Refs after a game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refs after a game

should be allowed to be interviewed, American football, rugby have them miked up bout time the championship refs start to be accountable for shiz like that

Some of them need lynching after a game.
    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Once again undone by a really poor decision, yes Toni might have handled but absolutely no way the ref could see it, so he went with crowd reaction. Down the other end there is no way he’s have given us a pen for the same......

Comment

Protected & never have to have their decisions or behavior questioned publically. Outrageous in this day and age.

Its a tough job but a lot is at stake & thats that's why I'm all for VAR.

Comment

Fully agree with SMC's post-match comments. Definitely deserved a point from the game, had it not been for an appalling ref decision, who was clearly influenced by the crowd for that call. He was completely blind to it from his position and yet instantly blew for the penalty without even consulting his assistant: https://www.qpr.co.uk/videos/intervi...-leeds-defeat/

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Once again undone by a really poor decision, yes Toni might have handled but absolutely no way the ref could see it, so he went with crowd reaction. Down the other end there is no way he’s have given us a pen for the same......
            And this is why we should do everything we can to ensure that the upper and lower loft is packed week in week out so decisions like that go our way in future

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

And this is why we should do everything we can to ensure that the upper and lower loft is packed week in week out so decisions like that go our way in future

Back to the old topic of where to put the family stand? Why can't they use a section of Ellerslie? S block maybe.

For me having it at the traditional home end of our ground is absolutely abysmal from the club. That end is literally dead as a door nail every single week. It's embarrassing.

We should be sucking that ball into the end and have a loud energetic crowd behind that goal, not sparsely populated seats full of kids and families sorry!

And this is from someone who takes my kids but would never sit there.

Comment

Agree jimmy. If it had to be lower loft surely it does not need to be all of it just make it first block of lower loft and rest is free for all
                Last edited by West Acton; 09-12-2018, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  Back to the old topic of where to put the family stand? Why can't they use a section of Ellerslie? S block maybe.

For me having it at the traditional home end of our ground is absolutely abysmal from the club. That end is literally dead as a door nail every single week. It's embarrassing.

We should be sucking that ball into the end and have a loud energetic crowd behind that goal, not sparsely populated seats full of kids and families sorry!

And this is from someone who takes my kids but would never sit there.
                  Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Agree jimmy. If it had to be lower lift surely it does not need to be all of it just make it first block of lower loft and rest is free for all
                  If there's one issue Lee Hoos has not understood (and thus failed at) since he's been at the club, this is it

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

If there's one issue Lee Hoos has not understood (and thus failed at) since he's been at the club, this is it
                    Because in the States it's all about a family day out with gallons of cola and giant hotdogs, clowns, jugglers, cheerleaders and anything else they can use to create a 'spectacle'. They don't get the tradition and years of support, often handed down through generations, that makes a passionate football supporter.

Comment

Very true Stan.

Can you remind me what the last state of play was on this matter at a fans meeting or whatever as my brain is like a sieve.

Comment

Very true Stan.

Can you remind me what the last state of play was on this matter at a fans meeting or whatever as my brain is like a sieve.
                        Jimmy, IIRC he said that he took an average of the attendances for lower loft from before (roughly 2010 onwards) and after it was introduced, and there was no significant difference in levels. So that's what he based his decision on to keep it in place (family stand was already there when he arrived). He also used the argument of the importance of building/encouraging the next generation of fans by providing a 'family friendly' environment etc.

The point I tried making to him (diplomatically) is being a bean counter etc is all well and good but what he's failed to grasp is the major detrimental impact its had on the stadium atmosphere, and how the whole loft in full voice used to intimidate the opposition into mistakes, as well as give even greater confidence to our own players. I even tried using language that he would understand by arguing it's cost us untold dropped league points as a result, which is the bottom line. It all fell on deaf ears though sadly.

Comment

Jimmy, IIRC he said that he took an average of the attendances for lower loft from before (roughly 2010 onwards) and after it was introduced, and there was no significant difference in levels. So that's what he based his decision on to keep it in place (family stand was already there when he arrived). He also used the argument of the importance of building/encouraging the next generation of fans by providing a 'family friendly' environment etc.

The point I tried making to him (diplomatically) is being a bean counter etc is all well and good but what he's failed to grasp is the major detrimental impact its had on the stadium atmosphere, and how the whole loft in full voice used to intimidate the opposition into mistakes, as well as give even greater confidence to our own players. I even tried using language that he would understand by arguing it's cost us untold dropped league points as a result, which is the bottom line. It all fell on deaf ears though sadly.
                          Unbelievable. With all due respect what would he know about the Loft end? Nothing. Using maths to come to a decision is ridiculous. Make that an open end for fans and watch it go. He's killed that end. Totally killed it and the rest of the ground followed.

Comment

Unbelievable. With all due respect what would he know about the Loft end? Nothing. Using maths to come to a decision is ridiculous. Make that an open end for fans and watch it go. He's killed that end. Totally killed it and the rest of the ground followed.
                            Absolutely right mate, and indeed the rest of the ground did follow because previously the Loft was the epicentre of the noise, which used to then flow around into the adjacent SAR and Ellerslie stands. This family stand has ripped the heart out of that though. As you say, one of the Ellerslie blocks would be a much more suitable location for it (if they have to have one), plus it would be covered too.

Comment

Families have no business expecting to attend a football match all coddled together in a safe environment..... total nonsense! Anyway, since we've had the lower loft family area our crowds have systematically diminished so its proven that it does NOT build our fanbase, it actually drives fans away due to not having a noisy/spiritual "end" driving the atmosphere.

Comment

Working...
                              X