Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Oh Steve Maclaren, no
    subs for 89 minutes of a really poor team performance, what were u watching, the dreaded midfield pairing of Cousins and Scowen appeared,and we can only hope the Aussies get knocked out of Asia cup ASAP, Luongo was sorely missed and I have had enough of Cousins, the bloke is nearly always crap.
    Join him with Scowen and down the table we will go, cannot believe Chair and OSB did not get at least 20 minutes on the pitch.
    Reading in the main totally outpassed and outplayed us, with any sort of a decent striker the 3 points were there for the taking, however as disjointed as we were BFG hit the bar twice, first chance it was easier to score, Freeman had a screamer well saved, and Pav should have scored after a sublime through ball from Eze.
    Overall very disappointed however has still been a decent season so far.
    MOTM Freeman as he was always looking for the ball even though his team mates passing was the pits.

Totally agree mate absolutely poor pairing in midfield, not sure what the manager was thinking leaving the subs so late, we never turned up today probably to much turkey
    You Rsssssss

Comment

This is the problem with keep changing managers. Last season Smith would have come on 20 mins earlier and we would have won 2-0. Simples.

Comment

Forward passing from Scowen and Cousins was our problem but don't know if we had anyone on the bench to solve that.
        ​​​​​

Comment

I think too much is being put on Cousins/Scowen, they were sitting deep but that is on SM, I actually thought Scowen played very well defensively, we couldn't hold possession and these 2 were having to do lots of defensive work, neither of them pass from the back as well as Luongo but we know that, I'm not sure what other options we have there, maybe Hall?
          @gatorTFC

Comment

Personally would move Scowen on at the end of the season he’s not good enough

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
              I think to much is being put on Cousins/Scowen, they were sitting deep but that is on SM, I actually thought Scowen played very well defensively, we couldn't hold possession and these 2 were having to do lots of defensive work, neither of them pass from the back as well as Luongo but we know that, I'm not sure what other options we have there, maybe Hall?
              Yeah I too thought scowens had a really decent game , but Cousins for Luongo god help us ! S Mc needs to look elsewhere

Comment

Really dogs you thought Scowen was good!!! What about all the misplaced passes, him not applying any pressure on ball

Ive not been a fan of Manning coming back but watching Scowen today I would have him back in a heart beat. Really ugly effort from Scowen today

Comment

Mainly disagree to be honest. McLaren was going to make the changes posters on this thread wanted, but didn’t as the team began to gel, and almost all the near misses mentioned in the op followed as a result. reading played well, clearly getting a new manager bounce, but with a bit of luck we would have won. Our turn for the bounce to go our way at Villa.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
                    Oh Steve Maclaren, no
                    subs for 89 minutes of a really poor team performance, what were u watching, the dreaded midfield pairing of Cousins and Scowen appeared,and we can only hope the Aussies get knocked out of Asia cup ASAP, Luongo was sorely missed and I have had enough of Cousins, the bloke is nearly always crap.
                    Join him with Scowen and down the table we will go, cannot believe Chair and OSB did not get at least 20 minutes on the pitch.
                    Reading in the main totally outpassed and outplayed us, with any sort of a decent striker the 3 points were there for the taking, however as disjointed as we were BFG hit the bar twice, first chance it was easier to score, Freeman had a screamer well saved, and Pav should have scored after a sublime through ball from Eze.
                    Overall very disappointed however has still been a decent season so far.
                    MOTM Freeman as he was always looking for the ball even though his team mates passing was the pits.
                    Far too harsh IMO. Logical swap for Luongo is Cousins when Cameron is out. Cousins just isn’t in the same class but we are limited with who else can play that combatative midfield role.

The late subsi understand, we had improved from the 60th min and were largely on the front foot. I am almost certain SM didn’t want to switch it up too much and risk losing the match.

It was a fair result. 10pts from 12 and another clean sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Really dogs you thought Scowen was good!!! What about all the misplaced passes, him not applying any pressure on ball

Ive not been a fan of Manning coming back but watching Scowen today I would have him back in a heart beat. Really ugly effort from Scowen today
                      You didn't notice a couple of his saving tackles in the 1st half? No he doesn't pass as well as Luongo but I thought he was solid defensively, he was being cautious At times when he was on a yellow!
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

No gats I don’t recall him pulling off any saving challenges and I’m being genuine saying that. Refresh my memory

He spent the game giving it away, even simple passes and not engaging there midfield.

Comment

The ones that stick out for me were in the1st half, he made a long run and intercepted a pass that looked like a sure goal after a cut back from their right side!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

yes Westy I thought his defenceive work helped to keep us in the game , but opinions mate you look left I look right , what I can't agree with is anybody getting criticised ahead of the dire Cousins a complete waste of time ,

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                              reading played well, clearly getting a new manager bounce,

Our turn for the bounce to go our way at Villa.
                              Who will our manager be?

Comment

Working...
                              X