Evil Les

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The General View Post
    Awin I think CR is a great tech director but an appalling decision to be made manger
    Interested to see how you defend the JFH decision to be manager too mate
    5 years of crap but as things are now good you all suddenly have short memories
    I'm really happy how things are but Les has been shocking end of story
    At the time of JFH he had good credentials as an up and coming manager, had done well at Royal Antwerp and Burton. Turned out to be awful but at the time he was hotly rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      Anyone changed their mind now?
      Yeah I have, didn't agree with his decision not to sign Defoe back in the prem, as i think he would've given us the edge to stay up.
      But seeing this squad running their guts out for the hoops, has transported me back to days when he played.
      We never had a bad signing back then, in so much as they weren't too arrogant, to try hard.
      The essence, heart and soul of the club is back.
      Still don't like the idea of selling our best players, it's what got us relegated in 95, the start of our problems.
      But the conveyor belt is fixed, we have got a helluva u23s team hope a lot come through at Rangers

Comment

Awin I think CR is a great tech director but an appalling decision to be made manger
        Interested to see how you defend the JFH decision to be manager too mate
        5 years of crap but as things are now good you all suddenly have short memories
        I'm really happy how things are but Les has been shocking end of story
        Let’s not forget what an appalling mess the club was in when les took up the role and how the club looks today, right now. Jfh on paper was a decent appointment and I don’t remember hearing many complaints at the time, heindsight is a wonderful thing and in heindsight he was a poor appointment. If only we all had a crystal ball eh? Getting back to the previous point though the club were a shambles both on and off the pitch when les took over the job. In that time we’ve stabilised, remained competitive in the division(whilst being hit with the biggest fine in the history of the English game) and are now playing some good football with a solid squad who don’t cost the earth and also with a crop of young players beating the door down to break through. Am I right I’m thinking les deserves absolutely no credit for any of this? Granted he’s made mistakes but has been under immense pressure to stem the tide financially all the while. There are plenty of, much bigger football clubs that have dropped further down the pyramid and suffered far more than we have. I think we need a bit of perspective as to how tough a job stabilising qpr has been and continues to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

Let’s not forget what an appalling mess the club was in when les took up the role and how the club looks today, right now. Jfh on paper was a decent appointment and I don’t remember hearing many complaints at the time, heindsight is a wonderful thing and in heindsight he was a poor appointment. If only we all had a crystal ball eh? Getting back to the previous point though the club were a shambles both on and off the pitch when les took over the job. In that time we’ve stabilised, remained competitive in the division(whilst being hit with the biggest fine in the history of the English game) and are now playing some good football with a solid squad who don’t cost the earth and also with a crop of young players beating the door down to break through. Am I right I’m thinking les deserves absolutely no credit for any of this? Granted he’s made mistakes but has been under immense pressure to stem the tide financially all the while. There are plenty of, much bigger football clubs that have dropped further down the pyramid and suffered far more than we have. I think we need a bit of perspective as to how tough a job stabilising qpr has been and continues to be.
          Well said.

Comment

Total rubbish this I knew he was right for the job from day one , two months of optimism in four years of crap others have played their part Penrice Holloway Ramsey , but to his credit he has listened and LEARNED ,
            this sarcastic evil Les doesn't wash two months of optimism out four years in the job , while spending a lot of money watching mostly drossball isn't much of a credential

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Total rubbish this I knew he was right for the job from day one , two months of optimism in four years of crap others have played their part Penrice Holloway Ramsey , but to his credit he has listened and LEARNED ,
              this sarcastic evil Les doesn't wash two months of optimism out four years in the job , while spending a lot of money watching mostly drossball isn't much of a credential
              Against a backdrop of cutting the wage bill, threat of FFP and an erratic chairman.

No Hes not the messiah but neither is he just a very naughty boy!

Comment

Yes well put Greg However 3 shocking manger appointments cannot be overlooked really can it.
                But HeHo all good now in the Rangers camp all in the past now.
                I like Les but cannot overlook what a ####kkk up the last 5 yrs have been with him in charge.

Comment

I knew he was right for the job from day one
                  Give me a break what a load of ########

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post

Against a backdrop of cutting the wage bill, threat of FFP and an erratic chairman.

