• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very well put Pinky

Now I better duck

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

If that's true mate, why is almost every side in the Championship comprised of players in excess of 6ft?
      Tbh i havnt looked through every squad to check on the heght & size of players, & its a well known fact that the english game coaching wise had been goingdown that physicality route over talent which is completely wrong, this games football tarbs not rugby, any small player whos fast will be good at drawing fouls, fitness and abilities & understanding of the games whats important, the game nows pathetic tackles wise compared to how it usedto be, look at the great players who were small, little archie gemmil offorest, theres loads i could name, the game always needs the talented skilful players otherwise the entertainment levels will drop drastically.
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Have to say I agree with Pinkie about loaning out players. If a player shows promise develop him here - we are constantly told it's a squad game. I said when Shodipo was shipped out to Port Vale (of all places) after Ian History destroyed his confidence that we'd never see him in Hoops again and I'll stand by that. Wheeler too, £3m was it? Wasted. Loaned out to get fit my Rs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Tbh i havnt looked through every squad to check on the heght & size of players, & its a well known fact that the english game coaching wise had been goingdown that physicality route over talent which is completely wrong, this games football tarbs not rugby, any small player whos fast will be good at drawing fouls, fitness and abilities & understanding of the games whats important, the game nows pathetic tackles wise compared to how it usedto be, look at the great players who were small, little archie gemmil offorest, theres loads i could name, the game always needs the talented skilful players otherwise the entertainment levels will drop drastically.
          Fark this Pinks the mob will start kicking shlt out of me any moment but got to agree with all your last three posts here's another two small hard men from the kick em up in the air era Francis Lee and horrible Nasty aptly named cruncher Terry Pain ( S/ampton

Comment

• I think Smyth is better than BOS too, so agree with Pinkie. But that’s just an opinion and Mac prefers BOS. What is true is that it’s pointless having both at the moment as they won’t both get enough 1st team football. So, one of them needs to go on loan.

Comment

• If Smyth doesn't want to sign a new contract as reported then off with him. Don't care who you are if you don't wanna play for us Bon Nuit.

Smyth I quite rate, but he is no Wells, Hemed or even Oteh so he is 4th choice up front at best. Out wide he has got to contend with Pav, Freeman and BOS so 4th choice there at best as well. Time for him to move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Ah......so your problem is with the direction English football is going in, rather than the comment I've made about Smyth being too lightweight?

Like you, I haven't researched the squads of all the other teams and noted the height and weight of the players. But unlike you, I watch my team play every week, and my eyes told my brain there were a lot of players over 6 foot on the pitch!

Comment

• If someone is exceptional and can command a place then by all means play them Al, but not every kid is ready and some will benefit from actual game time instead of sitting on bench or reserves, Smyth example and Furlong came back better from his loan as did Eze, Lumley and hopefully same is case for manning.

You can only play eleven players!!! Harry Kane has four or five loans on his name worked out ok for him and Spurs

In hindsight think shodipo is not all that (injuries have played a part) as other then push the ball and run after it he never offered much in games I’ve seen although I had high hopes

wheeler was nothing like 3mil it was something like £250k which is peanuts

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    If someone is exceptional and can command a place then by all means play them Al, but not every kid is ready and some will benefit from actual game time instead of sitting on bench or reserves, Smyth example and Furlong came back better from his loan as did Eze, Lumley and hopefully same is case for manning.

You can only play eleven players!!! Harry Kane has four or five loans on his name worked out ok for him and Spurs

In hindsight think shodipo is not all that (injuries have played a part) as other then push the ball and run after it he never offered much in games I’ve seen although I had high hopes

I'd be surprised it Wheeler was even that mate. Down at Exeter with a year left on his deal from what I can remember. I'm guessing we got him for next to nothing. Hence I wasn't at all bothered when that roll of the dice never panned out.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      If someone is exceptional and can command a place then by all means play them Al, but not every kid is ready and some will benefit from actual game time instead of sitting on bench or reserves, Smyth example and Furlong came back better from his loan as did Eze, Lumley and hopefully same is case for manning.

Wheeler was their top scorer wasn't he? Not sure they let him go that cheap and I'm sure I read £3m somewhere at the time. Very happy if we didn't spend that much. Furlong would have been wasted until Ramsey started influencing things last season and he finally got a look in here. What's a loan done for Goss? Maybe that's where I got the £3m from?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Ah......so your problem is with the direction English football is going in, rather than the comment I've made about Smyth being too lightweight?

Like you, I haven't researched the squads of all the other teams and noted the height and weight of the players. But unlike you, I watch my team play every week, and my eyes told my brain there were a lot of players over 6 foot on the pitch!

WTF are you on about you plum??! ive already commented about smyth and my view and that youre talking rubbish with regards to his size etc, and another plum moment from plum of the year regarding watching my team, watch them every game and have also been going to quite a few games recently! honestly another stupid comment almost on par with that original posters post on those two rangers fighting and one taking a hiding.

Anyway smyth for me would be a great one to bring on when pavs done in or injured & on the other wing, seems to have a great cross on him at pace aswell which wells would appreciate more.

PS I apologise for calling you a plum 3 times tarbs, but please dont take itto heart as its me bantering, even though i had commented about smyth.
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                          Wheeler was their top scorer wasn't he? Not sure they let him go that cheap and I'm sure I read £3m somewhere at the time. Very happy if we didn't spend that much. Furlong would have been wasted until Ramsey started influencing things last season and he finally got a look in here. What's a loan done for Goss? Maybe that's where I got the £3m from?
                          Exeter Al it was nothing we paid. Furlong was hit at Northampton on loan

Goss is one example I’ve just given you three that we benefitted from. You can’t play everyone

Comment

• Tarbs have to say that on this occasion I agree with Pinks hes a great player and deserves a chance no matter how tall he is
                            Our loss will be another clubs gain he has great potential
                            Especially if we lose Wells Hemed and Wsolek in June then we are farked mate.

Comment

• Pinks not sure plum is a great way forward though mate for a convo to be fair to Tarbs

Comment

• Originally posted by The General View Post
                                Tarbs have to say that on this occasion I agree with Pinks hes a great player and deserves a chance no matter how tall he is
                                Our loss will be another clubs gain he has great potential
                                Especially if we lose Wells Hemed and Wsolek in June then we are farked mate.
                                I don’t think Smyth or BOS can play on the Wells or Hamed role. They’d be a replacement for Pavel in my view. If we sign up Pav then we need to sell or send 1 out on loan.

Comment

Working...
                                X