Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: Is Financial Fair Play actually 'fair'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it has the right intentions ie. make clubs spend within their means. But what it stops is ambitious owners who want to turn a club around by spending a few quid. It therefore makes it more difficult to challenge the established big clubs

Comment

Forget Fooking Promotion

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        I think it has the right intentions ie. make clubs spend within their means. But what it stops is ambitious owners who want to turn a club around by spending a few quid. It therefore makes it more difficult to challenge the established big clubs
        So fining clubs that have overspent and thus sending them further into debt is 'the right intention'? It'utter madness and it's only intention is to keep the bigger clubs at the top and keep the gravy train going.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

So fining clubs that have overspent and thus sending them further into debt is 'the right intention'? It'utter madness and it's only intention is to keep the bigger clubs at the top and keep the gravy train going.
          No I said it has the right intentions to make clubs spend within their means.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Haha you should try being everyone else reading youre A4 replies to every subject son
            Sorry mate, I'd not realised reading was such an issue for you. In future I'll keep my replies to you shorter.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 05-01-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Depends what we mean by fair really...

does ffp mean that everyone has an equal chance of success? No... it gives a clear advantage to clubs that generate higher levels of income.

does ffp mean that clubs can’t gain an unfair advantage by spending way beyond their means? Yes. (Sort of at least).

ffp is far from perfectand could be hugely improved... part of that needs to be a better understanding of what it’s actually all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                Thought it would be worth taking a poll, as there seems to be some differences of opinion on the forum lately.

Not easy, but try to answer as objectively as possible.

The sanctions against us aside - that is a separate issue. The question here is are FFP rules in fact 'fair' or do they still advantage the bigger clubs?
                Not fair at all, I know Man City generate much much more income than us but are they fitting within the rules spending 100s of millions on players in a transfer window?...Owners should be allowed to pump money in so long as the club isn't running at a loss including the owner's investment.

Comment

Clearly a corrupt plan to keep the bigger sides at the top and on the gravy train.

disgraceful.
                  very much like the EU
                  I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                  This morning's tempest I have to cross
                  I must be guided without a stumble
                  Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Sorry mate, I'd not realised reading was such an issue for you. In future I'll keep my replies to you shorter.
                    Maybe just two words, Tarbs?

Comment

To ensure a level playing field there should be a wage cap and spending limits introduced to all clubs in the relative divisions. Such as happens in both forms of Rugby.

Of course, there should be a limit on loan players and size of squads as well. Chelsea having 60 players out on loan is completely absurd and another examle of how big clubs get bigger and little clubs get crumbs. A scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Haha you should try being everyone else reading youre A4 replies to every subject son
                        Absolutely nothing wrong with Tarbie's replies. One of the best posters on here.

Comment

Could not find the thread about Bolton so will post here.

With Bolton upto their eyeballs in debt and trouble, breaking news tonight is that forest Green could be about to force a winding up order on them for transfer payments that have been defaulted.

Bolton will be calling in the hmrc according to the owner.
                          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            Could not find the thread about Bolton so will post here.

With Bolton upto their eyeballs in debt and trouble, breaking news tonight is that forest Green could be about to force a winding up order on them for transfer payments that have been defaulted.

Bolton will be calling in the hmrc according to the owner.
                            Bloody hell. So soon after the last time too. One thing i do blame is the culture in football that players have to be paid utter stupid amounts of money. And clubs are running scared that the players they try and sign will go elsewhere if they don't pay them what they want. Time for ALL football clubs to let players know they won't be held to ransom and they have to try to lower the players expectancy all over because the tv money won't be there forever. More and more clubs will go bust and face wind up and ffp sanctions over the next 10 years simply because they pay players wages they clearly don't need.

Comment

Football is a corrupt cesspool of amoeba gorging themselves on 'matter' that is oblivious to their own rape and disdain.

Comment

How the hell can FFP be fair if one club can spend £200M and another is not be allowed to spend the same? Not that all can spend the same? Or will be able to due to maybe their owners not being that wealthy.
                                I understand that we don't want a club/clubs to go to the wall, but if it's solely the owners debt, their money that they spend and not to the detriment of the club, i.e. raised against the clubs assets i.e their grounds/ training grounds, whether it be £100M or £1B who are people to say where and what they do with their money,
                                You will still have the divide you have now because some clubs have richer owners who won't mind spending their money and taking on the debt for success, FFPt was a totally flawed idea,
                                Basically I think UEFA and the FA> bought it in to try and stop a few clubs just running away with things, i.e. Chelsea when they spent their way to success and now the likes of Man City and PSG with their untold riches/wealth,
                                It happened when Jack Walker done the same at Blackburn, Man Utd did the same they out spent everyone
                                It's a fact of Football that most of the times the big rich clubs will have most of the success, but on the odd occasion there will be a club who gets promoted or wins a title,(Leicester)
                                And if a club has a sugar Daddy who's prepared to do it ( like we did for a short while) so be it. the likes of Chelsea Arsenal & Man Utd are moaning now is Because Man City have taken it to another level with their spending power,

Comment

Working...
                                X