Bidwell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidwell

We have many players out of contract at the end of this season, one is Jake Bidwel. He expressed his disappointment recently that no new terms is being offered. He is no Carlos Alberto, however, he is honest, hard working and a typical championship player. There are others important players that will be 'free agents' by the end of the aeason. I assume SM knows pretty well who he wants to keep and who's not in his plans. What I hate to happen is another Ned and Jack all over again.

Bidwell has done ok but maybe he is on a decent wage and McLaren might think there are better options out there come the summer , I think lynch would fall into the same category.

Comment

Think the situation with ned and Robinson were very different as they were on prem money. Bids and pav both signed after the club had started to cut their cloth. Can see them both being offered new deals in the new year. Pavs the important one for me but bidwells also done very well. Would like to keep both

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        We have many players out of contract at the end of this season, one is Jake Bidwel. He expressed his disappointment recently that no new terms is being offered. He is no Carlos Alberto, however, he is honest, hard working and a typical championship player. There are others important players that will be 'free agents' by the end of the aeason. I assume SM knows pretty well who he wants to keep and who's not in his plans. What I hate to happen is another Ned and Jack all over again.
        We are lucky to be rid of both. Especially Nervous Ned. We look much better defensively without him, and who needs jack Robison when you´ve got Tony Leistner?

https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

What happend to Ned and Jack they moved on and it was good business to let them , the proof is in the pudding they haven't been missed

Comment

I think that Ned playing in America tells me money was priority No. 1 for him
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
              I think that Ned playing in America tells me money was priority No. 1 for him
              Yep. As it is with so many of these boys, football should be the motivator but it isn’t anymore. Same with jack. We are best off withought them both, Ned was bang average in my opinion and jr played 1 season in 4. Can’t be bad for 20 bags a week

Comment

Not sure we'll need Bidders in the Premiership next season.

Comment

Another solid game today.

Comment

I have been deeply unimpressed with Bidwell since we signed him but I have to concede that in recent months he has played well. I was unaware of his contract situation and the cynic in me now thinks he's only pulling his finger out to earn a new deal or a move.
                    if he got a new contract I'd be worried he'd revert to his previous bang-average performance level safe in the knowledge he's sat on a comfy new deal. I'd therefore be happy to let his current deal expire and replace him with a more dynamic and motivated player..... He's not the sort of player I feel we need to build around or jump through hoops to keep.

Comment

He works hard and doesnt give up, but is clearly not that good. His delivery into the box is so bad, comically bad in fact, but I like him.

Comment

Played well today. In fact I like the look of our whole back line at the moment. Hopefully we lose none of them in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                          He works hard and doesnt give up, but is clearly not that good. His delivery into the box is so bad, comically bad in fact, but I like him.
                          I think it's more accurate to describe it as inconsistent. Sometimes he provides excellent crosses. Just needs to improve his hit rate a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                            Not these days, but I agree they used to be..

QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Working...
                            X