Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The test of macs managerial qualities starts from today.....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

Bobby Dunc got banned a while back and Powerrangers posted yesterday.
    Paranoid much?
    Just finished reading all this.........me paranoid?Like I said, hardly. And I was right to be unconvinced it seems? Now, if only we could forget Ian History and take the view that kangaroo has posted we could get back to opinions about football and funny banter.
    Last edited by Alanwycombe; 17-12-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• The Cameron tackle was actually after play had stopped and they had been given a free kick. Was nasty challenge

Comment

• Originally posted by Awin View Post

Sorry Pinkie but there is no proof of that. When Brighton asked for evidence none has been forthcoming, even MYU’s post hasn’t given any further clarity.
        Seriously what are you on about no proof??? Myus told you brighton undeleted a post i deleted to then ban me straight after when i said stan likes a edit!! There is proof which as myu has already said proves there was edits which had been denied, which will prove that i havnt lied about jackshite and will put some eggs on faces with a few who are shooting off, but the jist im getting on here even with evidence wouldnt make a jot of difference as blind eyes are getting turned, soo much for clarity and being transparent as that doesnt suit on here.No doubting myu will be back on to prove things
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          Here's my take...

Important to say this first as I may not have all the details.- I wasn't involved in a lot of the conversation around this matter as I think much of it happened on the whatsapp group that I'm not part of.

1) Stan (I think) gave Pinkie a temporary ban for perceived trolling. I think this should have been a group vote and that no mod should ban someone on their own (unless it was a really serious matter that needed to be dealt with urgently)
          2) I don't believe there was any malicious intent from Brighton or Stan to get try goad Pinkie. The link edit was a broken link, simple as that. It happens, I know myself from copy and pasting. The idea that Stan or Brighton went in and edited the link is ridiculous and if MYU or anyone else has any proof then lets see it. No more nonsense about advance log files.
          3) Pinkie, I liked you as a poster but now you have a massive chip on your shoulder and just want to argue with people. Shame as you were a good laugh IMO before all this.
          4) MYU, you are good at asking for advice but never put anything you are told into action. The new design is crap, simple as. The key to increasing traffic on this forum doesn't mean a return to 2010. The internet has moved on as you will see in time.
          5) It's an insult to every posters intelligence on here to suggest that all of those accounts were not Pinkies. It's just daft. Please stop.
          6) Stan and Brighton deserve a lot more respect for the work they have put into this forum over the years.

well, that's how I see it. Sorry, if it offends anyone but just being honest.
          Brian, for someone who wasn’t involved in as much detail as the rest of us, you’ve shown a remarkably good understanding of the facts.

Point 4 is very interesting. When changes of any sort are made, it’s often a little bit troublesome to start with. It soon became apparent however, that the new version was a bit of a dogs dinner.

Those involved, would know how many times we pointed out the stuff that wasn’t working. Be it difficulty in adding links, images or video, lack of commas, quotation marks etc., threads not updating, time not being displayed correctly. The list goes on.

I am truly amazed that we were expected to have to enter the control panel and clear cache, in order for some of the site to update in some way. This was supposed to be an upgrade. And MYU had to bloody pay for it.

It saddens me that after all this time since it was introduced, osme of these issues still remain unsolved, possibly even ignored judging by the length of time they have been going on.

If only some time had been devoted to things like that, which would have made things easier for everyone who uses the site. Instead, we get to hear yesterday about the fabled, all seeing, advanced log files. Fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Seriously what are you on about no proof??? Myus told you brighton undeleted a post i deleted to then ban me straight after when i said stan likes a edit!! There is proof which as myu has already said proves there was edits which had been denied, which will prove that i havnt lied about jackshite and will put some eggs on faces with a few who are shooting off, but the jist im getting on here even with evidence wouldnt make a jot of difference as blind eyes are getting turned, soo much for clarity and being transparent as that doesnt suit on here.No doubting myu will be back on to prove things
            Where did he say it was Brighton that undeleted it?

Comment

On myus post on here, i take it youve not read myus response on here?! Lolk further back awin thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by MYU View Post
                Sorry, I just replied to the very first post, I didn't read the whole thread.

I'm not going to go into too much detail on the open forum, I will however explain the Pinkie situation and why I believe the ban to be wrong.

Mod/Admin can edit posts, providing it's to remove something that breaks the site rules. When we make an edit, it wouldn't display it on the main forum, that has now been changed so you'll see who made an edit and at what time. This should solve any future edits. It was like that due to me editing my own posts hundreds of times.

