Olive branch - FAO Pinkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olive branch - FAO Pinkie

Hi Pinkie. First of all I would personally like to welcome you back to the forum. Secondly, a lot has been said and done over this entire sorry saga, and I will be the first person to hold my hands up and say that things could have been handled better. I believe that mistakes have been made all round by all parties concerned i.e. myself, Brighton, Fraggy, MYU and Pinkie - in no particular order. At the end of the day we're all only human and hence we all make mistakes.

I know you feel you've been wronged, but others involved feel the same way too mate. However I believe most of that has been caused more by communication breakdowns and errors than anything else. Much of this is also to do with the limitations of handling such matters in a virtual world. I am positive if this had all taken place in a real world environment then it would have been resolved far more quickly and easily (e.g. round a pub table over a few beers).

The main perceived issue at the time was - and I think you'll probably disagree with this bit - is that you had a tendency last season to jump on virtually every thread and post that would be critical of Ollie and keep ardently defending him. People naturally noticed this and responded in the way they do on football forums, and is why you were invariably at the centre of all these rows. This is basically all I was trying to get across to you in the emails, but I fully admit I could have handled the communication there better and more diplomatically. Again, human error.

Regarding my personal views on Ollie, if you recall when he was first appointed I was actually quite happy about it. He had won me over in his early interviews and I believed his record at Championship level still stood up. So I went into the season with real hope and optimism. There were also several occasions where I actually backed up and agreed with a lot of your posts early on in the season, and we got on pretty well if you remember.

It was only a couple of months into the season when my views on the manager started to change based on what I was witnessing on the pitch every week. You obviously kept the faith with him though and it was at that point that we began having disagreements on the subject, as you did with many other posters. However what I of course do is respect the fact that you hold another view, as well as your right to hold it.

I shall stop rambling now before this post gets too boring for others, but that is really the gist of what I wanted to communicate to you today. The only reason I haven't entered this debate up to now is because I honestly didn't think I could offer anything on the subject that would help matters, until this post. Not to take sides or because I have anything to hide. So I have kept my own counsel.

I know that intrinsically you're not a bad person, and neither are the rest of us, and more importantly we are all R's fans, so I really think for that reason more than any other we should be able to rise above this. I sincerely hope that we can bury this hatchet and hope that you can now accept this genuine olive branch which I am extending to you. Life really is far too short and precious for such petty squabbles, I hope you would agree.

You R's.

Cheers,

Stan

Good grief. Pinkie reminds me of an Asterix character I recall from long ago..

Asterix-Roman-Agent-int.jpg
    Last edited by Hubble; 19-12-2018, 03:30 PM.

Comment

For #### Sake, someone was subjected to a few naughty words on the Internet....

There are other QPR forums if someone doesn't like this one.

Pinkie, on behalf of everyone else, get a ####ing life .

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Yes, that should help things nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by OldR View Post

Yep thats me off to LoftForWords

Over and out

Comment

Bye Roberto. Just as we were all warming to you.

giphy-downsized.gif

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post

Yes, that should help things nicely.

Comment

Like a bunch of children on here.

Comment

As someone who prefers to observe rather than contribute when friendly discussion escalates, I applaud Stan for a very well thought through piece. This morning I had the misfortune to listen to a discussion on 5 live with a group of Man U fans. I thought My car radio had re-tuned itself as I had to suffer the pathetic whinings of a bunch of spoiled, glory hunters who simply didn’t understand what being a football supporter is all about. We are QPR. We have something that only a tiny number of Man U fans can aspire to - a relationship that is genuine, means something and is tangible. A timely reminder that, whatever we are and wherever we are, we share something special. So how about we try to avoid clever, but hurtful instant responses, value what we’ve got, and think about how pitiful those Man U acolytes are compared to ALL of us, and yes, in this context, that includes you Mr Gove. You R’s!

Comment

members on here wont need to buy a big pack of xmas cards to send on here lol
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Fair play Stan, nobody can say you haven’t tried.
                      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                      Will Danaher

Comment

What I want to know, is Pinkie, Fraggy’s older or younger brother?

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post

Yep thats me off to LoftForWords

Over and out
                          F**kin ell really??.....I'd rather put my ######## in a microwave than
                          put up with that #### clive and his #### licking baboon bazza in the loft, a real ####
                          in fact the biggest #### c**ty #### #### you will ever meet
                          good luck in that swamp

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                            Like a bunch of children on here.
                            Shut it............farty pants!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

F**kin ell really??.....I'd rather put my ######## in a microwave than
                              put up with that #### clive and his #### licking baboon bazza in the loft, a real ####
                              in fact the biggest #### c**ty #### #### you will ever meet
                              good luck in that swamp
                              In two minds then?

Comment

Working...
                              X