Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Ollie do better at Forest with this squad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Funny you should say that as macs thrown hom up a couple of times, but how stupid just like ollie doing when they was chasing a game, a tad doh hey lol
    I’ve mocked you before and you’ve had a go back but life is too short so serious (as in I’m not taking the #### rather than serious serious but you know what I mean) question for you. I loved Ollie as a player and the first time he was manager....but don’t think he deserved the job nor was that good the second time. What is it about him during his second spell that makes you so keen on him?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post

I’ve mocked you before and you’ve had a go back but life is too short so serious (as in I’m not taking the #### rather than serious serious but you know what I mean) question for you. I loved Ollie as a player and the first time he was manager....but don’t think he deserved the job nor was that good the second time. What is it about him during his second spell that makes you so keen on him?
      I agree james lifes is too short, the second time he was picking up the pieces from mismagement from before especially under jfh, as our confidence was very fragile, when you pick up from the state we was in, its never going to be instant, and towards the end he did very well giving us the old rangers back with hardly any money spent on signings, personally think he left us in a much better place than when he took us over, and gave the youngsters the chance to play, its been said before but hes won promotion a couple of times out of this league so deserves a damn sight more respect than hes getting on here, he loves rangers and he brought his passion back into the club wether you like him or not, macs done ok so far but hes certainly not a tactical genuis and just keeps it simple and organised more keeping shape etc, one of ollies downfalls ands been said on here plenty of times is when things have been going well he has that habit of changing things when it didnt need doing, hes just always progressive in thinking and ideas but thats his undoing, but at the end of the day he left us 16th with some decent performances with the youngsters and hes a rangers legend in my eyes and a right character, something on here that some dont seem to like, characters that is.
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

serious question for you.
        Don't encourage him.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Don't encourage him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

I agree james lifes is too short, the second time he was picking up the pieces from mismagement from before especially under jfh, as our confidence was very fragile, when you pick up from the state we was in, its never going to be instant, and towards the end he did very well giving us the old rangers back with hardly any money spent on signings, personally think he left us in a much better place than when he took us over, and gave the youngsters the chance to play, its been said before but hes won promotion a couple of times out of this league so deserves a damn sight more respect than hes getting on here, he loves rangers and he brought his passion back into the club wether you like him or not, macs done ok so far but hes certainly not a tactical genuis and just keeps it simple and organised more keeping shape etc, one of ollies downfalls ands been said on here plenty of times is when things have been going well he has that habit of changing things when it didnt need doing, hes just always progressive in thinking and ideas but thats his undoing, but at the end of the day he left us 16th with some decent performances with the youngsters and hes a rangers legend in my eyes and a right character, something on here that some dont seem to like, characters that is.
            No doubt he loves the club and did a better job than JFH, who was worse than rubbish....great public speaker apparently though ...earned a few quid doing that I hear. But back to Ollie, he is a character but for me, you can be a character without acting up or trying to make People laugh. As a manager I think you need to be pretty level headed and consistent in what you do otherwise you can’t really be helping squad develop can you? Also, what do you mean by getting our rangers back? When qpr fans say that it means we should accept mediocrity.

And yes Ollie has a decent managerial record but recently that had fallen away somewhat. So, I was very surprised that we wanted him. I do agree that he brought through the youngsters but initially that was due to injuries. He did also make some good signings eg Freeman, who is an absolute steal at what 300k.

Comment

No doubt he loves the club and did a better job than JFH, who was worse than rubbish....great public speaker apparently though ...earned a few quid doing that I hear. But back to Ollie, he is a character but for me, you can be a character without acting up or trying to make People laugh. As a manager I think you need to be pretty level headed and consistent in what you do otherwise you can’t really be helping squad develop can you? Also, what do you mean by getting our rangers back? When qpr fans say that it means we should accept mediocrity.

And yes Ollie has a decent managerial record but recently that had fallen away somewhat. So, I was very surprised that we wanted him. I do agree that he brought through the youngsters but initially that was due to injuries. He did also make some good signings eg Freeman, who is an absolute steal at what 300k.
              What do i mean by having our rangers back! Meaning the team and players wanting to play for the shirt and with proper passion, something that had been missing for a few years, i would of thought thats obvious james tbh, as for a character james thats his personality and not something you change, back in the day the game was full of characters, and a much better place for it, its meant to be about entertainment, take all youre characters out and the place becomes a duller place, bit simular to here

Comment

Also, what do you mean by getting our rangers back? .
                Don't encourage him.

Comment

Er. No.

Comment

Working...
                  X