Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo
    replied
    Only seen it once but when I watched the goal it seemed that there were lots of players moving across his line-of-sight and he probably couldn't judge it until late. He was bound to be nervous/rusty. He is still young (for a 'keeper) and the club obviously see his ability/potential.

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

I'll be honest I wouldn't mind seeing him moved on. It's odd because when he came everyone was saying what a good keeper we had signed but I've seen him make many a howler & I just don't think he's all that.
    Think he is a decent enough keeper mate he’s just not the right fit for QPR. Players have spoken before about playing at hq and the pressure with the crowd so close that you can hear what they are saying etc. Some players thrive off it and some don’t. Don’t know his character other than what I’ve seen but take lumley for example, bold as brass struts into the team, commands the back line and makes that spot his own. Crowd love him, manager loves him and defenders have confidence in him. Ingram got off to an abysmal start and i don’t think he’s ever recovered. Might just be one of them for Matt. Personalities and character in players are so important especially at a club like ours with, I think it would be fair to say, fans who expect a certain level. He looks shot to #### to me and it’s probably best he moves on. Doesn’t mean he’s not a decent keeper though which I’m sure he is. At the right club

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    Have a look at the games he has played and goals he has conceeded from parrying the ball back in front of him and into play. One thing you are taught as a young keeper is to parry to the side away from the goal and Ingram is still guilty of that after all the games he has played as a pro. Do not rate him and it worries me that he is our back up to lumley as he is nowhere near the standard required. Glad for him he had a decent 2nd hslf yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Originally posted by blueandwright View Post

Personally think he was slow off his line to smother that leeds player, should never have had to go in with his legs if he was quicker he could've jumped on it and completely thwarted the danger. Although on the whole agree he showed good bottle to pull it together second half, just don't think he'll ever fill me with confidence in goal so I'd see him moved on.
    agreed.

Also his kicking was slow and sometimes missed the pitch completely. just like blackurn in the fa cup two years ago, if your going to spill or parry the ball, do it away from the goal, not straight out into the 6 yard box.

have net seen any improvement at all in him in the past 3 years.

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

My thoughts too mate. The guy has clearly gone into this season thinking it was his year after 2 seasons playing understudy to Smithies. He's fluffed his lines in the first few games, and now he's playing understudy again to the kid that was once 3rd choice. Gotta knock your confidence, and I think it's affected him badly.

He honestly can't be as bad as he's looked so far this season. The fans at Wycombe rate him highly, and they are only 1 league below us. He looked like a Sunday League player in the first half yesterday. In fact, most of the Sunday League keepers I've played with would have saved that!
    Yep, this.

I just think his confidence is shot and as fans we noticeable see a difference in Lumley and dont pick up on anything he does bad. (Not that he has made poor saves as Matty did on Sunday..)

That said, I think there is a player in there.

Leave a comment:

• blueandwright
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve_Mac_Fan View Post
    I thought Matt recovered really well second half. For all the difficulty earlier in the season and in the first half yesterday, he must have felt very low but he made a positive decision in smothering that Leeds player bearing down on goal and then the Leeds player trying to catch him out and strong hand to tip over the bar. How kicking was solid too. Good recovery after a woeful error. Showed good bottle
    Personally think he was slow off his line to smother that leeds player, should never have had to go in with his legs if he was quicker he could've jumped on it and completely thwarted the danger. Although on the whole agree he showed good bottle to pull it together second half, just don't think he'll ever fill me with confidence in goal so I'd see him moved on.

Leave a comment:

• Steve_Mac_Fan
    replied
    I thought Matt recovered really well second half. For all the difficulty earlier in the season and in the first half yesterday, he must have felt very low but he made a positive decision in smothering that Leeds player bearing down on goal and then the Leeds player trying to catch him out and strong hand to tip over the bar. How kicking was solid too. Good recovery after a woeful error. Showed good bottle

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    On the one hand it might be a bit harsh to criticise a keeper who has rarely played with a consistent back four but on the other hand if you keep making seemingly basic mistakes....

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Rob Green all over again for me. Good save, good save, good save then howler and goal.

Yeah he was better second half but he failed in his job first half and as pinks says was lucky with a kick out first half too which he dwelled on. Should not get heckled by home fans that’s not on

personally don’t think he’s good enough, I’ve never been impressed and there will be better out there on same money who will do better job.

The black keeper we have out on loan looks good to me so I’m year or two he steps up.
    Seny Dieng?

He's been part of the squad for few years now, and I don't believe he's ever made the matchday squad. He's been out on loan to Whitehawk, Hampton & Richmond and more recently Stevenage, I think we actually recalled him last week. I had a quick look on a Stevenage forum the other day, they seem to rate him and were sorry to see him go. That said, 24 years old, and never played at anything higher than League 2 level. Doesn't look like the answer on paper, does he?

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Rob Green all over again for me. Good save, good save, good save then howler and goal.

Yeah he was better second half but he failed in his job first half and as pinks says was lucky with a kick out first half too which he dwelled on. Should not get heckled by home fans that’s not on

personally don’t think he’s good enough, I’ve never been impressed and there will be better out there on same money who will do better job.

The black keeper we have out on loan looks good to me so I’m year or two he steps up.

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    They were sorry to see him go at Wycombe. Maybe there is a point here - don't leave to be a no.2........did you see Smithies dive out of the way of that shot the other day? He'd have had that all day long last season here.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    The thing that no one has mentioned, why the hell did he only want two men in that wall.

The free kick was only 25 yards out.
    Commonsense would be to put a minimum 4 man wall up.

Personally, I'd rather get rid in the summer and bring a new keeper in.

That Leeds keeper was class, the save from cousins and the one against Bidwell just before the goal was exelent.

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

When your confidence is low..
    My thoughts too mate. The guy has clearly gone into this season thinking it was his year after 2 seasons playing understudy to Smithies. He's fluffed his lines in the first few games, and now he's playing understudy again to the kid that was once 3rd choice. Gotta knock your confidence, and I think it's affected him badly.

He honestly can't be as bad as he's looked so far this season. The fans at Wycombe rate him highly, and they are only 1 league below us. He looked like a Sunday League player in the first half yesterday. In fact, most of the Sunday League keepers I've played with would have saved that!

Leave a comment:

• qpr4life
    replied
    I'm not a keeper and don't know much about 'shape of a keeper' or 'positioning on freekicks' so Im not going to start giving some BS explaining that....

He made a mistake, that's for sure and that I can see. Although, he's not our number 1, but makes some good saves also. The guy's confidence is poor, he's clearly a relatively good keeper and perhaps at his level.

Leave a comment:

• qpr
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

I'll be honest I wouldn't mind seeing him moved on. It's odd because when he came everyone was saying what a good keeper we had signed but I've seen him make many a howler & I just don't think he's all that.
    I remember that. We had Smithies & Ingram. Fans were saying how lucky we are to have two top goalkeepers.

Things change quickly in football don’t they!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X