Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th round - What does that mean financially?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th round - What does that mean financially?

How much earnings does another round in the FA Cup generate? Does it matter if you play away or at home? Any other interesting financial aspects?

Get a top six away draw with tv thrown in and could make a huge difference to the coffers

Comment

Who do you want? A big team away for the day out and a share of the gate or Oldham at home so we can show Fulham how it's done!

Comment

Spurs at Wembley or United away of the big teams if not Barnet or Oldham at Home.

Comment

Big away game or easier one at home for me, don't mind. Can only be good news either way and we benefit financially.

Comment

Depends who we draw mate. I think a big club can be a decent earner. Every little helps either way though!

Personally I'd love to draw one of the big guns, make a few quid and bow out gracefully. A long cup run could do more harm than good.

Great to break another unwanted run though. That's 2 in the space of a month!

Comment

How can I watch the FA Cup fourth round draw?

Live coverage of Wolves vs Liverpool will be shown on BBC One on Monday night.

Coverage will extend to encompass the fourth round draw, which will be conducted by former Wolves pair Robbie Keane and Carl Ikeme.

Comment

But If we play at home, do we have to give some of the revenue to the away team? So would it be more profitable to play at for example Old trafford?

Comment

Originally posted by luca View Post
                  But If we play at home, do we have to give some of the revenue to the away team? So would it be more profitable to play at for example Old trafford?
                  Profitable yes, but less chance of progression. It's the balance.

Comment

I many percent of the revenue has to be given on to the away team? does anybody now?

Comment

I'd prefer a winnable match at home next round, the chances of a big pay day from an away match at a big club increase with each round of progress, that's what I have been told anyway, I can't remember us being in this position before!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by luca View Post
                        I many percent of the revenue has to be given on to the away team? does anybody now?
                        Gate Receipt Revenue Share:

English FA has installed a good system where both home and away teams for every tie of FA Cup get 45% of gate receipt revenue each. So if a lower league team hit a jackpot and they are drawn against a top premier league side away they make more money from that away game than their entire season (or in some cases several season).

Cambridge United took United to a replay at Old Trafford, although they lost the game 3-0 but they earned a massive fortune with 45% share of gate receipt which was reportedly around £1.2 million.

Comment

ROUNDS LIVE LIVE REPLAY
                          FA Cup – Round 1 £67,500 £33,750
                          FA Cup – Round 2 £72,000 £36,000
                          FA Cup – Round 3 £144,000 £72,000
                          FA Cup – Round 4 £144,000 £72,000
                          FA Cup – Round 5 £247,500 £123,750
                          FA Cup – Round 6 £247,500 £123,750

Comment

72k,half prem league earn more than that in 3 days lol
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                              Gate Receipt Revenue Share:

English FA has installed a good system where both home and away teams for every tie of FA Cup get 45% of gate receipt revenue each. So if a lower league team hit a jackpot and they are drawn against a top premier league side away they make more money from that away game than their entire season (or in some cases several season).

Cambridge United took United to a replay at Old Trafford, although they lost the game 3-0 but they earned a massive fortune with 45% share of gate receipt which was reportedly around £1.2 million.
                              Proper explanation - thanks for that!

Comment

Working...
                              X