X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by davieqpr View Post

So you think Freeman or Pav should be dropped and he should be playing or he is better than loanees Hemed and Wells? The whole team was pants at the beginning of the season because players like him were not up to standard, yet..
    Did you not read what i put? that id rather have him on the bench to replace pav when hes tired, or even poss upfront, too good a young talent to be giving up on and shifting to posh, hes proved what he can do and you cant judge him on the pathetic performances at the start of the season as the whole squad wasnt at the races or the manager.

Leave a comment:

• davieqpr
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Hes one of ours and right promising and should of been used regularly but mac judged him early season when the whole team was pants, big mistake in my opinion and should be ahead of any loan player be it we havnt loaned wingers
    So you think Freeman or Pav should be dropped and he should be playing or he is better than loanees Hemed and Wells? The whole team was pants at the beginning of the season because players like him were not up to standard, yet..

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    If he doesn't get game time he'd be a mug to sign any sort of extension , not playing can only damage his career other clubs would have to think there's something wrong with him if they (QPR ) don't see being worth a squad place as I said we ain't anything special
    Hes one of ours and right promising and should of been used regularly but mac judged him early season when the whole team was pants, big mistake in my opinion and should be ahead of any loan player be it we havnt loaned wingers

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    If he doesn't get game time he'd be a mug to sign any sort of extension , not playing can only damage his career other clubs would have to think there's something wrong with him if they (QPR ) don't see being worth a squad place as I said we ain't anything special

Leave a comment:

• Undecided
    replied
    Originally posted by vespa View Post
    Personally i can see both sides ,was really impressed by Smyth last season ,definitely one for the future .if going on loan till the end of the season gives him maximum game time and he improves as a player thats a good thing ,because we arn`t going up or down this season.
    The club at last ,is moving in the right direction ,and Smyth could potentially be a part of it ,i think giving the boy experience ,building his confidence could stand us in good stead for a push to the play offs next season
    Good point well put.

Leave a comment:

• 1QPRDK
    replied
    Barring injuries, I donŽt think weŽll see him on the pitch until he signs an extension.

Leave a comment:

• LoftusRoadLad
    replied
    Posh couldn't or shouldn't afford him ! Gotta be a loan.

Leave a comment:

• 1973 ranger
    replied
    How long does he have left on his contract? I thought we signed him on a 2 year deal and not sure if he extended. If he is on a 2 year and not extended then keep him as no value to us letting him go on loan.

Leave a comment:

• Shepherds Mush
    replied
    As much as I like Smyth, I thought he was only really effective in the games agaisnt Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday. Couple of other times I saw him he got marked out of the game quite easily (from my recollection anyway)

Think a loan in a physical league will do him good to come back and push on.

Leave a comment:

• 1QPRDK
    replied
    His mother's side?

Leave a comment:

• dogsrrs
    replied
    While I agree any game is better than no game time (1st team ) but are we so good that this sort of potential can't make the squad ? I don't think so ! But what I do think is there has be something between S Mc / his assistant and Smythe on whose side I don't know

Leave a comment:

• Tarbie
    replied
    A loan is exactly what Smyth needs. That and a high protein diet and some time in the gym. Talent for days, but he's inexperienced and way too lightweight for the hussle and bustle in the Championship. Regular games a league or 2 below should bring his development on a long way.

Like a few have said above, dunno how this could be seen as negative. Young players don't need time on the bench, or games for the U23's. They need regular games in the first team at a level that suits their current level of development.

Leave a comment:

• vespa
    replied
    Personally i can see both sides ,was really impressed by Smyth last season ,definitely one for the future .if going on loan till the end of the season gives him maximum game time and he improves as a player thats a good thing ,because we arn`t going up or down this season.
    The club at last ,is moving in the right direction ,and Smyth could potentially be a part of it ,i think giving the boy experience ,building his confidence could stand us in good stead for a push to the play offs next season

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Id rather get him on our bench if we are going to continue on this little sticky patch, for me id have him coming on to replace pav if needed with his injection of pace and direct running, and has a very good final ball in him, just what we need, personally not sold on samuel, would be a waste sending smythe out on loan whdn we know what he can do, and we will need him at some point in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Greg1882
    replied
    Be a great move for him to get some regular football and some experience at a club at the right end of the table playing good attacking football. Why anyone would see that as a negative is a bit odd

Leave a comment:

Working...
X