No announcement yet.

On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointing performance. What did Reading have apart from movement? They created nothing and Lumley had one save to make near the end. A game we should have been winning as there are plenty more difficult ones to come. Can't agree with people who think Scowen was good because he did a couple of things he's there for in the first place. His passing was awful. Cousins also very poor and didn't grab his chance. The pair of them don't make one Luongo. SMC left Eze on too long. He doesn't help defensively so it wouldn't have upset anything to give Chair a fair crack. Problems to solve before Villa. Hopefully just a blip.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      yes Westy I thought his defenceive work helped to keep us in the game , but opinions mate you look left I look right , what I can't agree with is anybody getting criticised ahead of the dire Cousins a complete waste of time ,
      Both poor but cousins showed up second halfidh at least, his passing was poo too

Comment

It seems to me if we kept a clean sheet yet didn't score at home vs a bottom side there were more issues than our defensive midfielders, Reading played well IMHO!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Reading looked decent enough Gats agree with you, far better side then I had given credit in build up.

Think in today’s football you cant really have one trick players who do one thing only as you end up with results like today as you have players such Scowen and cousins who bring nothing to the game other then breaking game up (both struggled doing that today) add in Eze strolling round the pitch and our midfield looked like it was playing with an anchor

The three of them were awful and none of them done anything of note, it’s not slating players it’s simply being honest

Comment

Scowens was in for the defencive mid fielder Cameron we kept a clean sheet , Cousins was in for the more attacking link man Luongo our forwards were starved Wells in particular
            but ten points from a possible twelve that's ####in terrible
            btw Reading created some decent chance just wasn't good enough or confident enough to put them away plus we rode our luck and defended well

Comment

Kinda shows that although Luongo is slated a lot on here he is very important to us. Whether an off game by Cousins or not it highlights how light we are as a squad in terms of quality

Comment

I thought Reading looked decent and had a lot of possession.
                last half hour we were better and created a number of decent chances. A draw was fair overall imo.

Comment

Lumley aside not one player played to the levels they have been lately. Well starved of any service today but all things considered all involved are in credit overall this season to chuck a duff game in.

Comment

I think we also have to remember that this was the first time for a very long time that Scowen and Cousins have played together.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Personally would move Scowen on at the end of the season he’s not good enough
                      I'm afraid I must agree. He frustrates more often than not. The odd good game but too many poor ones. What today proved more than anything is how crucial Luongo is to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                        I think we also have to remember that this was the first time for a very long time that Scowen and Cousins have played together.
                        If I had my way it would be a long time before it happens again, Scowen at best a basic defensive midfielder, Cousins at best, well who knows I've only ever seen poor, maybe better at right back....maybe

Comment

Just got in. First half we were miles off it, constantly torn a new one down the right hand side and was really surprised with reading who I thought had several players with pace and a physical presence(something we lack dearly in key areas). Appreciate they have the new manager who’s come in so they might be buzzing off that but on that showing they won’t be down the bottom long. Thought we were poor in the middle and a few players are running on fumes and need a rest, eze being one but I thought pav looked a bit blowey too although he can look like that most of the time if you know what I mean. Don’t remember us winning a second ball in the first half. 2nd half better but again they found some joy down the right, it was so glaringly obvious and think we should have made changes when all of a sudden we seemed to click into gear a bit. I can think of nearly half a dozen occasions in the second half when on another day we score. Nahkis blaze over, the penalty claim(seen them given but didn’t think it was), pavs one on one and Tony nearly splitting the cross bar to name a few. Add that to the one in the first half and we could have realistically matched the Ipswich score while not playing well. That’s the mark of a decent enough side and if someone had offered me 10 points from 12 I’d have taken it. Can’t help but be disappointed but I think we’ve got to be pleased with another clean sheet and step in the right direction despite being 2nd best for 70 minutes. Funny old league

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

If I had my way it would be a long time before it happens again, Scowen at best a basic defensive midfielder, Cousins at best, well who knows I've only ever seen poor, maybe better at right back....maybe
                            Yep that sums it up perfectly you can't make silk purse out of a sows ear being basic can get somethings ie Bidwell a basic defender , but today cousins didn't reach the hights of basic , our squad is what it is

Comment

The one consistent thing regarding our midfielders is that Scowen does not compliment any of them. Cousins is technically not great but does offer energy and does press the ball high up the pitch. Cousins over Scowen for me but it is all about opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Not saying they are perfect. It could an option to play Chair in front of them.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X