X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkie View Post

Ill swerve on any more comments on issues hal and leave things to the people in charge, as for our bet im well up for that mate, sure i came out with something like ollie would of had us upto about 12th this season but in reality i cant remember exactly unless you can, otherwise lets think of this bet now and get it on, 50 sheets on it and to charity of the winners choice.
    I did have a look at the Stan link, but everything has changed so much since then we'd have to frame any bet differently. My original offer to anyone was that I'd back us finishing higher this term to where we end up at the end of last season, but clearly no one is going to go for that now and I wouldn't blame them! I'll have a think and maybe we can come up with something, but now we've cleared the air I'm OK with that.

Meanwhile I'll join you in swerving the issues, its all been said. The thing that would float my boat is continued progress for the club and maybe even a little cup run, but I wouldn't back that even if Klopp was running the show!

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

I don't question your loyalty or the time you've spent on the terraces. Never have. But the fact is that when you went away, the board was being run by a different team. By the time you got back (or shortly after) the owner had taken unilateral control of this place, since which time you've had a clear run and said a few things which would have got you time in the bin under the old regime.

I can cope with that just fine, but maybe you should ask yourself why there is suddenly this level of tolerance..... maybe others should too. That was my main point.

As to the bet, the original offer sailed away with all the other lost threads that went missing when we 'upgraded' (including the legendary supporters thread). Thread search is now strictly date limited - at least it is on this browser. I think the bet was along the lines of our finishing position improving this term vs last, and I stuck to it even when we getting absolutely rodgered early doors. Shortly after that someone appeared - Poweranger? - who most people thought was you, but that gentleman was unwilling to have a bet too.

There you go.
    Ill swerve on any more comments on issues hal and leave things to the people in charge, as for our bet im well up for that mate, sure i came out with something like ollie would of had us upto about 12th this season but in reality i cant remember exactly unless you can, otherwise lets think of this bet now and get it on, 50 sheets on it and to charity of the winners choice.

Leave a comment:

• Stanley
    replied
    Is this it Hal? http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...59#post2493359

Leave a comment:

• West Acton
    replied
    Rumbled

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied

Seriously???
    I don't question your loyalty or the time you've spent on the terraces. Never have. But the fact is that when you went away, the board was being run by a different team. By the time you got back (or shortly after) the owner had taken unilateral control of this place, since which time you've had a clear run and said a few things which would have got you time in the bin under the old regime.

I can cope with that just fine, but maybe you should ask yourself why there is suddenly this level of tolerance..... maybe others should too. That was my main point.

As to the bet, the original offer sailed away with all the other lost threads that went missing when we 'upgraded' (including the legendary supporters thread). Thread search is now strictly date limited - at least it is on this browser. I think the bet was along the lines of our finishing position improving this term vs last, and I stuck to it even when we getting absolutely rodgered early doors. Shortly after that someone appeared - Poweranger? - who most people thought was you, but that gentleman was unwilling to have a bet too.

There you go.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied

Because its the internet, and know one can be sure of who anyone else actually is, don't take this personally. I could be you and vice versa etc.

I think you are tolerated around here by the owner - MYU - because you are seen as thread clickbait, and tbf you've been brilliant at it. I do some work on another forum , not QPR, not even football, and I know that keeping a friendly troll on board is mistakenly seen as promoting traffic. Mistaken because its really short term: people get fed up with hitting the ignore button, or just get bored with the same old spin. And then they're gone.

If I'm right, you're perfectly aware of all this. The alternative is that you're too shot away to realise that you're being used but I don't believe that. I think the real problem here is MYU who doesn't see the bigger picture.

The whole point of the bet thing - which I think you've realised - was to find out if you were for real. You wouldn't play, and ignored threads where your opinion was exposed. Cover blown. That more than anything suggested to me that you didn't really believe what you were writing.

You've played a blinder son, whether you know it or not, but admin - if there are any left apart from the owner - needs to get a grip. This has nothing to do with Ollie or TF or SteveMac and in a sense it never really did. Its about the way this place is being run.

Good luck with it.

Seriously??? Say what lol, honestly cannot believe youve gone to any effort to write all that made up waffle, i had been away for 7 months as you know, ive been rangers since bout 73 time, had forgot exact details of said bet and asked you the details so i would stand my side of the bet no matter what, so with youre character assasination youve got completely wrong im afraid, give out the exact details of our bet and ill have a say friendly 50 pounds bet with you to give to a charity of whoevers choice! I look forward to you ironing out the details of our bet.

Leave a comment:

• Alanwycombe
    replied
    Would explain the ranting, name calling and aggression which most other posters steer clear of most of the time.

Leave a comment:

• Rangers77
    replied
    A excellent post, Hal. Food for thought for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Because its the internet, and know one can be sure of who anyone else actually is, don't take this personally. I could be you and vice versa etc.

I think you are tolerated around here by the owner - MYU - because you are seen as thread clickbait, and tbf you've been brilliant at it. I do some work on another forum , not QPR, not even football, and I know that keeping a friendly troll on board is mistakenly seen as promoting traffic. Mistaken because its really short term: people get fed up with hitting the ignore button, or just get bored with the same old spin. And then they're gone.

If I'm right, you're perfectly aware of all this. The alternative is that you're too shot away to realise that you're being used but I don't believe that. I think the real problem here is MYU who doesn't see the bigger picture.

The whole point of the bet thing - which I think you've realised - was to find out if you were for real. You wouldn't play, and ignored threads where your opinion was exposed. Cover blown. That more than anything suggested to me that you didn't really believe what you were writing.

You've played a blinder son, whether you know it or not, but admin - if there are any left apart from the owner - needs to get a grip. This has nothing to do with Ollie or TF or SteveMac and in a sense it never really did. Its about the way this place is being run.

Good luck with it.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    Originally posted by QCR View Post
    "Throughout this season, even at the beginning of the SMac error" Interesting description...
    Is that all you've got?

Forums wont work for you if you have to spend time picking up people on predictive text, typos etc....

Leave a comment:

• QCR
    replied
    "Throughout this season, even at the beginning of the SMac error" Interesting description...

And on Billy Bleach - the other week my son was at a QPR run training session, and one of the dads there was a guy I recognised from the Fast Show but didn't know his name. Google sent me to Simon Day - and this piece of genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrFa51JU3sM

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    Hence why i asked you the exact details again as i cant remember exactly

Leave a comment:

• Pinkie
    replied
    I was bang up for it. Read my posts. I was up for it before Leeds, when everyone was confident we'd get hammered.

Throughout this season, even at the beginning of the SMac error I've been desperate for you to put your money where your mouth is.

The posts are there. You want me to dig them out? I've been trying to take money off you for a long time.
    Be difficult for me to of took you up on the bet when ive been banned for 7 months! would of thought that would of been obvious to you hal!

Leave a comment:

• hal9thou
    replied
    I was bang up for it. Read my posts. I was up for it before Leeds, when everyone was confident we'd get hammered.

Throughout this season, even at the beginning of the SMac error I've been desperate for you to put your money where your mouth is.

The posts are there. You want me to dig them out? I've been trying to take money off you for a long time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X