Team for Villa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team for Villa

I think this is going to be toughest fixture we have to go. I think we need to be defensive or we will get stuffed. I’d go with:

Lumley
    furlong, BFG, Lynch, Bidwell
    cousins, Scowen
    BOS, Freeman, Pav
    Wells

Should add I think we need to rest Eze rather than think he’s done much wrong

Comment

They have only won 9 of their previous 25 games,I totally disagree that this will be our hardest game of the season

Comment

Our hardest game that is left. Which one would you say?

Comment

Hardest game left will probably be West Brom at home after the nightmare of August. Would love to win that one more than any. I would go in with the same team at Villa. Eze can be more effective on transition in away games but would love to see him get stuck in more in that little hole off of Wells. Cousins and Scowen both played well at Forest and their defensive mentality will suit an away performance. Would definitely have changes around the hour mark whatever the scoreline though

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Our hardest game that is left. Which one would you say?
            Norwich staff Utd away or even frank lampards Derby on the final day,Villa are very inconsistent ,it will be a very difficult match for us but certainly no more difficult than Leeds or forest recently

Comment

I don’t fear anyone at home. Sheffield are a big lump of a side. Villa have much more quality and an away game, will be the toughest for me

Comment

Lumley
                Furlong BFG Lynch Bidwell
                Scowen Cousins
                Wszolek Chair Freeman
                Wells

Comment

The team is out on its' legs.

Same team as Reading and lose 3-0.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                    Lumley
                    Furlong BFG Lynch Bidwell
                    Scowen Cousins
                    Wszolek Chair Freeman
                    Wells
                    Bit of a gamble starting with Ilias away to Villa. I'd rather bring him on after 60 mins (and no later) if Eze still isn't performing, or if the team is struggling. Otherwise I'd go with that team, 77.

Comment

Lumley
                      Pav cousins, Scowen Freeman
                      Wells
                      Smith

Comment

We need someone in the middle who can pass a ball. I'd give BOS a run wide, pull Freeman to the middle alongside Cousins, only because he's a bit more mobile than Scowen but not a lot to choose, and I would give Chair the support role alongside Wells. Villa probably don't know much about him so it could pay off.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                          Lumley
                          Pav cousins, Scowen Freeman
                          Wells
                          Smith
                          Only one way to play with that line up, hump it. Villa will eat that up all day. If Smith actually did what people think he does - hold the ball up or flick it on to a runner - then fine, but he doesn't. He comes in on corners and defends corners, that's about it.

Comment

We will play the same team that played Reading, I don't see anything that will change, though I would change it up, but not quite sure how. I think Eze needs a rest but last year he was MOTM against Villa at Villa so he will be in confident mood. I think BOS would be needed so we have more pace to hit on the counter.

Comment

Whilst Scowen and cousins were not great, I think moving freeman back there could leave us very exposed tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X