Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slightly worried about the rest of the season..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly worried about the rest of the season..

I'm usually quite upbeat regarding Rangers as like most I don't expect much from us but due to having such a fantastic season thus far (ignoring first few games) and the amazing job SMC has done I can't help but think what if?

What I'm worried about is this transfer embargo in January and the fact we can't bring in any real quality to cover jaded limbs, injuries, tiredness etc. A lot of our squad are very young and although done fantastic have never endured a long, gruelling championship season slog.

It would be great if we could manage to pick up a free agent or two even if slightly aged. We done ok with Angel Rangel.

Whatever happens, I'm immensely proud of this side and the management staff so if we do happen to slip away lets not be too tough on them eh? We're known to be fickle but this is a real long season for a lot of these lads.

For the first time in years I actually do believe we have our Rangers back.

I am the opposite Jimmy as I am looking forward to watch a 2nd half of the season that does not mean we are looking at results of teams around us. I agree about the tiredness and a injury here and there but that is where huge credit needs to be given to all involved who brought Wells, Hemed, Cameron and Angel to the club as all have been quality for us.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      I am the opposite Jimmy as I am looking forward to watch a 2nd half of the season that does not mean we are looking at results of teams around us. I agree about the tiredness and a injury here and there but that is where huge credit needs to be given to all involved who brought Wells, Hemed, Cameron and Angel to the club as all have been quality for us.
      I defo agree about not having to see how other teams are doing which would normally affect us, I'm more thinking we've got a flipping good side at the moment and I'd absolutely love a go at the play offs. Just think it might be a little bit to much for what we've got. Hope I'm wrong and as I said before either way I'm damn proud!

Comment

Do you know what Jimmy I am not too fussed about targeting the play offs I think we should do what we have been doing and let the others think we are crap. We have a side that is good to watch and imo exceeded expectations. I enjoy going to games now watching a team who have a go and at times play some lovely football.

Comment

Think the play offs probably beyond us but who knows I'm looking forward to the 2nd half of the season with Mac's organisation that he's got in now we may fall away a bit . but who after 4 games would expect us to be where we are now, with regard to people coming in & out , I don't think they'll be much change, would be tempted to bring Manning back with Luongo being away for so long, but I don't think Mac will change much and also his hands are tied

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Do you know what Jimmy I am not too fussed about targeting the play offs I think we should do what we have been doing and let the others think we are crap. We have a side that is good to watch and imo exceeded expectations. I enjoy going to games now watching a team who have a go and at times play some lovely football.
            Couldn't agree more mate. Maybe i'm just greedy!

Comment

I’m not to fussed about the January window as long as we don’t lose any key personal. I imagine the likes of Sylla and possiblely Goss will be sold but as long as no one else is I think we’ll be fine.

I thought we weren’t allowed to bring in any players in January, but if we’re allowed free agents I wouldn’t mind picking up a player or two seeing as our last two freebies, Baptiste and Rangel, have done pretty well.
              Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Not at all mate! After the first home game a pal said to me would you take 4th from bottom now and my reply was absolutely. We have exceeded expectations and playing the game the right way so for me could not be happier with the team.

Comment

Given some of the sides that are in or around the playoff spots at the moment you would have to say we have a chance.
                  I will be disappointed if we don't finish above Boro, Sheff Utd and Forest on what I have seen recently for instance.
                  Like a lot on here though I probably dare not begin to believe. After all it is QPR and there is usually something bad just around the corner eh!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                    Given some of the sides that are in or around the playoff spots at the moment you would have to say we have a chance.
                    I will be disappointed if we don't finish above Boro, Sheff Utd and Forest on what I have seen recently for instance.
                    Like a lot on here though I probably dare not begin to believe. After all it is QPR and there is usually something bad just around the corner eh!
                    Haha It's terrible to think like that but its just how we're programmed Isn't it! ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                      The problem with us is that we like the bananaskin better than the banana..

QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Yeah the key is not getting carried away. Mid table is a great achievement but who knows maybe we can flirt with the playoffs and end up finishing 6th, you just never know....

One game at a time is the only way to go, I would defiiitl t get Manning back as he’s a similar player to Mass, left footed centre mid, so would be a good replacement for the next 6 weeks or so. I’m not convinced 2 from Cousins/Scowen/Cameron is the answer....

Comment

Working...
                        X