No announcement yet.

Furlong and Cousins to the rescue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cousins offers great energy and will sit and hold unlike Scowen.who is often caught out of position which leads to him getting carded or giving silly free kicks or pens away. Sorry Dogs just do not see what Scowen offers the team in any capacity. All about opinions and mine is he is not very good.

Comment

That central midfield will be a huge battle on Saturday and not having Cameron is a massive blow. Would personally put Scowen in simply because he can mix it.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post

Al Washington never gives up ! Scowens ain't had a good season , agree on Cameron as I said but we are in trouble if cousins is the future , that can't be just my opinion
        You can't make that comparison, Washington achieved nothing where Cousins does at least contribute to the team's performance. Not saying he's the future, we're in trouble if he is, but shuffling the pack at the moment he is a more disciplined player and not the liability that Scowen is. He got booked before he'd even touched the ball when he came on at Leeds reducing his effectiveness immediately. Not very clever.

Comment

Al cousins has never reached the level for QPR that scowens did last season and you know what they say about form being tempory thats what makes me think scowens would be a better bet given the chance to find last season's form

Comment

Trouble is we are talking about this season. Scowens is not taking his chances when offered and can't be doing much in training as MacLaren identified early that we needed a loanee to replace him.
            Cousins hasn't set the world alight but has been more consistent this season. Don't think we will ever see Hall start a game again. It has been a long time.

Comment

Cousins for me is a totally different player. As a couple of others have mentioned, Cousins brings energy and a bit of height. He can mix it as well as Scowen but can also hold his position. Not knocking Scowen for his energy as he clearly puts in a shift, but I don't think he brings anything that Cousins can, and I think Cousins does it all better.

Comment

What we need is......................................Henry

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  What we need is......................................Henry
                  Wash your mouth out!

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post

Wash your mouth out!

Comment

Terrible news re Cameron and Rangel; presents the skipper with his biggest challenge to date. Clearly Furlong now moves back in at RB; thought before season began he was going to have a break out campaign this year, and now he gets to show us why. As for Cameron slot, would agree we start with Cousins over Scowen based on thius year's performances. Also believe with Tomer now a possible longer term injury scratch we should see who our next best striker is...IMO that could be Smyth. Would also like to see, when the opportunity presents itself, more of Ilias Chair. He's fast on the ball, and a real playmaker.

Comment

Both Cousins and Furlong did well today and both played in 2 different positions during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          Both Cousins and Furlong did well today and both played in 2 different positions during the game.
                          Agree, I thought we might be in real trouble after conceding and having to shuffle the deck and play these guys out of their normal positions, well done to both!
                          @gatorTFC

Comment

Yes cousins was decent enough but have to say scowens wasn't too shabby when he came on

Comment

Both very good today especially Furlong who got his first run out

Comment

Never really been a fan of Furlong but the boy did well today, in fact very well.

Looked assured and won a number of telling headers and didn't see him get caught out of position once.

Maybe SMC is the difference between the Furlong I wasn't keen on and the Furlong I saw today.

Comment

Working...
                                X