Matt Ingram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ingram

What a shambles he made of that Leeds goal.

What annoyed me was it was a bread and butter save. Regardless how hard or fast it was hit, it was a free kick. There was no surprises, deflections or anything, it was literally straight down the pipe. I'd of been so p***** off if he'd of cost us that game with that mistake.

Gotta say though he was really good second half and made a couple of really good interventions and was very fast off his line to thwart a few Leeds attacks.

So glad we have Lumley though as I don't see this guy ever being a regular for us. Just got too many mistakes in him.

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    What a shambles he made of that Leeds goal.

What annoyed me was it was a bread and butter save. Regardless how hard or fast it was hit, it was a free kick. There was no surprises, deflections or anything, it was literally straight down the pipe. I'd of been so p***** off if he'd of cost us that game with that mistake.

Gotta say though he was really good second half and made a couple of really good interventions and was very fast off his line to thwart a few Leeds attacks.

So glad we have Lumley though as I don't see this guy ever being a regular for us. Just got too many mistakes in him.
    When your confidence is low..

Comment

Glad to hear he had a decent second half.

Comment

His body shape was completely wrong for trying to catch it, but as qpr said about his confidence being low, but he made another kicking howler of a error where he was too slow and got closed down, & have to say at that point really felt for him cos he looked like a cat in headlights, even though hes been a pro for long enough but i suppose there is alot of pressure being watched by thousands. But glad for him & us he got to grips with things second half though as no one wants to see someone go to pieces.
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I would like him out the club. I think being sh!te while onloan at Northampton should of given the club the idea before trying to make him number 1

I would also say he must be extremely low on confidence also, so I don’t want to kick him while he’s down
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Yea definitely pinks. I didn't like sarcastic cheering when he caught a simple ball a few minutes after the goal. It's not gonna help the fella in the slightest.

Came good second half as we said just worries me when he plays I'll be honest

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
              I would like him out the club. I think being sh!te while onloan at Northampton should of given the club the idea before trying to make him number 1

I would also say he must be extremely low on confidence also, so I don’t want to kick him while he’s down
              I'll be honest I wouldn't mind seeing him moved on. It's odd because when he came everyone was saying what a good keeper we had signed but I've seen him make many a howler & I just don't think he's all that.

Comment

Don't want to knock Ingram too much but personally I'd like us to have an experienced keeper as the number 2. Someone like Lee Camp.

Comment

Yeah i agree and tbh he looks to me like one of those that struggles to handle the pressure, which is understandable but you would think by this the management will of seen this aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Don't want to knock Ingram too much but personally I'd like us to have an experienced keeper as the number 2. Someone like Lee Camp.
                    He made a right howler the other day that i saw briefly aswell.

Comment

Yea definitely pinks. I didn't like sarcastic cheering when he caught a simple ball a few minutes after the goal. It's not gonna help the fella in the slightest.

Came good second half as we said just worries me when he plays I'll be honest
                      The same as you & i dont know if its just me but he looks like hes got lead in his boots bless him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

He made a right howler the other day that i saw briefly aswell.
                        He's also been part of getting Birmingham to 8th in the table. To be fair though, I said someone LIKE Lee Camp.

Comment

I'll be honest I wouldn't mind seeing him moved on. It's odd because when he came everyone was saying what a good keeper we had signed but I've seen him make many a howler & I just don't think he's all that.
                          I remember that. We had Smithies & Ingram. Fans were saying how lucky we are to have two top goalkeepers.

Things change quickly in football don’t they!
                          Under Les Ferdinand:
                          Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                          Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                          Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                          Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                          And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I'm not a keeper and don't know much about 'shape of a keeper' or 'positioning on freekicks' so Im not going to start giving some BS explaining that....

He made a mistake, that's for sure and that I can see. Although, he's not our number 1, but makes some good saves also. The guy's confidence is poor, he's clearly a relatively good keeper and perhaps at his level.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

When your confidence is low..
                              My thoughts too mate. The guy has clearly gone into this season thinking it was his year after 2 seasons playing understudy to Smithies. He's fluffed his lines in the first few games, and now he's playing understudy again to the kid that was once 3rd choice. Gotta knock your confidence, and I think it's affected him badly.

He honestly can't be as bad as he's looked so far this season. The fans at Wycombe rate him highly, and they are only 1 league below us. He looked like a Sunday League player in the first half yesterday. In fact, most of the Sunday League keepers I've played with would have saved that!

Comment

Working...
                              X