I'd love the likes of Leeds, West Brom and Derby to drop off.
                              I don't have have too much time for any of those 3 sides either mate. Derby in particular really have an embarrassment of riches when you look at some of the quality in their squad. Always refreshing to see sides like you lot and us giving them a run for their money with much smaller operating budgets!

Comment

I don't have have too much time for any of those 3 sides either mate. Derby in particular really have an embarrassment of riches when you look at some of the quality in their squad. Always refreshing to see sides like you lot and us giving them a run for their money with much smaller operating budgets!
                                Agreed. I like how our managers have assembled a team, whereas the likes of the aforementioned clubs have just bought a set of expensive individuals. We had a good go last year and dropped off, would love it (said with my best Kevin Keegan accent) if we were in and amongst the promotion race come April/May.

Comment

Working...
                                X