Lee Hoos, has he achieved anything or is he hot air and waffle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lee Hoos, has he achieved anything or is he hot air and waffle

I was at the Hull game and have been a season ticket holder on and off for about 35 odd years, during the game my mind got to thinking that for as long as can remember the following have been discussed and argued but as far as i can see nothing has actually been done.

New ground?
    New training ground?
    Leg room?
    Ticket prices? (1 adult and a 16 year old = £48, ouch)
    Refresheshment prices and choice? (£5 a pint, ouch)

Now i'm not saying nothing has been done to change any of these gripes but i for one can't honestly say that anything has changed in years or will in the foreseeable future.

Feel free to agree, diagree or even add to the list.

P.S. I think SMc is the right man but we need a CH and a leader on the pitch.

Training ground has had progress now. Not sure what you mean about leg room, how was he ever going to sort that out?

Balancing the books was his main task and he is doing that. Ticket prices are still to high in relation to Fulham and Brentford but they have brought in the Y block so that's a positive and seems to have had a good impact on the atmosphere.

£5 a pint is just London pricing. I think it is the same price at Millwall.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
      Training ground has had progress now. Not sure what you mean about leg room, how was he ever going to sort that out?

Balancing the books was his main task and he is doing that. Ticket prices are still to high in relation to Fulham and Brentford but they have brought in the Y block so that's a positive and seems to have had a good impact on the atmosphere.

£5 a pint is just London pricing. I think it is the same price at Millwall.
      he has to work under constraints and whilst i think he dodges questions sometimes he's always been fairly honest about the state of our club and what we need to do to be sustainable. we're a small london based club which means we're always gunna be up against it and will have more hurdles to face than other clubs based further up north.

all things considered i think hes done a brilliant job under the circumstances and we've defo turned a new leaf since he's been here

Comment

Just a couple of replies to the responses,

a) £5 a pint may be a 'London' price in a pub but it's certainly not in any other type of club i.e CIU or Legion,
        b) Why do we have to follow other clubs with ticket pricing, the ground is half empty.
        c) The training ground hasn't even started and i'm not holding my breath either and we only got that because it's free.
        d) This isn't a personal go at Mr Hoos, but is he just a front for the owners to peddle any gumf so we don't ask any questions for another 6 months and then they'll wheel him out again until either he gets bored and leaves or gets sacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodnut View Post

a) £5 a pint may be a 'London' price in a pub but it's certainly not in any other type of club i.e CIU or Legion,
          b) Why do we have to follow other clubs with ticket pricing, the ground is half empty.
          c) The training ground hasn't even started and i'm not holding my breath either and we only got that because it's free.
          d) This isn't a personal go at Mr Hoos, but is he just a front for the owners to peddle any gumf so we don't ask any questions for another 6 months and then they'll wheel him out again until either he gets bored and leaves or gets sacked.

A. Legions etc are a different thing altogether. I went to the theatre the other day and it was £6.80 a bottle of beer. Not even a pint. I don't think £5 is too bad and far from terrible (though Carlsberg is rank). Though, when the beers are warm that is when it isn't right or fair to charge so much.

B. I think you missed my point. I think we are too expensive when compared against those near us. But, the Y block does make it really affordable though I agree that we should not be paying so much for a regular seat.

C. We have been given the all clear for this so should be starting soon, I think.

D. He isn't just a front. He has more input than most as he is in control of what we can afford.

Comment

a) Surely if you can dispense warm rubbish beer for £5 then why not £5 for chilled decent beer.
            b) Cat B game, pay at the gate £30, i know a lot of people that with work, family and travel don't know if they can attend until the day of the match,
            c) Hope you're right,
            d) Not being nasty but at present the only thing that he has achieved is getting the wage bill down, i accept that. But nothing else.

QPR and football in general is an entertainment business and quite frankly the fans (including yourself) who go solely for the passion for the club deserve an awful lot better matchday experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodnut View Post

a) We are not a CIU or Legion. Plus these clubs are closing at the same rate as Pubs.
              b) Recent matches have been well over half full'
              c) Nothing to do with Hoos but down to NIMBYs.
              d) As well as getting the wage bill down he has also reduced the running costs.
              As far as improving legroom, short of offering to chop your feet off ,I don't see how that is part of his job. Did you prefer Phil Beard running the show? or is it because the 'Evil Les' posts are becoming tiring and boring.

Comment

Is that a Belgian waffle or a Bird's Eye potato waffle ?

Comment

Leg Room

Let's get David Blaine in to solve that one.

Comment

If i had a tardis and could time travel i would be happy to remove the leg room moan and would also be happy to clarify my waffle preference i would.

But why is £5 for bad warm beer acceptable and why are category 'B' Silver tickets £30 on the day.

P.S. Who is Bad Les and Phil Beard was also just a wheel him out when it suits man.

Comment

Sorry, not bad les but 'Evil Les'.

Comment

£5 pint? Try going to spoons, great value if that's what you care about.

I think Hoos is good for the club, he's definitely helped us steady the ship. The reality moving forward is we have to be financially prudent.

Comment

I don't buy beer at the ground but if its £5 a pint then thats cheap where i come from. Normally £5.50 plus. They have already started the training ground. They have done all the surveys and soil testing. Knocking down the old building that's there will commence in January and they have to level the whole area which will take the best part of 6 to 9 months. Absolutely nothing can be done about leg room. And why don't you go in the lower loft if you're bringing your kid. £17 each for me and my son for the Brentford game. Lee Hoos has done a great job since he's been here. If he'd have been there instead of Phil Beard we wouldn't have been in the mess we have been in.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                            £5 pint? Try going to spoons, great value if that's what you care about.

I think Hoos is good for the club, he's definitely helped us steady the ship. The reality moving forward is we have to be financially prudent.
                            Hoos is good for the club. Anyone with eyes and a brain can see it. I really don’t know what some people expect, we are working within serious constraints and in my opinion doing a bloody good job. The games changed and we have cut our cloth accordingly. The club is well run and the foundations have been/are being layed for future succsess. There will be plenty of clubs who feel the pain re ffp and I’m confident we won’t get caught out like that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post

Hoos is good for the club. Anyone with eyes and a brain can see it. I really don’t know what some people expect, we are working within serious constraints and in my opinion doing a bloody good job. The games changed and we have cut our cloth accordingly. The club is well run and the foundations have been/are being layed for future succsess. There will be plenty of clubs who feel the pain re ffp and I’m confident we won’t get caught out like that again.
                              Well said.

Right, who else is there at the club that we can have a pop at?
                              "I don't read the papers, I don't gamble, I don't even know what day it is." - Steve McClaren.

Comment

Working...
                              X