Evil Les

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Just to clarify your position Les has involvement in any managers that go wrong but no say in the ones that go right??

I will make my position clear I don’t think he has any say in managers at all good or bad. He might suggest names but it’s the owners who pick, choose and hire.
    Les did have more power and did pick Ramsey and JFH. The latter was bad luck as there was every indication prior to his arrival that he was a good choice. The former, however, was just Les giving a job to his friend and possibly, some might argue, giving a job to his friend because he was black. This is completely unacceptable.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Les did have more power and did pick Ramsey and JFH. The latter was bad luck as there was every indication prior to his arrival that he was a good choice. The former, however, was just Les giving a job to his friend and possibly, some might argue, giving a job to his friend because he was black. This is completely unacceptable.

​​​​​
      So that’s a yes, he’s involved in bad but plays no part in good. Lovely being able to write the ending to the story

Comment

He isn't running a dictatorship with regards to the youth team. He will liaise with the youth team coaches and scouts and relay that information back to the board. He makes no decisions about who to sign, who to buy or who to retain.

My problem is with the grandiose job title which confuses some fans and pulls the wool over the eyes of others. He is, as I have said, a glorified Admin Assistant, who acts as a intermediary between different sections of the club. Is he good at doing that? Absolutely, but he's doing nothing that previous employees of the club haven't done or anything different from what employees of most other clubs are doing without the grand title or salary he has. It's a pointless title created to placate the support.

He is, as you say, a great figurehead for the club and one we should utilise but surely we don't need to create smoke and mirrors to have him involved in some capacity? Make him lifetime Chairman or some ######## like that.

every word mate ,
        These smiling faces you see going to and coming away from games for the last ten weeks is down to S Mc and the players , if Les has any involvement can that compensate for four years of long miserable faces and has it been worth it ?

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Of course he like the rest of the family have Spurs feelings his dad won the first double cup and league title at Spurs
          mad dog and Bradley also lean toward spurs but QPR are their first choice
          Ok. Of course, Les Allen was his father, but you know, Clive Allen and Paul Goddard were my childhood heroes. Hence my little outburst.
          QPR
          Best team in the world
          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

So that’s a yes, he’s involved in bad but plays no part in good. Lovely being able to write the ending to the story

Hang on, what do you want me to say?

The facts are that he appointed two managers and both were disasters. One was unlucky and the other was unacceptable.

He played no role in the appointment of McClaren - unless you consider asking SM would he like to be interviewed, which the board asked him to ask - so why should I give him credit for something he didn't do? Likewise, he didn't appoint Holloway so deserves no criticism for that.

If Ramsey or JFH been successful he would have received praise and the club wouldn't have removed that responsibility from him.

​​​​​​So, how can I win with you ?

Comment

That’s were we disagree you say he appoints managers I say owners do. We won’t agree so let’s draw line under it

Comment

There is no need for DOF at QPR. It serves no purpose and if anyone thinks that Les Ferdinand - with no managerial success and a solitary medal in both the English League Cup and Turkish Cup - is telling Steve Mcclaren what to do then they are deluding themselves. he also had no say in choosing McClaren beyond saying 'I think he will work for us' or not.

He did, however, have more than just an ear with the board and when he had this opportunity there is no doubt that he used it for 'jobs for the boys' and to suit a political agenda. Absolutely no doubt.at all. He will never lose my respect for what he did as a player here, but as a DOF he embarrassed himself.
                well said old.

btw, is that Gatti in your avator?
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

So how do you claim to know all this oldr or are you just assuming. Do you have contacts within the club that have confirmed all this to you first hand? And how credible are they if that is a yes. Since you've been on here your posts claim you to be a font of all knowledge. Attention seeking or truth?

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                    So how do you claim to know all this oldr or are you just assuming. Do you have contacts within the club that have confirmed all this to you first hand? And how credible are they if that is a yes. Since you've been on here your posts claim you to be a font of all knowledge. Attention seeking or truth?
                    I have never said that I was ITK or anything of that ilk. I do know people who work for the club and they do, occasionally, tell me stuff but they aren't stupid : most 'secrets' are known by so few people that it would be easy to identify anyone who passed on information.

However, you can read between the lines and although Les didn't 'appoint' Ramsey or JFH, as correctly said by West, he told the board that they should be appointed and they listened to him.

Les was quick to distance himself from the appointment of Holloway because his 'power' had been taken away from him.

It is also an open secret that the club approached McClaren about this time last year because they knew we'd need a proven manager to help us post fine . Les was merely asked to ask McClaren if he would be interested in attending an interview.

Attention seeking is for kids by the way...

Comment

Les didn't distance himself from Holloways appointment because of any power being taken away. He plainly said it was the wrong appointment even though TF wanted him. That appointment had nothing at all to do with any power Les might or might not have.

Comment

Can we still not stop slagging off staff even with the season we have had so far?
                        Isn't it just cushty to be mid table right now?
                        Les has overseen the the youth team signings, and gone scouting them too.
                        That is worth his position, along with the continuity factor.
                        He is the go between, the oil that helps the engine run smoothly the constant.
                        I don't think it's a bad thing.
                        Instead of managers coming in, and buying a new crop of players, he will be informed by
                        the DOF, that this is the squad and you have so much to spend, but most money will be made from sales.
                        So all involved know the score............Dave signing off this thread

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                          Can we still not stop slagging off staff even with the season we have had so far?
                          Instead of managers coming in, and buying a new crop of players, he will be informed by
                          the DOF, that this is the squad and you have so much to spend, but most money will be made from sales.
                          Go on. You know you want to have a moan really.

Comment

Staff are called staff because they not the boss,
                            open season
                            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                              Les didn't distance himself from Holloways appointment because of any power being taken away. He plainly said it was the wrong appointment even though TF wanted him. That appointment had nothing at all to do with any power Les might or might not have.
                              The board offered Les the chance to name who he thought should be manager TWICE. Yes, they could have told him no, but they felt giving him the 'power' (and you can dispute the semantics as much as you want) was a great way to placate the fans.

He opted for a friend because he was a friend who was black and JFH. The former is unacceptable, the latter was unlucky.

However, they did not consult him about Holloway or McClaren. He has lost that input because of his failures.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Les did not scout Eze once. Not a single time. Nor did he any other youth team player brought into the system during his tenure as DOF.

Our scouts are unknown to most for a reason: you don't have former England Internationals turning up at parks to watch kids play because, surprisingly enough, it rings alarms elsewhere.

He will speak to the youth team coaches and scouts and go back to the board with their opinions. However, as he has never scouted them personally he is incapable of offering an opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X