There was an edit to one of Pinkies post,but as explained I couldn't tell what was edited or why?

When I questioned the admin, he couldn't remember so we move on.

We upgraded the site and whilst moving our database, we seemed to have lost quite a bit of data, not only on the forum, but things behind the seen as well.

I can't remember but I think Pinkie logged in a day or two later, not aware that the site was having issues, he made a post and said “He likes an edit” to one of the Admin. One of the members then corrected Pinkie and said that threads/posts are going missing due to our move. Pinkie then deleted his post, which we admin can still see.

Another admin then undeleted Pinkies post and used that to get him banned.

Number one rule for us admins should be that we don't undelete members posts, not unless they request us to do so. The fact here is as a team we abused our power by undeleting this post. The other thing here is Pinkie realised he made a mistake and quickly deleted the post he made. To me that was the right thing to do, he policed himself and that was good to see. If he hadn't of deleted it, I would've asked him nicely to remove the post, had he refused then I have a right to do something about it, and it didn't come to that.

I know I wouldn't like to be treated like that as a member, and I won't do that to anyone else.

If members can see Pinkie has got the wrong end of the stick, why is the admin team getting so personal?

Pinkies 'User title' was then changed, so it didn't show 'Banned' under his username. It looked like he was still a member. That is totally misleading.

We hardly ban anyone, if they get banned it's for good reason. I changed it back to show that he was banned and questioned it the change, no one knew anything about it?

Again, someone went behind my back knowing I didn't want that changed and it was changed it back to show he is not banned again. I'm not happy about and it's totally disrespecting me, the members and the site.

This site was built with the help of you members, and I thought the team had the sites best interest at heart, so I stopped doing what I was doing and started listening to my team. This is when the problems started, it's been going on for a few years and I know exactly what the problem is. Before this change the site was growing year on year.

I needed a break and time to think, was not expecting to take so long, however I needed the time out. Before I returned, I spoke to my Tech guy and asked for an update, he explained a few things that we shouldn't be doing and other members account had been played with too, and as I result decided to go back to when the site was running at it's best. Members were happy, our team was happy and we had so many people online. The site was fun to read, it's not anymore.

As a result of my finding and on my return, I decided to make all the admin back to moderators again, one or two asked to leave and I did as they requested.

This is a football forum, members police themselves. There's not much do do other than move a thread and edit some things that shouldn't be there. It really is that simple.
                For awin and anyone else who missed this.

Comment

For awin and anyone else who missed this.
                  I had read it Pinkie I just didn’t see Brighton’s name accredited with deleting it there, because it wasn’t.

Comment

It was me that undeleted an earlier post mate. Pinkie and the entire admin team have known about this from the start though. It was just another sly dig at another admin. He is simply using that as a line of attack now as his other claim about editing a link is dead in the water. I know it is, because it never happened.

What Pinkie seems to have missed when reproducing MYU’s message was the use of the term “should be”. It was never actually anything that we were instructed not to do.

Comment

• I wonder how Mac's managerial qualities would deal with this?

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                        I wonder how Mac's managerial qualities would deal with this?
                        I imagine he'd drop a key participant in the, er, debate and send him out on loan to Wycombe.....

Comment

Comment

Well if it was Ollie he would say you all got show more passion

Comment

• I'm not ignoring the thread and currently tied up with work, we're short staff due to holidays and I'm too shattered to do anything at the moment, so please forgive me.

I'm going to lock this thread right now, however I've really had enough of being Mr nice guy and biting my lip. This has nothing to do with Pinkie, it goes back a very long time. I've kept things to myself, I wasn't happy and it's about time it comes to an end.

I have a day off Friday, there is too much to find as I'm not someone who sits and collects things. It will take a bit of time but I will post, then hopefully we can all move on as we were.

Thanks.

Comment

Please show me a old post where you admitted that you had done that leading upto you banning me??!! At that time you was chasing me around threads trying youre hardest to get a bite off me so you could ban me, as i made a admin aware of at the time of this happening, so i made sure i didnt take the bait apart from saying jokingly stan likes a edit and bang that was it banned lol
                                Just had an opportunity to go back and have a look since you asked. A long time has passed now, but it looks like I actually replied to the post you now refer to, which obviously would show what you had posted. I honestly can’t recall if I had to un-delete it in order to reply, or if the act of replying may have automatically un-deleted it.

Page 2 of the thread is below :

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...big-news/page2

What you may also notice is an offer for me to forget about it and move on. Misjudged that, didn’t I ?

Comment

Working...
                                X