What should our goal be rest of season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should our goal be rest of season

Started off I’m sure wanting to stay up, especially after the start, but given where we’re sat what would a realistic expectation be??

Reading next up and we could find ourselves in the play off positions going into the new year. Can’t sign anyone in jan window but will that actually act as a benefit or a hinderance

Would simply staying up be classed as a success this season given our position

I think we should aim for highest possible finish and if we make it into the play-offs we should go for it. If we show intent and finish high people will want to sign for us and success will naturally follow.

Comment

Play to win every game including Leeds in the cup and see where it takes us. Who knows we might make the playoffs but worse case I think we’ll finish top half which is also good progress.

Comment

As silly as this may sound, I think we should enjoy ourselves & simply play with flair & confidence
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          What should our goal be rest of season?
          Well I think the automatic spots are unrealistic now, so I'd settle for a play-off spot.

But seriously, I see no reason why we shouldn't aim for the play-offs. Always better to aim high and keep a winning mentality, especially in this league where potentially anyone can beat anyone, on any given day. Saying that, I don't expect us to finish in the top 6, but I certainly think it's achievable!

Comment

Where you think we will finish stan??

Comment

That 8yd x 8ft white oblong thingy in their half. Hit it time and time again. Forget about playoffs, mid table, relegation, complacency and all the rest.

Comment

Oh, and protect our one too.

Comment

Keep doing what we're doing, we have a manager who has us well organized, I think we're punching above our weight considering the squad hasn't got the depth of some of the big spenders in this division, time will tell as injuries and absences (Luongo) add up! I will be pleasantly surprised if we stay in the play off hunt, I just want to be entertained and see the players continue to put the effort in then let the chips fall as they may!
                  @gatorTFC

Comment

I think our aim should be giving those aiming for a playoff spot a hard time getting it. If it means snatching a top 6 so be it. The pressure aint on us.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Where you think we will finish stan??
                      I think that's very difficult to predict until the January window shuts mate, as we won't know until then how much other teams will have strengthened their squads by comparison to ours (knowing that we will be more restricted this window). But saying that, I think we have one of the best managers in the league which counts for a helluva lot, and as such he is capable of getting a lot more out of players than your average manager, not to mention great tactical nous and work done on the training ground. So too many variables to be able to confidently answer that question right now but, as I say, I think a top 6 place is certainly achievable for us.

What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                        I think our aim should be giving those aiming for a playoff spot a hard time getting it. If it means snatching a top 6 so be it. The pressure aint on us.
                        Yep, exactly how I feel as like many others I was preparing for a battle to stay in the division, this all seems like a bonus, we have nothing to lose, it makes watching the matches the much more fun!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Like you say stan Jan will be interesting especially as we won’t be participating. My guess is we will continue as we have win a few lose a few but will be there or thereabouts

Comment

Play offs.

Comment

No reason we can’t get 1 or 2 players in as long as we can get a few out such as goss and Sylla .

Comment

Working...
                              X