X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why though we have most of the squad without a contract in six months too

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      Just looked this up we have 16 players out of contract in June most of the first team apart from Eze and Freeman mate
      That can't be correct mate. Bidwell and Pav are definitely out of contract, but I think all the other regular starters have at least 18 months on their deals as things stand.

I'm sure it's for budgetary reasons we are doing this, and nothing else. I can't see too many positives in letting any players you want to keep slip into the last 6 months of their deals

Loads of fringe players like Sylla, Baptiste, Hall etc are definitely in their last 6 months. Shame for Hall, injury seems to have ruined him. I'm sure we can pick up other players of similar calibre as these fringe players on the cheap if needs be though. Loads of Championship sides will need to trim their squads this summer.
      Last edited by Tarbie; 04-01-2019, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Also we might have options to extend as we did Eze we don’t know the ins and outs of contracts

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
          Just looked this up we have 16 players out of contract in June most of the first team apart from Eze and Freeman mate
          Where did you see that mate?
          It takes some believing that most of the first team are out of contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I don't buy the bigger stadium = bigger revenues argument to be honest. We don't even fill Loftus Road 95% of the games. And a bigger stadium actually means larger operating costs every match day.

I'm guessing the club are expecting the additional revenues to come from concerts, international matches, other sporting events etc. But I personally don't see that being anything more than a few million quid a season.

That isn't right. Newer stadiums are more efficient so the operating costs are lower. Plus better facilities means more fans will come, just look at Brighton. Never sold out their old ground and now look at them. Of course we should still have more going now but we will average more with a new ground.

Plus we will make millions from external events held there as well. Emirates and Ethiad stadiums make a fortune from people using their grounds.

As for Smyth, it is an odd one. His attitude wouldn't be a problem I wouldn't have thought, as he is outside QPR every match day in his QPR tracksuit and having photos with fans.

Comment

IMO,going to a club like Everton would not be a good move as far as a career is concerned. He is far too raw for being thrown at the deep. Everton have a tendency to eat their players for breakfast.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post

It was in Austin's contract ,if We were relegated he could leave for £4 million
                no it wasn't we were touting him around clubs for £15M, transfer dealings of late have been awful Smithies to Cardiff for £2.5M with £500K add on was disgraceful he was worth much more

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

That isn't right. Newer stadiums are more efficient so the operating costs are lower. Plus better facilities means more fans will come, just look at Brighton. Never sold out their old ground and now look at them. Of course we should still have more going now but we will average more with a new ground.

Plus we will make millions from external events held there as well. Emirates and Ethiad stadiums make a fortune from people using their grounds.

As for Smyth, it is an odd one. His attitude wouldn't be a problem I wouldn't have thought, as he is outside QPR every match day in his QPR tracksuit and having photos with fans.
                  Designed better and as such, more efficient, I'll give you that. But larger stadiums mean larger policing costs, and the MET is the most expensive in the country. Your also looking at more security staff, more support staff in the restaurants and bars, programme sellers. etc, etc. Personally I think if you gave us a 30k seater right now, we'd have to only open 2 stands for most games in order to keep costs down.

I definitely don't buy the "build it and they will come" mindset. If the football is gash it doesn't matter if you can seat 5,000 or 50,000 thousand, people will still stay at home.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Also we might have options to extend as we did Eze we don’t know the ins and outs of contracts
                    Interestingly transfermarkt.com reckon we have an option to extend Pawel by 1 year. Not sure I trust it though because they also say Furlong is out of contract in the summer, when he signed a new contract months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Better to make an individual feel wanted and fairly compensated before they have their head turned and/or they become disillusioned..

That's all well and good but can QPR afford to spend an extra £10k a week (for arguments sake) on a player ? Especially if someone else comes in and tempts them away regardless of the increase ?

Maybe ok if we can shift others off the wage bill but until then there is no need to spend until you have to (ie when someone comes in for a player).

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

That's all well and good but can QPR afford to spend an extra £10k a week (for arguments sake) on a player ? Especially if someone else comes in and tempts them away regardless of the increase ?

Maybe ok if we can shift others off the wage bill but until then there is no need to spend until you have to (ie when someone comes in for a player).
                        Like I said mate, get him signed up as soon as FFP/cashflow allows. Having had a look at Ingram earlier this season, Lumley is one of the most important players in the squad right now in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Spurs after Hull striker for £20mil and I’ve never heard of him but he’s a kid to. Perhaps should be looking at more then £10mil

if Eze did go Chair comes in were in fortunate position
                          "never heard of him" muppet. need to wake up. one of the best players in the league . tore us apart at LR. best individual performance against us since we got relegated . advise u to keep ur mouth shut on things like this to avoid looking like a huge muppet, dinosaur. JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

"never heard of him" muppet. need to wake up. one of the best players in the league . tore us apart at LR. best individual performance against us since we got relegated . advise u to keep ur mouth shut on things like this to avoid looking like a huge muppet, dinosaur. JN

Comment

Originally posted by jamesnutt View Post

Can't work you out mate. Are you some sort of parody account? Are you on a wind up? Or is this just your natural, charming demeanour?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

which bit is funny? JN

Comment

Working...
                                X