On my way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my way home

Can’t complain, another win and a clean sheet, however for the most part today was very flat, well taken goals and at times good movement, at times though it was a turgid affair and a flat atmosphere.
    MOTM for me was Furlong, won every header and defended brilliantly, BFG solid as a rock and Freeman, Wells and Pav worked hard.
    Eze for me needs a break, today a couple of flashes of genius, however the match in the main passed him by.
    Was a credit to the club today to have 5 first teamers in the game from the youth setup, Young Chair looks a fine prospect.
    lastly a word about Ipswich, looked a shocking team and I fear that they could go down,not sure why they are in such a mess and I hope they can stay up, on today’s showing I’m not sure they will.

I can't disagree with any of that, thanks for your report, that's how it looked on the big screen!
    @gatorTFC

Comment

Yeah sums it up said to a fella after we were rarely out of second gear

Comment

I watched it on the sky red button, really Weird withNo commentary.
        i agree it did seem a bit flat, and Eze Definitely needs resting, I’ve thought that in the last couple of games, Luxury player in this division.
        Still very happy 3 points and Another clean sheet, bring on the Fakes.
        F*CK OFF CHELSEA WEST LONDON IS OURS!

Comment

Originally posted by northampton rs View Post
          i agree it did seem a bit flat, and Eze Definitely needs resting, I’ve thought that in the last couple of games, Luxury player in this division.
          Nah never a luxury player a very good young player that's played a lot of football , could see Otteh getting the nod over him on Saturday tho buddie

Comment

Originally posted by northampton rs View Post
            same here, all the trains were cancelled today and i was cba and too hungover to drive! i don't think we need to drop eze though, hes still only 20 years old and oozes talent but hes still pretty raw. the only way to refine him is by giving him more experience. for me its a case of its not broken so why fix it? we're having a great season so far and eze has played his part, sure he goes missing sometimes but he has a few edge of your seat moments every game and we haven't suffered so far from him going missing yet but we've all seen him go missing for 10 minutes only to suddenly pull off an amazing pass out of no where.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
              Can’t complain, another win and a clean sheet, however for the most part today was very flat, well taken goals and at times good movement, at times though it was a turgid affair and a flat atmosphere.
              MOTM for me was Furlong, won every header and defended brilliantly, BFG solid as a rock and Freeman, Wells and Pav worked hard.
              Eze for me needs a break, today a couple of flashes of genius, however the match in the main passed him by.
              Was a credit to the club today to have 5 first teamers in the game from the youth setup, Young Chair looks a fine prospect.
              lastly a word about Ipswich, looked a shocking team and I fear that they could go down,not sure why they are in such a mess and I hope they can stay up, on today’s showing I’m not sure they will.
              Thanks for the summary Romford. Wasn't at the game today and won't be on Saturday. Always check your reviews even if I've been at the game and generally agree with you.

Comment

Agree with the OP. We weren't brilliant but to be honest we didn't need to be. Ipswich are atrocious, on par with Middlesbrough as one of the worst sides I've seen at LR this season.
                I'm ok with a flat performance if we're still turning a team over like that.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Sign of a good side is still winning and picking up points when below par. Last season I suspect that’s a bore draw

Comment

Good little cameo from Chair and thought Oteh looked lively. Would like to see Chair in against fakes, livened up the pace when he came on and give Eze a rest on bench

Comment

Originally posted by Artful View Post
                      Good little cameo from Chair and thought Oteh looked lively. Would like to see Chair in against fakes, livened up the pace when he came on and give Eze a rest on bench
                      Here here
                      I think chair is a more natural replacement for the eze position whereas Oteh is a forward & who did look lively

Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

We must have come a long way for people to be feeling underwhelmed after a comfortable three nil home win.
                        Eze needs a good performance of a goal or maybe a rest but to call him a luxury player is astonishing.
                        I really enjoyed yesterday although it was one sided and I'm glad we found a way to get there despite the national railways.

Comment

Decent match I thought.

we had flat spells, especially first 20 of the second half but we had them at arms length throughout and always looked like we could score.

comfortable 3 points. Perfect.

Comment

I've heard it all Eze goes missing a luxury player he's a threat that opposition has to worry about because he always has the beating of their defenders , makes space , wins free kicks , he played as well as anybody yesterday what did Luongo do apart from a couple of flashes that made punters sit up , nobody was particularly outstanding yesterday but all certainly did enough

Comment

Thought Eze put in more effort yesterday and was not shirking tackles.Also must have been giving Lynch a few lessons after that little second half run.

Comment

Working...
                              X