Paul Smyth leaving in January??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Smyth leaving in January??

Might be off to Peterborough according to this article.Shame if it happens.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/12/1...orough-united/

What permanently?....F*8kin ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
      What permanently?....F*8kin ridiculous
      Last paragraph suggests all leaving on a temporary basis.

Cheap reporting though based on being young fringe players. I could have written that.

Comment

Only on loan

Comment

Would be good to get him some games on loan.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Be a great move for him to get some regular football and some experience at a club at the right end of the table playing good attacking football. Why anyone would see that as a negative is a bit odd

Comment

Id rather get him on our bench if we are going to continue on this little sticky patch, for me id have him coming on to replace pav if needed with his injection of pace and direct running, and has a very good final ball in him, just what we need, personally not sold on samuel, would be a waste sending smythe out on loan whdn we know what he can do, and we will need him at some point in my opinion.
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Personally i can see both sides ,was really impressed by Smyth last season ,definitely one for the future .if going on loan till the end of the season gives him maximum game time and he improves as a player thats a good thing ,because we arn`t going up or down this season.
                The club at last ,is moving in the right direction ,and Smyth could potentially be a part of it ,i think giving the boy experience ,building his confidence could stand us in good stead for a push to the play offs next season
                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

A loan is exactly what Smyth needs. That and a high protein diet and some time in the gym. Talent for days, but he's inexperienced and way too lightweight for the hussle and bustle in the Championship. Regular games a league or 2 below should bring his development on a long way.

Like a few have said above, dunno how this could be seen as negative. Young players don't need time on the bench, or games for the U23's. They need regular games in the first team at a level that suits their current level of development.

Comment

While I agree any game is better than no game time (1st team ) but are we so good that this sort of potential can't make the squad ? I don't think so ! But what I do think is there has be something between S Mc / his assistant and Smythe on whose side I don't know

Comment

His mother's side?
                      https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

As much as I like Smyth, I thought he was only really effective in the games agaisnt Cardiff and Sheffield Wednesday. Couple of other times I saw him he got marked out of the game quite easily (from my recollection anyway)

Think a loan in a physical league will do him good to come back and push on.

Comment

How long does he have left on his contract? I thought we signed him on a 2 year deal and not sure if he extended. If he is on a 2 year and not extended then keep him as no value to us letting him go on loan.

Comment

Posh couldn't or shouldn't afford him ! Gotta be a loan.

Comment

Barring injuries, I donŽt think weŽll see him on the pitch until he signs an extension.
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Working...
                              X