Fight in West Paddock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight in West Paddock

anyone know what happened? I saw it on TV, some guy throwing punches and security trying to get him out. It was around 16:20 so half way through second half.

Yeah, it was on the 63rd minute of the match. I do not know what happened but the security was disgustingly poor & some just stood there & did nothing

Shocking
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Last edited by Brian Wilson; 08-03-2019, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Yeah or a depressed Ipswich fan....

Comment

Does anyone know more about this or see it happen?
          Under Les Ferdinand:
          And many more mistakes

Comment

Last season it would have been a fight to get out

Comment

People fighting at Xmas. Standard.

Comment

Is 63rd minute significant? Is it one of those tribute things some clubs do, y'know... a round of applause at every game at a certain time to honour a deceased legend? Maybe we have to have a punch up in the 63rd minute to show solidarity with a banned hoolie?

Comment

Yes unfortunately I was very close to the incident. Drunk guy in his 50s got absolutely battered by some younger bloke, probably half his age. Didn’t see exactly what started it but apparently the older guy was being annoying and kept touching him during the game. I have no reason to disbelieve this as he was drunk and behaving as such, although he appeared harmless from what I had seen. The reaction from the young bloke and the level of violence shown was completely over the top and unwarranted. The drunk guy was in no position to defend himself and took at least half a dozen vicious punches in the face. There was a fair bit of blood and his nose looked in bad way, most likely broken. As the earlier poster said, the stewards response was unbelievably poor and they didn’t seem to have any idea how to the handle the situation. I would have thought that trying to keep the two apart would have been the priority but it didn’t appear so. They were struggling to restrain the aggressor who was clearly intent on doing further serious harm. Both guys were eventually removed from the paddock and the police arrived shortly after. It was very unpleasant for me and those around to witness, including my wife and daughter. I’m afraid to say, I actually felt ashamed to be a QPR fan, on a day when our team again did us proud with another good performance and 3 points.

Comment

Thanks for explaining Bobbyzee
                    Under Les Ferdinand:
                    And many more mistakes

Comment

Not good at all, Bobbyzee. The bits I did see on the TV told me that security were slow in dealing with it as the younger guy kept going back for more. Cheers for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyzee View Post
                        Yes unfortunately I was very close to the incident. Drunk guy in his 50s got absolutely battered by some younger bloke, probably half his age. Didn’t see exactly what started it but apparently the older guy was being annoying and kept touching him during the game. I have no reason to disbelieve this as he was drunk and behaving as such, although he appeared harmless from what I had seen. The reaction from the young bloke and the level of violence shown was completely over the top and unwarranted. The drunk guy was in no position to defend himself and took at least half a dozen vicious punches in the face. There was a fair bit of blood and his nose looked in bad way, most likely broken. As the earlier poster said, the stewards response was unbelievably poor and they didn’t seem to have any idea how to the handle the situation. I would have thought that trying to keep the two apart would have been the priority but it didn’t appear so. They were struggling to restrain the aggressor who was clearly intent on doing further serious harm. Both guys were eventually removed from the paddock and the police arrived shortly after. It was very unpleasant for me and those around to witness, including my wife and daughter. I’m afraid to say, I actually felt ashamed to be a QPR fan, on a day when our team again did us proud with another good performance and 3 points.
                        I just found him so alluring, and he was wearing Lynx Africa!!.........

Comment

On the plus side,if he that drunk it won't hurt till today
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Odds that the chap who got put on his Arris was Pinkie?!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I just found him so alluring, and he was wearing Lynx Africa!!.........

Hope the hooter isn’t too bad Dave
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                              X