No announcement yet.

Eze Everton interest.. Lumley deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eze is a long way from being the finished article. Surely would end up on loan from Everton. Back to the championship in a good team- ie excactly where he is now. I fear it would be a very bad move for him. He has lots to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
      Eze is a long way from being the finished article. Surely would end up on loan from Everton. Back to the championship in a good team- ie excactly where he is now. I fear it would be a very bad move for him. He has lots to learn.
      Agree but when you have the vultures (agents) circling you're on a hiding to nothing.

Comment

If I am not mistaken, Amit said some weeks ago that none of our best players will be leaving in January 2019. Instead of showing anger at a prospect of selling our best players… it seems some on here are more interested if we get a good fee… as if this is like winning promotion or a cup! We should be angry of such a prospect, not make it easy to get rid. Do we want the club to be successfull or not?

Comment

Ridiculous. Silva is under intense scrutiny and wants tried, tested and proven players who can take them into top 6. They already have Lookman and Davies on the fringes so the idea they chuck money at Eze is not sensible. I'd suspect the handlers and agents of many of our players will be planting fake stories about interest in them over coming weeks. I remember when Villa were allegedly sniffing around Furlong after he played 2 first team games for us..... few years later he's still here.

Comment

Amit is sensible enough to know that any replacement player he can sign for 75% of Exe's wages would be 2nd Division quality.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
              Amit is sensible enough to know that any replacement player he can sign for 75% of Exe's wages would be 2nd Division quality.
              Agreed - we could kiss good-bye to the play offs.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                Also, to add, he did sign a new deal in the summer (Lumley that is...)
                He was a back up then, in fairness.

As for Eze leaving, as others have said I would keep him unless it was a higher amount. 6 million wouldn't get us too far for a replacement in the summer. His wages won't be very high so the free transfer we could bring in would be 75% of his current wages.

Has that Bowler bloke played yet? Got 4 million for him after half a game so I would be surprised if they offered so low.

Comment

David Brooks went for 13m after only 3 goals and 30 games in the championship.

James Maddison went for 24m after 15 goals and 44 games in his first season in the championship.

Hull City want 20m+ for Jarrod Bowen who is no doubt an outstanding young winger who scores plenty of goals.

This is the market for young English talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                    David Brooks went for 13m after only 3 goals and 30 games in the championship.

James Maddison went for 24m after 15 goals and 44 games in his first season in the championship.

Hull City want 20m+ for Jarrod Bowen who is no doubt an outstanding young winger who scores plenty of goals.

This is the market for young English talent.
                    We don't seem to go along with this narrative at QPR

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      We don't seem to go along with this narrative at QPR
                      But is that just because we're so bad at doing business.......or is it because of our financial predicament?

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

He was a back up then, in fairness.

As for Eze leaving, as others have said I would keep him unless it was a higher amount. 6 million wouldn't get us too far for a replacement in the summer. His wages won't be very high so the free transfer we could bring in would be 75% of his current wages.

Has that Bowler bloke played yet? Got 4 million for him after half a game so I would be surprised if they offered so low.
                        Yep, he was, but he did sign a new deal? So, technically dont need to worry, I should imagine he's just a bit ####ed now as he's probably earning £2-4k a week.

Comment

Yep, he was, but he did sign a new deal? So, technically dont need to worry, I should imagine he's just a bit ####ed now as he's probably earning £2-4k a week.
                          We should extend his contract by 2 years and double his wage.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post

We should extend his contract by 2 years and double his wage.
                            Extend yes, how much he earns not sure double is a good model?

Comment

So his pay rise would be non existent and now he is playing well he deserves a new and better contract, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

So his pay rise would be non existent and now he is playing well he deserves a new and better contract, that's all.
                                Again, not the best model?

Comment

Working...
                                X