CMF without Luongo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMF without Luongo

Away games the Cousins-Scowen tandem might work but at home games it’s not creative enough. Not sure if it is for away games either - we give the ball away to easily. Manning is a big maybe for me, so playing Freeman in the middle with Osayi-Samuel as winger would be my choice - until Mass is back.

Why change a system that is working for the player and team?

This season has seen the best of Freeman and I’d be loathe to change what he’s currently doing.

just my opinion,

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post

This season has seen the best of Freeman and I’d be loathe to change what he’s currently doing.

just my opinion,
      Understand what your saying and I partly agree, but the way we played against Reading showed what we were missing. Also Freeman wasn’t that bad last season, and the season before that as an CMF.

Comment

Bring in Manning for Cousins

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post

just my opinion,
          He's not suggesting changing the system, Awin. Just shifting personnel around a bit to accommodate for injuries and Mass....Moving Freeman into the middle if anything may get even more from him. Think most of his goals have come from central areas too.

I agree with you over the reluctance to changing an undefeated team though. So I imagine it would take a loss for such a change to happen. After the Villa game McClaren admitted concerns about the current state of the squad but said "the players keep proving me wrong" with their performances...

Comment

Manning Manning MANNING!! What is this obsession with him? Am I missing something here..

Don't get me wrong, he's a good lad and a good player who done 'OK' at Rotherham but he's not the answer and should Cameron and Luongo be back he wont even make the match day squad IMO.

Luongo for me is always slated, yet when he's gone he's rated highly. For me he's been one our best players for the last 2 years. I've said it many many times.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
              Away games the Cousins-Scowen tandem might work but at home games it’s not creative enough.
              Cousins / Scowen are no more creative than Luongo / Cameron IMO. It's a better and more solid combination but creatively it's about the same.

Our CM is a combination of ball winners and players who can pass it on to the real creative players. Would probaby put Manning in for Cousins given the choice - think he has more going forward.

Creative play out of the midfield comes from Freeman, Eze and Pavel.

Comment

When does this competition that Australia are start ??

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                  Manning Manning MANNING!! What is this obsession with him? Am I missing something here..

Don't get me wrong, he's a good lad and a good player who done 'OK' at Rotherham but he's not the answer and should Cameron and Luongo be back he wont even make the match day squad IMO.

Luongo for me is always slated, yet when he's gone he's rated highly. For me he's been one our best players for the last 2 years. I've said it many many times.

You don't seem to understand, he will be the answer until he has a couple of bad games and then he will turn into the new Jordan Cousins/Karl Henry/Scapegoat
                  That seems to be how it works on these forums.

Comment

I'm not saying he's better than Cameron or Luongo , they're both gone long term or for at least 5-6 weeks just feel he would give more to the team than Cousins, and he could play wide left and let Freeman come inside if needed

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post

I'm not saying he's better than Cameron or Luongo , they're both gone long term or for at least 5-6 weeks just feel he would give more to the team than Cousins, and he could play wide left and let Freeman come inside if needed
                      Long term? Bringing a lad back for 5 weeks suits us and that's the right thing to do, but he'll be out of the squad should he not impress pretty sharpish.

Cousins has done well recently and is one of those players who's work rate goes so unnoticed.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

You don't seem to understand, he will be the answer until he has a couple of bad games and then he will turn into the new Jordan Cousins/Karl Henry/Scapegoat
                        That seems to be how it works on these forums.
                        Is he well liked at Loftus Road on matchdays? I just wonder.

QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post

Is he well liked at Loftus Road on matchdays? I just wonder.
                          Not really but is that relevant though?

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Not really but is that relevant though?
                            You were yourself mentioning him as a scapegoat, that`s all. Sorry!!
                            Last edited by Shania; 03-01-2019, 03:34 PM.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

No obsession just know that when Manning is played in his best position (CM) he gives a different dynamic to the side that someone like Cousins or Scowen does. Would be stupid not to have recalled him IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X