Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Is Financial Fair Play actually 'fair'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Haha that made me chuckle
    It did me aswell, theres some comedians on here, makes so entertaining, what only 5 words had me spitting my tea out, had me chuckling all day

Honestly though what a stupid question this thread is when its a obvious no

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post

What only 5 words ?
    Haha that made me chuckle

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Very kind of you Jeff.
    You're very welcome sir

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

None. But UEFA don't turn a blind eye to us do they?
    Yeah thats true

Leave a comment:

• bakes8
    replied
    The latest revelations follow on from Monday’s claims that the City owner, Sheikh Mansour, paid large parts of inflated sponsorship deals himself to circumvent FFP rules. In one case, documents from City’s chief financial officer, Jorge Chumillas, appear to show the Abu Dhabi United Group, Mansour’s holding company which also owns City, directly paid £59.5m of Etihad’s annual sponsorship, with only £8m coming from the airline.

That was last November

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cial-fair-play

What was stopping Air Asia doing the same when they were our sponsors ?
    None. But UEFA don't turn a blind eye to us do they?

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    The latest revelations follow on from Monday’s claims that the City owner, Sheikh Mansour, paid large parts of inflated sponsorship deals himself to circumvent FFP rules. In one case, documents from City’s chief financial officer, Jorge Chumillas, appear to show the Abu Dhabi United Group, Mansour’s holding company which also owns City, directly paid £59.5m of Etihad’s annual sponsorship, with only £8m coming from the airline.

That was last November

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cial-fair-play

What was stopping Air Asia doing the same when they were our sponsors ?

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied

What only 5 words ?
    Yeah, just in case Pinkie is reading mate!

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Very kind of you Jeff.
    What only 5 words ?

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post

Absolutely nothing wrong with Tarbie's replies. One of the best posters on here.
    Very kind of you Jeff.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    A load of absolute nonsense dreamed up by people who had to justify having a job at the EFL.

Leave a comment:

• dave58
    replied
    How the hell can FFP be fair if one club can spend £200M and another is not be allowed to spend the same? Not that all can spend the same? Or will be able to due to maybe their owners not being that wealthy.
    I understand that we don't want a club/clubs to go to the wall, but if it's solely the owners debt, their money that they spend and not to the detriment of the club, i.e. raised against the clubs assets i.e their grounds/ training grounds, whether it be £100M or £1B who are people to say where and what they do with their money,
    You will still have the divide you have now because some clubs have richer owners who won't mind spending their money and taking on the debt for success, FFPt was a totally flawed idea,
    Basically I think UEFA and the FA> bought it in to try and stop a few clubs just running away with things, i.e. Chelsea when they spent their way to success and now the likes of Man City and PSG with their untold riches/wealth,
    It happened when Jack Walker done the same at Blackburn, Man Utd did the same they out spent everyone
    It's a fact of Football that most of the times the big rich clubs will have most of the success, but on the odd occasion there will be a club who gets promoted or wins a title,(Leicester)
    And if a club has a sugar Daddy who's prepared to do it ( like we did for a short while) so be it. the likes of Chelsea Arsenal & Man Utd are moaning now is Because Man City have taken it to another level with their spending power,

Leave a comment:

• acricketer
    replied
    Football is a corrupt cesspool of amoeba gorging themselves on 'matter' that is oblivious to their own rape and disdain.

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    Could not find the thread about Bolton so will post here.

With Bolton upto their eyeballs in debt and trouble, breaking news tonight is that forest Green could be about to force a winding up order on them for transfer payments that have been defaulted.

Bolton will be calling in the hmrc according to the owner.
    Bloody hell. So soon after the last time too. One thing i do blame is the culture in football that players have to be paid utter stupid amounts of money. And clubs are running scared that the players they try and sign will go elsewhere if they don't pay them what they want. Time for ALL football clubs to let players know they won't be held to ransom and they have to try to lower the players expectancy all over because the tv money won't be there forever. More and more clubs will go bust and face wind up and ffp sanctions over the next 10 years simply because they pay players wages they clearly don't need.

Leave a comment:

• Hitman34
    replied
    Could not find the thread about Bolton so will post here.

With Bolton upto their eyeballs in debt and trouble, breaking news tonight is that forest Green could be about to force a winding up order on them for transfer payments that have been defaulted.

Bolton will be calling in the hmrc according to the owner.

Leave a comment:

• qprjeff1882
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Haha you should try being everyone else reading youre A4 replies to every subject son
    Absolutely nothing wrong with Tarbie's replies. One of the best posters on here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X