No announcement yet.

Eze Everton interest.. Lumley deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josh Bowler went for £4m having made one sub appearance for us in a nothing game...

Eze is multiples of that price surely

Comment

Originally posted by SheepRanger View Post

Agreed - we could kiss good-bye to the play offs.
      We never said hallo to them in the 1st place

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        If I am not mistaken, Amit said some weeks ago that none of our best players will be leaving in January 2019. Instead of showing anger at a prospect of selling our best players… it seems some on here are more interested if we get a good fee… as if this is like winning promotion or a cup! We should be angry of such a prospect, not make it easy to get rid. Do we want the club to be successfull or not?
        Its all about punching above our weight now along with balancing the books.

Until such a time as increased revenue comes along, in the shape of a bigger stadium, most recognise that we will have to go back to the richard thompson days of building a player up, then flogging him for a profit.

Last season was smithes, this season it will be out of freeman or eze.

either way, 10mil for eze is not to be sniffed at and it would reduce our fine significanly
        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Hope we keep all our main squad while we're in with a sniff of the playoffs and FFP means we can't really improve or equalise the squad. We'll get the same money or more at the end of the season where their value will probably have increased if the team keeps performing and they maintain their form.

Be nice to follow this group of players all the way through the season and enjoy them. That said we've lost a few first teamers through injury and international call ups and still maintained form. Credit to SMc and his staff who have instilled a system that others can step into.

Comment

Agree to some extent, but back in Richard Thompson's day you didn't get £150M+ for getting promoted. Look at Bournemouth - they've proven you can compete with a small stadium. If we have even the slightest whiff of a chance of promotion this season then we should keep all our best players and really go for it.

Comment

Would rather see Eze go for £10m than Freeman for any price personally. He's the one we'd miss the most out of the entire squad.

As for Lumley, he's contracted to 2021 so I doubt we'd be talking about renewing anything this early.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

Until such a time as increased revenue comes along, in the shape of a bigger stadium, most recognise that we will have to go back to the richard thompson days of building a player up, then flogging him for a profit.

either way, 10mil for eze is not to be sniffed at and it would reduce our fine significanly
                This is true. Pretty much exactly what was said at the fans forum a few weeks back.
                However, promotion would immediately solve it without a new stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

This is true. Pretty much exactly what was said at the fans forum a few weeks back.
                  However, promotion would immediately solve it without a new stadium.
                  Fine isn't taken into consideration of our outgoings....

Comment

I'd say 6m quid is about 50% of what Eze should be going for in the current market. If it's 6m plus additional money based on appearances, and a sell on clause then maybe it's worth looking at, but if this rumour is true then I think Everton are trying their luck.

As a few have already pointed out, they parted with 3m for Bowler, and he'd not even kicked a ball. Maybe we can ask for Bowler back on loan as part of the deal?

For Lumley, we need to sign him up on Championship money as soon as FFP allows. He's looking like a very good keeper in the making!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post

I don't buy the bigger stadium = bigger revenues argument to be honest. We don't even fill Loftus Road 95% of the games. And a bigger stadium actually means larger operating costs every match day.

I'm guessing the club are expecting the additional revenues to come from concerts, international matches, other sporting events etc. But I personally don't see that being anything more than a few million quid a season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        For Lumley, we need to sign him up on Championship money as soon as FFP allows.
                        Why ? He's on a contract until 2021. Would only offer him more if he's offered more by someone else AND is tempted to do the off.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post

Fine isn't taken into consideration of our outgoings....
                          I meant the first bit of Hits statement, I had missed his last line but yes I agree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

We don't seem to go along with this narrative at QPR

We gave Charlie away for peanuts imho, we can’t keep letting this happen.
                            F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Why ? He's on a contract until 2021. Would only offer him more if he's offered more by someone else AND is tempted to do the off.

I disagree mate.

I work in recruitment. What you are talking about is what we call a 'counter offer'. In the vast majority of cases where individuals accept a counter offer from their current employer (in the real world), they still end up leaving within a year of accepting that counter offer.

Now I'm not saying that professional football is the real world, but human nature remains the same. Better to make an individual feel wanted and fairly compensated before they have their head turned and/or they become disillusioned.

In my opinion this kid is likely to be considered one of the best keepers in the Championship within a year or so. Let's treat him as such and try to hang onto him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I disagree mate.

I work in recruitment. What you are talking about is what we call a 'counter offer'. In the vast majority of cases where individuals accept a counter offer from their current employer (in the real world), they still end up leaving within a year of accepting that counter offer.

Now I'm not saying that professional football is the real world, but human nature remains the same. Better to make an individual feel wanted and fairly compensated before they have their head turned and/or they become disillusioned.

In my opinion this kid is likely to be considered one of the best keepers in the Championship within a year or so. Let's treat him as such and try to hang onto him.
                                I don’t agree with you over Saudi Arabia, but on this I’ll 100%agree. Give him a new one.

Comment

Working...
                                X