Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real truth about the Rangers Team and Squad

FACTS

Always very talented and brought in or signed up very young. Eg Cousins, Furlong, Eze, Lumley, Bidwell, Luongo, Scowen, Hall, etc.
    Have actually been slowly maturing gradually into a decent team over the last two or three years.
    A good job by Holloway to bring in youth, keep us up just and steady the ship. Whatever others say.
    Steve McClaren arrival to take this team forward and improve results and style of play, organisation etc.
    Great loan signings ALL successful and adding to and complimenting what we have.

THIS SEASON
    Being played down in my view my board and management big time, but we ARE on current form definitely on course for play offs.
    Why? Well ignoring first 4 losses since then 20 games 11 wins 4 draws 5 defeats and 37 points. Almost an average of 2 points per game.
    If we continue this championship winning form the. We accumulate an extra 44 points for a total of 78 points.
    Take last season Middlesbrough were 5th with 76 points.
    And if we beat Reading we have 40 points so 12 more wins should do it, take a look at our remaining fixtures and you’ll find those possibilities quite easily.

FACTORS
    Consistency of course
    Few injuries
    Team Selection stable
    EZE comes back to form, Hall back playing, Chair given opportunities
    Good January and Luongo back Feb
    Three loan players recover from injuries for Feb and run in
    We don’t lose our bottle lol!

VERY IMPORTANT - Ilias Chair last season and yesterday demonstrated that he will match Eze and could be a very very top player. Look at videos of his contributions last season and this. Early signs not totally disimilar in my view of a very very young Eden Hazard lol same build style and mighty football brain. Take my word for it he could possibly be the real deal. And he is from Belgium too!

Hapoy New Year all.

Leadham

Very well put and I fully agree.
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Good post leadham and totally agree, great foundations in place for mac to build on and so far so good
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Agree on where we are now in the main. However Ollie was a debacle we got away with. Can't even seem to get a League One job now which says it all! SM massive step up. If we had not changed manager suspect we would be a good 10 places worse off and doubt, as an example, Freeman would have signed a new contract.

Things good though, best since Warnock days in my view. If played right should improve further once we are free of FFP after this season. Makes for much nicer weekends!

Comment

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
          FACTS

Always very talented and brought in or signed up very young. Eg Cousins, Furlong, Eze, Lumley, Bidwell, Luongo, Scowen, Hall, etc.
          Have actually been slowly maturing gradually into a decent team over the last two or three years.
          A good job by Holloway to bring in youth, keep us up just and steady the ship. Whatever others say.
          Steve McClaren arrival to take this team forward and improve results and style of play, organisation etc.
          Great loan signings ALL successful and adding to and complimenting what we have.

THIS SEASON
          Being played down in my view my board and management big time, but we ARE on current form definitely on course for play offs.
          Why? Well ignoring first 4 losses since then 20 games 11 wins 4 draws 5 defeats and 37 points. Almost an average of 2 points per game.
          If we continue this championship winning form the. We accumulate an extra 44 points for a total of 78 points.
          Take last season Middlesbrough were 5th with 76 points.
          And if we beat Reading we have 40 points so 12 more wins should do it, take a look at our remaining fixtures and you’ll find those possibilities quite easily.

FACTORS
          Consistency of course
          Few injuries
          Team Selection stable
          EZE comes back to form, Hall back playing, Chair given opportunities
          Good January and Luongo back Feb
          Three loan players recover from injuries for Feb and run in
          We don’t lose our bottle lol!

VERY IMPORTANT - Ilias Chair last season and yesterday demonstrated that he will match Eze and could be a very very top player. Look at videos of his contributions last season and this. Early signs not totally disimilar in my view of a very very young Eden Hazard lol same build style and mighty football brain. Take my word for it he could possibly be the real deal. And he is from Belgium too!

Hapoy New Year all.

Leadham

Great post.

Comment

Comment

We simmering nicely
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Good post.
                Hard to disagree with any of it including the Ian Holloway bit.

Comment

Very well thought out, I don't disagree with any of that!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

The real truth is quite simple actually - we now have a manager who organises a team properly instead of 'the weekly shake up and see what happens'. And this myth about youth....yes, we saw some young guys selected but it was in one week and out the next. That is not a youth policy. Does anyone honestly think that Eze would be playing every week under Ian History? I'm fed up with reading threads that somehow want to give him some credit for where SMC has got us. And can we forget IH/SMC comparisons please? There is no comparison.

Comment

I'm with Alan here.

If Ollie did such a great job why was he fired and why was his record w26 l44? Awful record.

as for the kids, it was only when the board asked Ramsey into the dugout did we see the kids come in. My guess it was at this point that the decision to fire Ollie at the end of season had been made.

cheers for your time Ollie and your effort, but we're finally moving on the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Agree on where we are now in the main. However Ollie was a debacle we got away with. Can't even seem to get a League One job now which says it all! SM massive step up. If we had not changed manager suspect we would be a good 10 places worse off and doubt, as an example, Freeman would have signed a new contract.

Things good though, best since Warnock days in my view. If played right should improve further once we are free of FFP after this season. Makes for much nicer weekends!
                        You are never free of FFP and the last of the parachute payments will make this worse. The only thing in our favour is that it will hit quite a few clubs next year. For once we are ahead of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

You are never free of FFP and the last of the parachute payments will make this worse. The only thing in our favour is that it will hit quite a few clubs next year. For once we are ahead of the game.
                          Y'know what Davie, I have a funny feeling there are a few clever lawyers out there that we didn't find. They made an example of us because we got away with something before. I reckon it will get challenged, watered down and eventually get forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                            I'm with Alan here.

If Ollie did such a great job why was he fired and why was his record w26 l44? Awful record.

as for the kids, it was only when the board asked Ramsey into the dugout did we see the kids come in. My guess it was at this point that the decision to fire Ollie at the end of season had been made.

cheers for your time Ollie and your effort, but we're finally moving on the right direction.
                            Awful record or not towards the end of his stint he was starting to do well, and as for the kids and alans comment about eze, had pointed last season around feb time ollie stating he was going to build the teamaround eze, been here before but ill get that link again as proof, so kind of debunks about alans comment about eze & bakes for not being ollies idea about using the youngsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                              The real truth is quite simple actually - we now have a manager who organises a team properly instead of 'the weekly shake up and see what happens'. And this myth about youth....yes, we saw some young guys selected but it was in one week and out the next. That is not a youth policy. Does anyone honestly think that Eze would be playing every week under Ian History? I'm fed up with reading threads that somehow want to give him some credit for where SMC has got us. And can we forget IH/SMC comparisons please? There is no comparison.
                              People also get fed up of youre view of things aswell, so a 2 sided coin alan!

Sorry this was wrote in jan 2nd 2017 and build the attack around eze not team

https://www.mylondon.news/sport/foot...build-14102223

Comment

Working...
                              X