No Hes not the messiah but neither is he just a very naughty boy!
                    He's not been all bad , I would suggest you and others have another look at the generals posts about the amount of dross signed in his early windows of which only Lunogo remains all signed under the threat of FPP maybe if he had been more frugal with the crap we might have Been a bit better I saw something about the last four managers
                    Ramsey
                    JFH
                    Holloway
                    McLaren
                    Each one has better % yet each one had less to spend than his predesser

Comment

Yes well put Greg However 3 shocking manger appointments cannot be overlooked really can it.
                      But HeHo all good now in the Rangers camp all in the past now.
                      I like Les but cannot overlook what a ####kkk up the last 5 yrs have been with him in charge.
                      I just think he’s been working with a lot of contstrains mate and to have us still in the division is a small miracle when we’ve cut costs the way we have. None of us really know the inner workings of a football club but I mentioned a documentary on here a few days ago that gives a pretty good idea. Sunderland till I die, watch it! To have us operating the way we are while still competing at this level is nothing short of miraculous and I just think he deserves some degree of credit for that that’s all. It was a massive job and one that without being done properly could have seen us go to the wall

Comment

I just think he’s been working with a lot of contstrains mate and to have us still in the division is a small miracle when we’ve cut costs the way we have. None of us really know the inner workings of a football club but I mentioned a documentary on here a few days ago that gives a pretty good idea. Sunderland till I die, watch it! To have us operating the way we are while still competing at this level is nothing short of miraculous and I just think he deserves some degree of credit for that that’s all. It was a massive job and one that without being done properly could have seen us go to the wall
                        Greg don't you think a good manager the likes of Warnock or McLaren could have done the the dof as well as managing the team , and who has cut the cost and signed up the players Hoos or Les , it's wrong the way some try to elude to him as some sort of a maisiah

Comment

Don’t have anywhere near enough knowledge of his exact remit to be able to form an accurate assessment as to wether or not he has superceded expectations or fallen short. I suspect nobody else on here does either.

Seems to me that, a bit like those that voted for or against Brexit, we may all have very different opinions as to what he is and isn’t responsible for and therefore, different views as to the level of his success or failure.

The one thing that I’m pretty certain about now though, is the majority of fans appear to be far happier with the players and the on the pitch stuff than they have for an awful long time. So I guess that would indicate things are more likely to be going to plan than not.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Greg don't you think a good manager the likes of Warnock or McLaren could have done the the dof as well as managing the team , and who has cut the cost and signed up the players Hoos or Les , it's wrong the way some try to elude to him as some sort of a maisiah
                            I don’t think anyone is alluding to him as a messiah mate I just don’t get the venomous dislike for someone who’s done a pretty good job overall. The role might be seen as redundant by some and that’s cool we’ve all got different opinions. It just seems to me that we can’t possibly praise him for anything good that’s happening at rangers and that he simply must have some sort of ulterior motive and he’s just a nasty piece of work who wants nothing more that qpr to fail. He has been brought in to bring some continuity to the club and to help turn rangers into a sustainable buisiness. Hoos deserves an enormous amount of credit too but I’ve even read some morons slating him too. At the end of the day the club now is a vastly different one to the club when he walked into the role. He as well as many others deserve some credit. Just for reference I’m not saying he’s the be all and end all just that he’s done a pretty good job at what he was tasked to do

Comment

I don’t think anyone is alluding to him as a messiah mate I just don’t get the venomous dislike for someone who’s done a pretty good job overall. The role might be seen as redundant by some and that’s cool we’ve all got different opinions. It just seems to me that we can’t possibly praise him for anything good that’s happening at rangers and that he simply must have some sort of ulterior motive and he’s just a nasty piece of work who wants nothing more that qpr to fail. He has been brought in to bring some continuity to the club and to help turn rangers into a sustainable buisiness. Hoos deserves an enormous amount of credit too but I’ve even read some morons slating him too. At the end of the day the club now is a vastly different one to the club when he walked into the role. He as well as many others deserve some credit. Just for reference I’m not saying he’s the be all and end all just that he’s done a pretty good job at what he was tasked to do
                              Greg I dont thinkt posters think he's doing a bad job NOW , but it wasn't a job for a novice but he's served a five year apprenticeship and now he's grown into his job , but there was still years of dross and the feeling of not wanting to be here when going to matches , making this talk of I havent changed my mind I always thought he'd do a good job just Bo//ox

Comment

On record as saying not responsible for Holloway appointment. Others didn't work but could understand rationale. Club has been a shambles but seems to be coming through it. He deserves some credit for the part he has played in that.

Comment

Working...
                                X