Why is the atmosphere on here so bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
    Well i won't be here much in the next coming days (not that I've been on much in the previous few days either lol) as I've got stomach surgery today (Tuesday). No solid foods for 6 weeks ffs.
    Best whishes for the op Jeff

Comment

Let's be honest, the reason this site isn't as busy as it once was is that not much has been done in years (aside from a software update) to keep it in tune with the way the world is going in terms of media.

To a lesser degree, there has also been infighting amongst the Mods/Admins that has spilled over into the community. This being exactly the reason that this is only my 3rd post in as many months.

If you want to drive traffic through a forum these days, you need to do more than simply run a forum. You need content that can be transferred into other forms of social media in order to keep generating reasonable numbers of new members. Relevant videos or articles that can be reposted on Twitter, Facebook etc. would be ideal. That's how the world works these days. People see a video they like online, from there they add or like the channel that has posted the video, and from there take an interest in the page/forum/community etc.

This site has come a long way since its inception. I remember I only joined cos it was a good place to get (supposedly) inside info on transfer dealings. Of course, there is still an element of that. But when everyone has Sky Sports, BBC, West London Sports etc. on their smart phones, you don't have to work as hard to find stuff out.

As posted by another poster above, the USP on here these days is the community, but that won't draw in much fresh blood to replace the posters that leave. At best, you will get the occasional person who hears of the site on the grapevine that joins, or friends of people that post already, and that's probably about it.

Comment

Just start a thread called "Conor Washington....Worst Transfer Ever?" and you'll probably get a fair amount of traffic...

Comment

Well i won't be here much in the next coming days (not that I've been on much in the previous few days either lol) as I've got stomach surgery today (Tuesday). No solid foods for 6 weeks ffs.
          ffs i bought you some strides for xmas 38w and i lost the reciept
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

hope it goes well jeff

Comment

Good luck, Jeff,.......But i think you are taking your bid to become slimmer on the year too seriously!

Comment

To be fair Tarbs I think it's more to do with the tripe that the club has been churning out for the last 3 year and a lack of any excitement
                around the club posters have had enough of it they also don't attend games either. But things are now changing back again.
                Rather than blame the mods blame the club that's were the problem lies.
                Cant be easy running a forum with no benefit whatsoever can it .
                This is not a dig at you as I think your a great poster but just my personal opinion

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                  To be fair Tarbs I think it's more to do with the tripe that the club has been churning out for the last 3 year and a lack of any excitement
                  around the club posters have had enough of it they also don't attend games either. But things are now changing back again.
                  Rather than blame the mods blame the club that's were the problem lies.
                  Cant be easy running a forum with no benefit whatsoever can it .
                  This is not a dig at you as I think your a great poster but just my personal opinion
                  Certainly not blaming the Mods mate. They do a great job, for no reward and often very little gratitude.

I was simply offering an explanation for the question that Shania posed.

Comment

Ok no problem Tarbs sorry if I mis interpreted your post buddy.
                    Post more it's a better site with you on it mate

Comment

Best wishes to Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

Good luck, Jeff,.......But i think you are taking your bid to become slimmer on the year too seriously!

seriously though ,good luck Jeff ,gutted ( probably the wrong expression ! ) to happen over Christmas though
                        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I think the atmosphere on here is pretty good , we and the club seem to be pulling in the right direction again at last .
                          Good to have banished posters like Dave ,Facto and Pinkie back too .
                          Wish Van ,Lone ,Bushcelt , Vblock and Ndubz still posted though .............
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post

I was gonna take that title, having lost 7 and a half stone (so far)!

Good luck with the surgery Jeff mate!
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Good luck with the surgery Jeff.

The atmosphere on here seems pretty good to me. It's a small corner of sweetness and light in a dark world.....

Comment

To be honest, it's quite nice to come on here and not have to read endless rants about Ian Holloway's Hollow Head....

In addition, I'm also enjoying not having to hear how Luongo will be the next winner of the ballon d'or.

Comment

Working...
                                X