No announcement yet.

Eze Everton interest.. Lumley deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smythe is well good enough to be a regular squad player but he has to convince the manager with his ability no his mouth ,
    whats the old saying ? Nobody is bigger than the club ! Sadly for Smythe he's learning that the hard way

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Smythe is well good enough to be a regular squad player but he has to convince the manager with his ability no his mouth ,
      whats the old saying ? Nobody is bigger than the club ! Sadly for Smythe he's learning that the hard way
      Is he though mate? Who you dropping?

From what I've seen Chair and BOS are both well ahead of Smyth in terms of being equipped to deal with this league week to week. Let alone the players that make the starting 11.

Comment

• Smyth biggest problem was playing and scoring on his debut. Huge expectations of him from that point perhaps unfairly.

Should prob be on bench but not good enough to start week in week out at this point from what I’ve seen

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Smyth biggest problem was playing and scoring on his debut. Huge expectations of him from that point perhaps unfairly.

Should prob be on bench but not good enough to start week in week out at this point from what I’ve seen
          Agreed mate, and that's exactly where he is at the moment. Been on the bench for a lot of the festive period, hasn't he?

Personally I'd give him another year and send him on loan for the remainder of this season. But only if his head's right. If he feels aggrieved about not playing regularly and is going to be a problem, then best to get what we can for him in this transfer window.

Comment

• Of course hes good enough to be a squad player , your opinion is the untried Char and the rarely used BOS are better options , from what I've seen is tho Smyth is in the same category as those two for game time he has more potential , I think his problem is atitude not lack ability or potential

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Agreed mate, and that's exactly where he is at the moment. Been on the bench for a lot of the festive period, hasn't he?

Personally I'd give him another year and send him on loan for the remainder of this season. But only if his head's right. If he feels aggrieved about not playing regularly and is going to be a problem, then best to get what we can for him in this transfer window.
              No I don't think he's been on the bench much

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Spoke to a good mate who is a very close relative of a Rangers player who reckons Everton are lining up a £6m bid for Eze.

Not ITK just passing on what I heard.

Firstly I hope we don't lose him and secondly not to Everton who took Josh Bowler from us and appears to have done naff all with him.

Hoping this Adel Taarabt talk isn't to appease us should we lose Eze who is clearly a top talent.

Also mentioned Lumley is on very low wages atm understandably as he's probably still on a youth / reserve rate contract but Rangers have offered him a 'paltry' rise which he has initially declined. Lets hope we get our house in order asap as this kid is the real deal.

These kids are our future.

Don't shoot the messenger.
                Perhaps he should have a chat with Ademola Lookman and stay to develop his game where he may get regular first team action. Then again, big signing on fee, flash motor, nice house for his mum......yeah, why would any young kid have a grip on reality?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post

Perhaps he should have a chat with Ademola Lookman and stay to develop his game where he may get regular first team action. Then again, big signing on fee, flash motor, nice house for his mum......yeah, why would any young kid have a grip on reality?
                  In my opinion this is the biggest problem with football these days summed up perfectly.

Happy New Year by the way mate. Hope you guys are doing well.

Comment

• Guys you may change your mind when Wells Hemed Wsolek all leave in June
                    But we'll see eh

Comment

Agree with you mate.

Apart from anything else, you need a bit of physicality in this league. Smyth is built like a 12 year old. If he wants to be playing, he should be in the gym. He probably also needs a loan, but with 6 months left that won't be happening.
                      Lol what like if hes in the scrum at rugby or a hooker Smyth is perfectly capable of looking after himself when hes playing & quite fiery, hes a old fashioned small winger with great pace, and can handle himself, the english games gone wrong thinking that way over the last 20 odd years asin coaching & ignoring the talented small players opting for more physicality, think youre forgetting we`re on about football here not youre favorite sport rugby great little player smyth & hope we get him tied up contract wise and playing cos someone else will benefit if we lose him, the only chances he had that mac saw was when our whole team was awful at the start.
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Lol what like if hes in the scrum at rugby or a hooker Smyth is perfectly capable of looking after himself when hes playing & quite fiery, hes a old fashioned small winger with great pace, and can handle himself, the english games gone wrong thinking that way over the last 20 odd years asin coaching & ignoring the talented small players opting for more physicality, think youre forgetting we`re on about football here not youre favorite sport rugby great little player smyth & hope we get him tied up contract wise and playing cos someone else will benefit if we lose him, the only chances he had that mac saw was when our whole team was awful at the start.
                        You hit the nail on the head mate, an "old fashioned" small winger. Ain't the way the game is anymore!

