No announcement yet.

Adel on way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he returns and he’s not half as good the potential is there to ruin his legendary status.

Remember one of his last outings for us after he came back from wilderness, he came on as sub, looked the size of an elephant, tried running with the ball and his legs gave way and he he fell to the ground. You could hear people in crowd laughing and I thought at that point time to go while you still have respect of most

Comment

Rather have Gary Bannister.

Comment

Absolutely loved him but that time has passed.

We have a young, extremely hard working side and as a leopard doesn't change it's spots I can't see him fitting into the dynamic of our side. It has to be all about him and we are not about that right now.

Comment

No no no. No.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Has he found the 72 bus stop yet, God help us

Comment

Or found his way out of the shisha bar. What a waste of talent. Leave well alone.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungR1 View Post
                Or found his way out of the shisha bar. What a waste of talent. Leave well alone.
                He was an ever present for the shisha XI Edgeware Rd

Comment

Didn't Warnock get the best out of Adel by letting him do whatever he wanted and by telling everyone else to get the ball to him whenever they can ?

Can't see that happening in a million years with Steve or any of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

He did go off to AC Milan and was their best player for 6 months. I remember watching this game against Atletico team that got to to the final and he was best player on pitch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7PQTEmZPuJQ

Got a 5 year deal with Benfica as one of their best paid players off the back of those 6 months. Fell out with management as he does. I’d have him back. Give him 6 months. If motivated. We would be a certainty for playoffs with him in my view.
                    He never even played one game for Benfica First IX only B team and has scored 2 goals in 28 games for Genoa before being released.Has not played a competitive game since June as nobody wants him.

Comment

This is just a nothing story, people make this stuff up to fill column inches when its all quiet on all fronts.

It's a head thing with Adel. He was class with AC but that apart very lttle elsewhere after us.

How much of a gamble it would be depends on the outlay. If he's a free agent paid appearance money only, then it would be worth seeing if we could get him match fit. He's only 29, but the return of the prodigal seldom works out.

Comment

Bring back Ravel as well

Comment

I feel that McLaren is the type of manager who could get something out of him, ...
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            I feel that McLaren is the type of manager who could get something out of him, ...
                            A discount at Greggs?

Comment

Originally posted by Route One View Post

He did go off to AC Milan and was their best player for 6 months. I remember watching this game against Atletico team that got to to the final and he was best player on pitch

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7PQTEmZPuJQ

Got a 5 year deal with Benfica as one of their best paid players off the back of those 6 months. Fell out with management as he does. I’d have him back. Give him 6 months. If motivated. We would be a certainty for playoffs with him in my view.
                              Looks like you have picked the only highlights reel of AT on the internet that doesn't show him scoring a goal or making an assist !!!

Comment

Last edited by Brian Wilson; 08-03-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X