Have a look at our starting line up week in, week out. Big lads all of them. Freeman is probably the smallest regular first teamer and he's close to 6ft. Have a look at any Championship side for that matter, players under 5ft 10 are very few and far between. I'm not saying that a talented smaller player can't make it, but you have to be very good, and you have to be able to handle yourself. Yeah Smyth seems to get stuck in, but he's got a teenage boy's physique. Probably as lightweight a player I've ever seen at this level. If Smyth is serious about playing regularly this is something that he absolutely should be trying to address.

Oh.......and he isn't as good as you think he is. You're clearly one of those fans that see a player score one good goal then wants to hype them up as the next big thing. Dunno who it was, but some said it earlier in this thread. The worst thing that happened to Smyth was him scoring on his QPR and Northern Ireland debuts. He'll spend the rest of his time at QPR, and with the national team dealing with totally unrealistic expectations.

Comment

• letting go of Smyth all together would be a huge mistake. great player. great potential. id sign a new long term contract then send him out on a 18month loan to a team top end of L1, hoping he can get a full championship season next year. even if he didn't get promoted, would do him good to get game time in a winning team . JN

Comment

You hit the nail on the head mate, an "old fashioned" small winger. Ain't the way the game is anymore!

Have a look at our starting line up week in, week out. Big lads all of them. Freeman is probably the smallest regular first teamer and he's close to 6ft. Have a look at any Championship side for that matter, players under 5ft 10 are very few and far between. I'm not saying that a talented smaller player can't make it, but you have to be very good, and you have to be able to handle yourself. Yeah Smyth seems to get stuck in, but he's got a teenage boy's physique. Probably as lightweight a player I've ever seen at this level. If Smyth is serious about playing regularly this is something that he absolutely should be trying to address.
                            Sorry tarbs youre talking rubbish, theres no limitations to how the game can or should be played, just because theres alot of beef cakes playing, a small fast winger/striker will always have the beating of these big players/defenders, not only is smyth a pacey winger but good uptop aswell or playing off a bigger lad, smyth is very capable and can handle himself, and the funny thing is theres more need for more smyths now seems as its fast becoming a non contact sport, imagine how did all these small wingers and players cope years ago when you had youre chopper harris tackles and kenny burns and other oldskool lump central defenders back in the day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Sorry tarbs youre talking rubbish, theres no limitations to how the game can or should be played, just because theres alot of beef cakes playing, a small fast winger/striker will always have the beating of these big players/defenders, not only is smyth a pacey winger but good uptop aswell or playing off a bigger lad, smyth is very capable and can handle himself, and the funny thing is theres more need for more smyths now seems as its fast becoming a non contact sport, imagine how did all these small wingers and players cope years ago when you had youre chopper harris tackles and kenny burns and other oldskool lump central defenders back in the day!
                              If that's true mate, why is almost every side in the Championship comprised of players in excess of 6ft?

Comment

• Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post
                                letting go of Smyth all together would be a huge mistake. great player. great potential. id sign a new long term contract then send him out on a 18month loan to a team top end of L1, hoping he can get a full championship season next year. even if he didn't get promoted, would do him good to get game time in a winning team . JN
                                This is something i dont get, why the need to loan him out, hes proved he has got what it takes, just needs chances to perform, just cos hes not one of macs choices too many are writing him off asin hes not upto it, hes perfectly upto it and hes much better than bos in my opinion, theres one that needs a loan as his controls very poor for someone who keeps getting the odd game be it as a sub, but hes not took any of it and was the same last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X